The shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shakes

Well it's better than getting picked up or worse.
    Long Road
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The shakes

Long Road;249861 wrote: Well it's better than getting picked up or worse.
      I know that, and that's why I'm still sitting here in my apartment.

Comment

The shakes

There must be a detox closer in West Mass. I mean this is Kennedy territory!
        Long Road
        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The shakes

Ring Teddy or Joan.
          Long Road
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The shakes

Did you manage the half an hour Pink?
            sigpicXXX

Comment

The shakes

Long Road;249867 wrote: There must be a detox closer in West Mass. I mean this is Kennedy territory!
              It's also Romney territory.

I seem to have two choices: Brattleboro Retreat or some place in Worcester (that I've heard is hellish in many a ways). Those are the two nearest ones that will take Medicare. Yes, I'm on Medicare. Ugh.

Comment

The shakes

I have no idea why it is, but whenever it starts to feel like someone is concerned about me, I feel the need to run. I'm feeling the need to run from this community, but I don't want you all to worry. (I'm not used to having people worry about me. So it has been that I don't worry about the fact that someone might be worrying about me. Not too long ago, someone told me she was really worried about me when I didn't show up or call. I don't want to put others in that situation. Yet I feel the need to run and hide. Perhaps post elsewhere. I'm not sure. I wonder what this need to run is all about.

Comment

The shakes

Hey Pink
                  I can relate - i HATE when people worry about me. I think it makes me feel deficient. I want to be able to handle everything on my own. Seriously, I can relate. I sometimes get enraged if say, my mother says she is worried. It drives me crazy!
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

The shakes

InnerStrength;249877 wrote: Hey Pink
                    I can relate - i HATE when people worry about me. I think it makes me feel deficient. I want to be able to handle everything on my own. Seriously, I can relate. I sometimes get enraged if say, my mother says she is worried. It drives me crazy!
                    Thank you for the response!

It's strange, I always want to feel so unique, but when I do feel unique (as in this case), I freak out. heh

My parents have NEVER worried about me--or at least they've never appeared to worry. So when someone worries about me it feels foreign and strange and completely uncomfortable.

Comment

The shakes

Hey Pink........If your still reading.........I would like to add my two cents.....that may be all its worth!:H

I've been around awhile but not spoken directly to you.
                      My name is Nancy and I live in the SE. I've been fighting this battle for two years and I can tell you that MWO has been a GODSEND. Please don't cut and run....althought I understand what you are feeling. I think maybe you're feeling like you have to "poop or get off the pot"? Are you feeling pressure to take a step...any step? We are here as long as you need us......please don"t drive while drinking....

And also I think your neighbor is not wanting to loose his drinking partner.
                      I understand your medicare statement as my hubby is almost there and I'm only a few years behind. It is so hard to figure out all the info they send.

Is the rehab in Mass that you are thinking is so bad?
                      Please be safe and keep in touch. We may not all post very much but we do all care.
                      :l Nancy "Belle"
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

The shakes

Pink - that totally makes sense. Completely. Dont feel alone. You're not.
                        J
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

The shakes

Parents

I presume your over 25, Pink? My parents still worry about me whilst I worry about them. Weird eh' (Canadian expression for those snowed in)
                          Long Road
                          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The shakes

Pink I am at a loss as to what to say here ......I am the opposite end of the scale to you, I am a born worrier, I get close to people then hurt like hell if I lose them. It has happened several times here, people ask for support, I give that support, I worry, they disappear, I hurt like hell and worry more. I stopped coming here for that reason a while ago but now I am back.

I am just explaining that so that you can understand why people worry so much.

Take care hon, we are here if you need us .........

BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

The shakes

Feeling the need to cut-and-run feels so very similar to the need to have another drink when I know full well I've already had enough (or more than enough) to drink. It's as though I should know better, but ....

And, yes, I'm over 25. I'm 45 (yet I feel my parents still control most every move I make ... ugh).

Comment

The shakes

Long Road;249888 wrote: I presume your over 25, Pink? My parents still worry about me whilst I worry about them. Weird eh' (Canadian expression for those snowed in)
                                David, exactly the same here ...... we just cant help it .......

BB xx
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X