Really struggling right now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Cindi, I was given tramadol when I broke my leg and was told they were addictive and that I shouldnt take them for very long. They were excellent though but I could see how they could become addictive.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hmmm, I guess you're right about the vicodin. I can't seem to find any, either. I think I was thinking of valium. I sure do hope you get some help and the TENS does something for your pain.
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Oh, I had to giggle manically at the last post, almost to the point of hysteria .

Doctors ..... do ..... not, ..... will ..... not, .... prescribe ANYTHING for me!

Hence the problem .... I don't care what pain relief it is, if a doctor needs to write a prescription, I ain't gonna get it.

Thanks for the support. I have a strong belief that my struggle with alcohol will just vanish in a puff of smoke once the chronic pain thing gets handled. It's just so hard.

I had my moments struggling today - as I mentioned, I had to go to the Farmer's Market with my BF, and it was REALLY PAINFUL. I was feeling light headed, people kept bumping into me, getting between me and my cane - I can't tell you how many times I fell down due to completely oblivious people. Children, I can understand, but adults?????? Gosh almighty, why the heck is it so important to get in between a woman and her cane???

My BF has been in a flurry of activity, we had people over early to do a quick house repair, and it's been crazy. My BF was out for about an hour (just returned as I was typing this), which helped IMMENSELY as I was able to have QUIET in the house ... but I just started getting it together about 20 minutes ago, which means I was about ready to do some things to really help address the pain, but he's back now and that's done. And I just want to cry right now because I just feel like I can't handle any more stress!!!!!

That's one reason in the past I've had a drink - if I can't relax naturally, then I do it artifically - cuz right now I feel like I'm about to have an emotional breakdown ... which I didn't feel when I started this post because I could relax!!

Anyway ... besides that struggle (weekends are always harder, he's all hustle and bustle at random times through the house, during the week it's still there, but much less so as he's in his office a lot), I've been able to do some things to help reduce the pain.

The thing I'm struggling with today is I want to relax so desperately I want to sob hysterically for it - and what I need to do is hold tension in my body so I don't go bonkers - and I can't manage to pull the tension around my body, and I really don't want to, and I just want to rest, alone in the dark and the quiet so I can get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's best if I can get up about 5 am so I have hours to myself to "get it together" and do things that naturally bring ease and comfort - but with it taking hours to get to sleep, and with waking during the night, not sleeping well, and it being so cold and dark at 5 am, I can't quite bring myself to get up. If anything, I want to sleep another 8 hours.

Well, more I want to say, but BF is here, BF is hustling and bustling about, I can't think, so I better go.

Comment

Hi Trillian

So are you saying that you would only need a few pain pills a month to get through this?
          How much were you drinking before you stopped?

It sounds like you are in a very bad situation. Do you have any family members who could help? Can you get on the insurance of a family member? And is there a friend or family member with a house you could go to during the day?

I bet this is all pretty hard on your relationship and it sounds like he is your main source of support. It must be a lot for him to shoulder.

You need to have health insurance. I guess he doesn't have insurance? Is it out of the question to get it?

Comment

TT,
            You've said you tried docs but to no avail. I know I've "dumped" several different doctors because I either didn't trust them or thought they were full of crap. Sometimes it takes attempts at finding the right doc for your needs and whom you know you can trust and who understands you. I hope you find some peace of mind and physical peace soon. The supps recommended in MWO have helped me - GABA, True Calm. Doesn't hurt to try. Take care.

j-vo
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
            X