Doctors that prescribe baclofen for addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto, AtlDad. Cass -- Dr. L can prescribe across state lines, correct? I have stockpiled an insane amount of Bac because of the delta between what I've been prescribed (250 mg a day) and what I'm taking (100 mg a day) that I would share if I weren't unwilling to run afoul of the Controlled Substances Act.

I have a brother who I think could benefit greatly from Bac, and that's not going to happen. Definitely can feel the pain you're experiencing, but ... know hope.

Comment

email address for Dr. Fred Levin

Does anyone have an email address they would be willing to share for Dr. Fred Levin?

Comment

suneelca;1261702 wrote: Ditto, AtlDad. Cass -- Dr. L can prescribe across state lines, correct? ...
        Correct.
        With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Just wanted to add for add for anyone in the Uk I contacted Doctor Chick and as I lived in Newcastle and he was in Edinburgh I arranged to meet him when he was in Newcastle the following week on business,i met him and he agreed to prescribe baclofen,although it was quite a low dose which whilst it did help did not stop my drinking ,anyway I stopped taking Baclofen .After about 4 months I realised that I needed to try again so got back in touch with him and he straight away said he was ok to prescribe and now I am back on bac as it were and things are looking up.Just thought this might help anyone if they were in the UK and nervous about getting in touch with him.For me he was extremely helpful understanding and made a big difference for me
          cheers

Comment

Still looking for a Dr. in the Los Angeles area. If anyone has any info please share! Still going through Dr. L, which is nice, but I'd like a doc that I can see face to face.

Dose

Comment

still looking for a Doc in the LA area. Anywhere in California? Haha... this state is filled with hippy dippy types, I can't imagine there isn't one doctor around that is trying this route.

Comment

^^LOL

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Dosage0;1270037 wrote: still looking for a Doc in the LA area. Anywhere in California? Haha... this state is filled with hippy dippy types, I can't imagine there isn't one doctor around that is trying this route.
                  Yep. I'd be shocked if there weren't. I'd start by picking up the phone book. errr. I mean google.
                  Psychopharmacologist is our best bet, I think. And anyone who prescribes medications as a primary treatment is going to be more open to it. Affiliated with a major medical university/hospital...
                  I'm pretty sure that you've got more than plastic surgeons out there. 1 or 2 anyway. I'm not sure why...

My back-ass-water place barely has any shrinks, much less ones that know about bac. You would not believe. :upset: But I'm not undone yet. I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to break one in. Or I'm going to give up and go home (Baltimore) where I know for fact that docs are using bac for addiction.

Comment

Also, someone around here has one in SF. Maybe they are affiliated with a larger practice or know of someone in your area. Who is that?

And Lo0p has one somewhere around there. Mid-CA anyway. (Sacramento?)

Comment

Any docs in North Carolina that prescribe HDB?

Comment

So,would u think I could be a good candidate for Baclofen? I tried Topamax and Naltrexone and neither of them worked.Read My Way Out..
                        I am about to start the nutitional approach based on Dr. Larsen's book 7 Weeks to Sobriety".Dr. Larsen believes there are several types of alcoholics. All have different nutritional needs and some have a dual diagnosis.
                        I am interested in the success rate with Baclofen.

Comment

alcoholic types

I agree in the different type alcoholics. I will order the book to understand more from his perspective. High School kids who get drunk, get into a wreck and possibly kill someone may not be alcoholics but may have gotten drunk at a single party, made a very bad decision, and have to go before a judge in the end.

The next type is the one who, because of certain cercumstances that may trigger alcohol consumtion, will go on a "bender" sometimes for days or weeks,but then become sober for weeks or months, usually with meds to taper them off of their extreme intake.

The last type is the daily drinker, sometimes 20 oz. of hard liquor or more, and after years of this activity, must take strong benzo's, but tapering over several days or even weeks to finally normalize. This type alcoholic is most prone to liver disease and other maladies due to daily excessive alcohol intake.

What is your take on this? Agree, disagree? What other types can you identify and why or why not?

Comment

I don't think you know unless you try. Naltrexone was a fail for me. Bac has helped but I am not there yet. Nutrition is always a good idea. Especially some exercise (lord knows I need to start back up).

Comment

Anyone find a doc in Colorado yet?

Comment

If anyone has the name or contact info for a doc in the **** area who will prescribe baclofen I would be grateful to have that information. Email or pm is fine. I'm not entirely sure how this message board works but would much appreciate any help regarding this. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X