Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Want to Pick a Stop Date with Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that what the "fireworks" thread is all about here? i've never quite figured that out. help us Hart, you are our guide as a senior member!
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

How about TGFMF - Thank God For Monday Friends, or something like that?

Comment

dexterhead;265904 wrote: is that what the "fireworks" thread is all about here? i've never quite figured that out. help us Hart, you are our guide as a senior member!
        What fireworks? Duh........

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

hi guys: i feel HORRID right now. yes, you can guess, I am drinking . ugghh.. so happy to have some hope and some help to stop this crap tomorrow. !
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I'm drinking too...........even though I don't feel l ike it. Stupid huh?

I still love your cat!

Comment

Hi Noelle and Dexterhead and Louise and Hart and Keeta and Carjobe!

I suspect most of you guys are still sleeping as I write. I just wanted to wish you well as you start out today, I can feel your excitement and trepidation, and I will check in from time to time to see how you are getting on.

Just remember, you are never going to regret this decision to go AF, whether it's for a day, a week, a month, forever. You are never going to regret going AF, even if you experience glitches along the way.Should you stumble and fall, cry a litle if you must, then get up like you did as a child and run right on!

Be organised. Have a plan. Have strategies in place that will support you. Give yourself whatever help you need along the way. Congratulate yourself for telling everybody here at MWO that this is what you want. Praise yourself for making this decision until you start feeling really good, and I promise you that will be soon!

I started AF last Monday, I really took care of myself this weekend, ate well, rested, and today I feel 10 years younger! (At 55, that is no bad thing!! grin) You start to heal quite soon after you stop, but do be prepared to feel grotty/tired etc for a few days and everyone seems to agree that Day 3 is dicey, so come here if you feel tempted to drink, there is always someone around to talk to, and you will not meet a better bunch of people than those here at MWO.

You can do this. Trust me, if I can, you can.
              And as they say on the ad, do this...... because you're worth it!

Off to spend money that I have saved from not drinking-having my hair done in a central London salon-brave or what!

:h Anna:h
              IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
              Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

ps I too have a cat that thinks she is a dog! Maybe it's because she stays indoors?

love that avatar Dexter!

x
                IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
                Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

morning all.

Londoner, congrats on your AF time, and thank you for your encouragement.

Well, like dex, and noelle, I drank last evening also...super bowl and all (like I really NEED an excuse...sheesh)

I am nervous about today yet hopeful. Since attempting AF since Jan 1, day three has always been my pit fall. I will REALLY need you guys then....and I want to be here for you all when ever you need me.

hart and dex, noelle, and all others committed to making it AF today...we CAN do this...together, lets support, encourage, ass kick, as needed!!!!!!!!

love and hugs,
                  K
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Noelle, great start!

Noelle,
                    I am excited for you - it sounds like you are very motivated. I just recently ordered the MWO book and supplements, I hope to join you this week and wish you great success!!

Comment

I'd like to join you. I have been on a downward spiral lately and it must come to an end. I have difficulties doing this on my own. I always feel inspired after reading all the posts. So, day one. What I hope to be my last day one.

Comment

I first replied to this post on Friday night, when I was feeling absolutely awful and dreading the day ahead. The day dawned pretty much as I thought it would and I decided right there and then that I couldn't wait until Monday. So I started Saturday...and today is day 3 AF. I'm feeling good -- not super great yet, but I know that's just around the corner. Hang in there, my friends...we're on a good path, muddled as it may seem from time to time.

Peace.
                        ~K.

Comment

Noelle, Dexterhead, Kirovana, Keeta, Carjobe, Hart, Bjor88ste and Shelbysmiles – Hope everyone had a good day, is enjoying their cd’s and drinking their tea or juice or water. I'm going to have cocoa because it is snowing. Thanks for words of encouragement Londoner and congrats on your 7 days af. Good job getting started right away Kirovana! We till didn’t pick a name????

Comment

The computer I'm on is really fighting with me....made it through Day 1.....will be back later....Congrats to everyone who made it through Day 1 and if you didn't, maybe make today Day 1?

Comment

Louise, Noelle, Dexterhead, Kirova, Keeta, Carjobe, Hart, Shelbysmiles,
                              Congrats to the ones making the first (and second)day!!
                              I am still waiting for things (supplements etc.), but got the book, read it in one day, and am sooo motivated, thanks to you all being out there.
                              S

Comment

I'm nervous about tomorrow. I've always heard the third day is bit harder. Haven't started the CDs yet because I'm looking for my headphones.

I'm still not feeling motivated to do *anything.* I'm not expecting great strides in two days, so hopefully I'll wake up earlier tomorrow. I went to be around 11pm Monday night and still slept late today. Oh well, tomorrow will be what it'll be. And I'm still gonna quit! So there!

How is everyone else holding up?

Comment

Working...
                                X