Clear All

I slipped.

Amashed nice to see you back ........

Look after yourself OK ....:l
    sigpicXXX

Comment

I slipped.

Amashed,
      hang in there! Take the meds, and try not to drink. Drinking will not solve anything. Get some water...live through the rough times. You had a good period of A/F go back there. you have lots of friends here who will pull you through...reach out, amashed, reach out. We are here.
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I slipped.

Hey Amashed,
        I am really glad you called your Dr. Now that you got your hair of the dog to ward off the shakes or whatever you're afraid may happen, quit your drinking for today. Have lots of water instead and eat something substantial if you can handle it. I agree w/Suzanna to lay off the caffeine and if you think you're gonna pass out try downing a sugar packet or drink something sugary. One other suggestion: Tomorrow on your lunch hour or after work go to a gym near you w/ a steamroom they usually have a day rate for about $30 or something, it's extravagant but it's probably worth it compared to all the money you spend on booze. You'll really feel a hell of a lot better after that, then stick w/ whatever your doc suggests. I haven't had a drink in 2 days and already feel better than I thought I could. I know the whole routine w/tapering off and whatnot and I feel for you. Just get through the rest of this day without it.

Comment

I slipped.

hello!

can't you feel the love! its everywhere...:l

Comment

I slipped.

I;m on my last drink, then on librirum - i'm scared guys! but i wanna go this

Comment

I slipped.

Good Luck, I will be thinking about you ............
              sigpicXXX

Comment

I slipped.

You can do this.........! TRUST ME! Lots of fluids (water) and try to get some food into you. It will be a bit rough, but so many of us have been there, and are still alive to talk about it. Just let it ride. Take the librium the first moment you can. If you feel completely awful and think you may need medical assistance - please get it. :l

Comment

I slipped.

its okay..

i am drinking water right now. i can remember when i had to stop what it was like. unfortunately where i went they do not give narcotics ... you get the wait awhile pills...so i had to suffer it out. sorry, i was abrasive on you, thats how i am treated therefore we act like we are treated. i am strong enough to say wot is correct. hope you save you and come back and have fun with us. take care..:l

Comment

I slipped.

The librium will help a lot.

Comment

I slipped.

I just thought of something. If you've been drinking today I hope your Dr spoke to you about how long you have to wait to take the librium. I know when I went to detox it was quite awhile till BAC came down enough to take it. Just don't want to see you get yourself in trouble with it.

Comment

I slipped.

Amashed i'm new here and still drinking ............

I know how you feel .............

Hope that we can get better together ..............

PP

Comment

I slipped.

Hello Amashed,
                          Glad to see you have much support here, count me among them. I was in the place you were in 11 days ago. I was consuming 40 to 50 ounces of rum, daily, knowing I was destroying myself, not eating, the whole bit. I had been praying for a miracle and it came in the way of my sister, girlfriend a minister, a friend and an uncle. They had a intervention surprise for me and were going to take me to detox. I refused to go that day, but said if I did drink again after that day I would go. After they all left I got right at it with both hands and the next morning I was blesssed with the worst hangover I have ever had, the shakes, the sweats, nausea, you name it. Today is the first day I have actually felt better.

I know for me I have one thing in life I can't handle... alcohol. There is no grey area with me, 100% one way or the other. Sounds like you could be something like that too.

Please don't let me sound like someone who has alcohol beat, 11 days is only a start, but a start it is. If you would like some more inspiration go to Youtube and hear punch in Craig Ferguson titled "Speaks from the heart" I found that very inspiring. Good luck and God Bless ~ Michael

Comment

I slipped.

Amashed,

Hope you are doing o.k.....

Check in with us when you get a chance.....we all want to know when you stopped drinking and when you started the librium...

I know it's scary, but it's like jumping off a high dive.....you just have to do it. We're all here for you and can help you through the tough spots....it's what we do.

You can do it...

Don

Comment

I slipped.

All,

I have seen this posted before on this website. Here is the link:

[ame= ]YouTube - Ferguson Speaks From The Heart[/ame]

A warning: Craig Ferguson is a proponent of AA and that is what this is about.

If you don't like AA, then don't view.

I was impressed with how he talked about using sensitvity to people in trouble.

I also apply his words to MWO. It is so nice to be among other people who have the same problem and who care. :l:l

Please know I care and am grateful for those here who have helped me.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I slipped.

Morning all,

There?s nothing like alcohol insomnia is there? I just poured a full glass of wine down the sink, feel shakey and rubbish but drinking water and thinking about taking the first of the Librium.

I Really despise myself at the moment, letting this happen again is tragic. I still have a half a bottle of vodka (just in case!) I really thought I was over this in September but I slipped eh?

Feel like crying right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X