• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today

I visted my sister

and i realised i could've stopped what happened to her

and i realised I lost my best friend when she went away

and I realised that deep down I have no clue how to cope with anything anymore

I'm sorry
    The way I change the past is by not repeating it
    -James Hetfield, Metallica

Today

Tg are u drinking? If u r that is probably why u r feeling helpless.
    You have been doing so well and u will again. U can't change the past but u can create a good future.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Today

I'm drinking -because- i didn't know what to do, I just had to block every last second of what happened out, everything from today, everything I ever heard of what he did to her... jesus man. jesus.

Comment

Today

Tg I am notsure what happened but I am sure that u cannot blame yourself.
        It sounds like u need some help to deal with what has happened?
        Firstly tho please stop drinking, that is making u feel even worse and more helpless
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Today

I'm ready to give a run down on what happened for anybody who doesn't know:

today I went to a family therapy session to talk with my sister and her therapist about things we can do as a family to make it easier for her when she's released from a psychiatric unit. The reason she's there... the reason she is there is because somebody I trusted... who I thought was my friend he (and this is the part thats so hard to say) he raped her. my friend raped my sister. and there's nothng I can do to change that.

So now I'm left here, being selfish because all I'm thinking about is how much this hurting me, and how much I'd just like to drink and drink and smoke and self harm until it's all gone away.

Comment

Today

That Girl,

I am very sorry for your pain...

Tiny
            Tiny

Comment

Today

i know the feeling oh too well .. big hugs to you things will get better soon ..
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Today

Hi That Girl

I admire you for the journey you have been taking here at MWO. This is a difficult circumstance you find yourself in right now. Your sister has a therapist but you do not. You need to find someone close to where you live that can give you some professional help with your feelings and emotions.

Please take care of yourself right now. That is the very best thing you can do to help your sister. It will not help your sister to find out you have harmed yourself over feeling guilty about her.

You have a lot to deal with, but it is not more than you can handle because you are a very strong and sensible young woman. See if you can get some water down and get some rest and look at all this in a better light when you sober up.
                vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Today

haha, well actually i may do just the opposite n get a little more drunk, I'm trying to decide haha

Comment

Today

That girl

How in the world will you getting drunk and high help your sis? You are too young to throw your life away like this and your sister would not be happy to see you do this.

It may seem like the answer now but it will not help (probably harm) tomorrow and the days to come.

Come on That Girl.....hold the elders hands and step out of the muck! You are able to ....I have seen that in your prior posts!
                    :l
                    Finally Free

Comment

Today

TG...girl what you are dealing with is hard to understand. It is not your fault. Know that. You didnt know. Once you are done punishing yourself..i think getting a therapist might help.

Comment

Today

:lTG

We started on here at the same time and you have done so well. I wish I had had the strength to tackle my drinking prob at your age. I would have saved myself alot of grief if I had. Don't blow it now.

I can only say that your sister is going to need you to be strong when she comes out. Today has obviously been very upsetting but you being in a drunk mess is going to make things worse. There is not a problem in the world that alcohol can't make worse. What happened to your sister is terrrible. But the man who did it is responsible for his own actions. You are not responsible for it so stop feeling guilty and focus on what you are going to do to help your sister. Why not make a plan or list of all the ways you can support her, it might make you feel less helpless?
                        If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Today

TG, I'm so sorry to see you burdened with with such guilt and pain. It's time to find something besides salt to rub on th wound. You may not know what just yet, but at least put the salt away. :l
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Today

TG, how are you doing today?
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Today

TG I'm sad to hear about your circumstances. You already know that drinking won't help the situation for your sister or for you. I hope you are feeling better today and I hope you will consider what others have also suggested about maybe seeing a therapist yourself. This is a very heavy subject you are dealing with and you shouldn't hesitate to ask for help.

This is not your fault. Drinking won't help anything.

:l

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X