Antabuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse?

I just came from my doc, (Canada) and he told me Antabuse is no longer in circulation here. Prescribed Revia instead.

Comment

Antabuse?

Antabuse is tricky, for me at least, it doesn't stay in your system real long...so if I knew I wanted to drink the weekend, I wouldn't take it after Thursday....it didn't work for me.

Comment

Antabuse?

Hey. i'm realy interested in how it has gone with you and antabuse. Any other side effects? Are you still on it? i'm afraid it might be the only way for me to be totally AF, which is what i want (and need).
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Antabuse?

Sorry that last message was posted to dasher before i realised there were 4 more pages of postings. Anyway, how are you dasher. how was rehab? and are you on antabuse and if so how is it going?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi 2 you all,
            i read all yrs posts about Antabuse and i learn a lot. Thanks 4 that.
            I am 33 yrs old, i have lovely wife and lovely son 2 yrs. Im alcoholic 2.
            So, i have portugeese version of Antabuse in my pocket, named ESPERAL. I didnt drink for 3 days.
            I just have 2 more questions:
            1. Is it the Antabuse supstance named DISULFIRAME?
            2. How long i have 2 take 500mg daily?
            Thank you ppl, be strong

Comment

Antabuse?

I just got the antabuse, (on line) and I am really afraid to take it... But I'm also afraid not to take it. Can you guys help me out with more experience on the subject. I read some horrible things on different websites, medical sites that some of the side effects are really scary. Thanks in advance

Comment

Antabuse?

I've also been researching it and know some people who take it. I have mostly heard positive things and am determined to try it. It has no major side effects and it is the only med that you just cannot drink on. period. Take it in the morning, no alcohol at night. Also, it supposedly stays in your system for 1-2 weeks, which means if you stop taking it you have a good while to reconsider your decision.

The person who posted about being able to stop for the weekend probably did not take a high enough dose, and maybe didn't start out with the double dose for a few days (to build it up in your system). Anyway, being careful about the ingredients in what you eat and in toiletries seems like a small inconvenience for what you get back-- no drinking, no changing your mind, no little conversations in your head.

btw, there is an interesting article in the research forum on this site about the different medications. Antabuse comes out badly but that's because people stop taking it. So, in the end, it's still up to you. You gotta take it if you want it to work.

Comment

Antabuse?

Thanks beatle, I'm going to give it a try. I will have to wait until Tuesday, because I drank a gigantic bottle of wine last night... How sad.:upset:

Comment

Antabuse?

p.s. can you use perfume or hair spray, I have to use hair spray.. I would frighten young children ... ha ha

Comment

Antabuse?

OK, this is just what I have found out from other sources, not having tried it (Antabuse)myself (so this is a disclaimer-- got it?):

Check if it has alcohol in it. If not, no problem. If it does, it still might be ok. Just try it at home first. If you have a reaction, it will not be major, and will probably go over in an hour. (Probably better to find a brand without alcohol, though.)

Comment

Antabuse?

Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much.

I guess the alcohol is ruining my liver anyway...

Comment

Antabuse?

del-
                          answer to question 1.
                          ANTABUSE? brand name
                          (Disulfiram, USP)
                          generic name

2. I don't take it
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Antabuse?

Hello ppl,

Here i am. Straight as a eyedrop. Thanks 4 support, beatle.

I still have Esperal (Antabuse) in my pocket, but i didnt swallow it. Gues i dont have to. Didnt drink NOTHING 5 days, and im tottaly OK. Feel good.

That psycho effect, that magic pil is there is still working. This forum helping me too.

Thats me after 5 days ppl.

Somebody got information about dasher?

c u ppl

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi there,

Well a while ago the gave me some ANTIBUSE and like most I was too scared to touch it,actually thats how i come across this site reasearching antibuse, anyway I put it in my top cuboard for when i was ready and nearlly 3 months later thats where its stayed I dont like the sound of the side affects if accidently eating or using something with alcohol in !!

On the other hand im sure who ever takes it would watch what they was doing and im most certain it would stop you drinking but each to their own

I hope I was any use Keepon

Comment

Antabuse?

I tried Antabuse...didn't work...first if all, all it does it make you SICK AS A DOG if you slip. It does not take away any cravings. You will be on your own. No help along the way. I wish you the best of luck, but it didn't work for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X