Newbies Nest! for bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest! for bac

LadyLush;1095569 wrote: I haven't had one day like that since I started taking Bac.
    Lady
    Zephra;1105028 wrote: I am taking it slow and easy. I will go up 20 mgs a week to give my brain time to adjust.
    Come on and share, you know you want to. z
    Zephra;1105783 wrote:
    I am up to 80 mgs. of Bac. Last week had a reduction in my drinking and only drank a half bottle per night instead of a whole bottle of red wine. This week I am back to a bottle a night.

To Drink or Not To Drink after the switch, that is the question. I started Bac because I would like to drink like a normal person. Not crave it and to be able to have a glass once in a while. My plan has been to get to the switch and then tapper back to zero. Will see how I feel about this as I go along. z
    I feel the urge to cut and paste a lot more. Including Chi's post. But I'll refrain, a bit, since I tend to be a little too wordy!

oops. Gotta go... life.

Love you guys. keep posting.
    don't worry about after the switch! It's too much fun to worry about before you get there!

Ne

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Sorry about the abrupt departure. The repair guy showed up. On time. Who does that???

Z, the up and down with drinking is something I experienced, but others haven't... Who knows? It got to be a real problem for me when the hangovers got so bad I thought I'd crawl into bed for a week rather than just a couple of days...

Whether or not to drink after the switch is something I'm still debating for myself, obviously... The really cool, really unbelievable thing is: You get to decide. Not the beast. Not the compulsion. Do I or don't I? should I or shouldn't I? It's no longer a function of "I must but I can't." I don't ever (neva eva) drink against my will anymore. How 'bout that?

Evey, where the heck are you???

Hope it's a good day for all the newbies and lurkers out there.
      xo
      Ne

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Ne/Neva Eva;1106651 wrote: Sorry about the abrupt departure. The repair guy showed up. On time. Who does that???

Z, the up and down with drinking is something I experienced, but others haven't... Who knows? It got to be a real problem for me when the hangovers got so bad I thought I'd crawl into bed for a week rather than just a couple of days...

Whether or not to drink after the switch is something I'm still debating for myself, obviously... The really cool, really unbelievable thing is: You get to decide. Not the beast. Not the compulsion. Do I or don't I? should I or shouldn't I? It's no longer a function of "I must but I can't."
        I don't ever (neva eva) drink against my will anymore. How 'bout that?

Evey, where the heck are you???

Hope it's a good day for all the newbies and lurkers out there.
        xo
        Ne
        I can relate to this, especially the part I bolded. It is a great feeling to feel in control, and happy about it.

As far as the hangovers.... funny how they were never a true determent to me in the past, I got very good at managing them since I did it on a daily basis. Now a hangover (on way less AL) and it is a major deterrent. I imagine it is like when my normal friends would get drunk on a special occasion and then feel like -- that was fun but I won't be doing it again anytime soon.

I'm still trying to figure out my dosing now that I know I have indifference at 100mgs. How long to stay at 100... when to go down, etc.

My thoughts are to stay here long enough to rewire my brain and habits so when I do go down I can manage any cravings that come up by changing my routines. I still love hearing how others manage post indifference. My goal is to be like Sunny, who now only takes 20 mgs, and still enjoys a sober life.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Ne Said:

I am luck no bad hangovers yet.

Ne Said:
          Whether or not to drink after the switch is something I'm still debating for myself, obviously... The really cool, really unbelievable thing is: You get to decide. Not the beast. Not the compulsion. Do I or don't I? should I or shouldn't I? It's no longer a function of "I must but I can't." I don't ever (neva eva) drink against my will anymore. How 'bout that?

That's exactly what I want back, The Power of it being my decission, not a compulsion.

Ne I am so glad you are on this forum and congrats on your new adventure with school.

Hi Chi, I don't know how to multiple quote yet, I will learn.
          Chi Said:
          "My thoughts are to stay here long enough to rewire my brain and habits so when I do go down I can manage any cravings that come up by changing my routines."

I have thought about this. I think because you have reached your switch so low I would just stay at that and give your brain time to rewire.

My drinking has not cut down and I am going up to 100mgs on the weekend. All this shit on the boards freaks me right out going up higher.

The one thing I have noticed is that I am being more social and talkative. Was odd because I felt really buzzed or off and yet I just talked right thru it. The off feeling is not a good feeling.

Hows the sleeping Chi?

Hope I use the quote thing correctly. z
          I did not use the quote thing correctly Damn

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Took me a while to learn how to use things here as well Z. Start off just quoting i person, hit the "quote" button, and delete the bit's inside the quote you don't want, then go from there.

Chi, I hear you loud and clear on the hangovers - I was never scared of hangovers, they happened so infrequently. Now the thought of a hangover sends shivers down my spine!

Z, I reckon just ignore the shit going on. It's a couple of posters with strange agenda's that are stirring up shit for whatever reason. They aren't even on baclofen. You sound like you are doing well. Long may it continue!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Bleep, I just want to thank you. You make this journey not so lonely. Thank You. z

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hi z!

My sleep is better, thanks for asking It really seems to help taking the doses earlier in the day. Are you noticing any difference in your cravings yet?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

No reductions in cravings Chi and it's really pissing me off. I really wanted to make the switch at low dose because I am afraid of going higher, but looks like I will have to. I will really need support with this. I had it in my head that I would switch early but it is not happening so looks like I am on the scary journey.z

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

I'll definitely be here to support you z!

What mgs are you at now and how much are you drinking?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hello,

I am now taking 150 mg and feel that indifference is close. I can't even finish one beer. I was going to taper down a little due to feeling spacey sometimes at my very boring job. I thought about how long it took me to get here and that tapering down would just be prolonging things. It wasn't easy to get here, most things worth having are not easy. It was definitely worth it though. I have had 4 AF days in the past two weeks and many days with just a drink or less, that hasn't happened in over 3 years. The change in my life is incredible-my anxiety is at an all time low. I can't even begin to put it all into words right now.

As far as continuing to drink while you are on bac, I think it would make it hard for you to taper down. I don't plan on going completely AF, but it would probably be the best option if I want to eventually completely come off of Bac. I just can't see someone being able to moderate at a maintenance dose of 20mg like Sunny or even 60mg.

Zephra- don't pay attention to the nonsense on that thread. I just hope that it is not scaring new people that desperately need help. It would scare me away from the whole website, not just the meds section. The drama threads help no one and solve nothing-nothing good comes out of them ever.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Evey;1106885 wrote: ...

As far as continuing to drink while you are on bac, I think it would make it hard for you to taper down. I don't plan on going completely AF, but it would probably be the best option if I want to eventually completely come off of Bac. I just can't see someone being able to moderate at a maintenance dose of 20mg like Sunny or even 60mg.

You've hit the nail on the head there Evey. If AF is your goal, your maintenance dose will be much lower I think. Fantastic to hear that you are having such great results.

Z, no need to be scared of the higher doses. For me, it was just like the lower doses, only more pills had to be taken. Different SE's at each level, some weirder and harder to cope with, but then the next level would have different SE's, and not be as tricky.

I didn't have a reduction in craving as such. Certain levels had me drinking more, or less, than normal. Then, suddenly, cravings were gone. This is different to most people though, it must be said. They report a gradual decrease in cravings. I think it was the speed of my titration that caused this, there was no time for cravings to be reduced. It will come.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

I'm glad nobody responded just yet. All night I was thinking about what I wrote.

Don't get me wrong, baclofen can be a mindfuck, at any dose. What I was trying to say above is that a high dose doesn't necessarily mean more SE's, just different SE's.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hi Chi, thanks for the support. I am drinking about a bottle of red a night. Last night a bottle and a 1/2 of red. Did not have a hangover when I work up. I have extra stress right now and what do I do, get shit faced. Funny the week before I was only drink a 1/2 bottle. I am not going to stress about it, I have read on here lots of people going through the ups and downs of ale and then bam, no desire.

Hey Evey, good to see your almost at the switch at 150mgs. Will go back and read how long it took you.

Bleep, next time I will try to get the quote thing right with one quote. I think I erased the top part that you need to quote with. z

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

The thing to look out for is to make sure the [QUOTE] and [/QUOTE) are still there, and your text is between them. The last one should also be a square bracket, but it would have quoted the "and" if I had done it correctly.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Zephra;1106832 wrote: No reductions in cravings Chi and it's really pissing me off. I really wanted to make the switch at low dose because I am afraid of going higher, but looks like I will have to. z
                                :l and :H in that order. I can relate. But you know what? I kept forgetting that it's the results over the long term. Chi's experience has a lot to offer, just in terms of finding moderation for a while.
                                Make no mistake, though, there is NOTHING like indifference. Mostly because it's just nothing (at least for me!) It's just not caring about AL anymore.

Being scared is understandable, and I can relate to that too. But with forethought and planning and some amount of reasonableness I think this process is doable in a not so scary way. It's worth it, no matter what, im-not-so-humble-o.

Chi;1106860 wrote: I'll definitely be here to support you z!
                                Me, too.

Evey;1106885 wrote:
                                Hello,

I am now taking 150 mg and feel that indifference is close. I can't even finish one beer. I was going to taper down a little due to feeling spacey sometimes at my very boring job. I thought about how long it took me to get here and that tapering down would just be prolonging things. It wasn't easy to get here, most things worth having are not easy. It was definitely worth it though. I have had 4 AF days in the past two weeks and many days with just a drink or less, that hasn't happened in over 3 years. The change in my life is incredible-my anxiety is at an all time low. I can't even begin to put it all into words right now.
                                Woop-Diddie-Woop!!! (you go girl.) Up or down, whatever. Keep your eyes on the goal, though, Eve, and let that be your guide, okay?

Evey;1106885 wrote:
                                Who knows? Not me. Not some of the ones who went before me. One of the things most of us have in common, though, is that we all want to get off of bac as soon as possible. But the SEs and the difficulties and the mindf* of taking medication dissipated a good deal for me, and continues to as I continue the journey.

Isolde has made the point that it's fluid, not static, baclofen and sobriety and the rest... Moglor's experience makes that clear, too.

:l
                                Ne
                                Edit: Tiptronic abstains completely, and has since he found indifference. Yet he still takes bac (80mg/day I think?) every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X