I'm desperate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm desperate!

also an update from me as i said citalopram did not seem to work for me. i am now over a month AF and i feel so much better. now i dont know if this is due to not feeling crap from AL or if this is now letting the citalopram do its job. i was anxious and depressed before i started drinking, so maybe the citalopram is helping. maybe its just the joy of being newly sober. i dont know, but for me not drinking has definately helped my peace of mind
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

I'm desperate!

Spuddle,
      I am in a similar place. I have been on citalopram for years and did it work? Who knows? I was drunk! Now after a few months of sobriety I'm feeling okay, good days and some not so good but manageable. I'm thinking about going off the citalopram, gradually of course. I'm thinking my depression and anxiety were alcohol induced. Any thoughts? Do you take supplements?

Comment

I'm desperate!

jessie;833826 wrote: Hi Virgil, someone introduced me to EFT ( Emotional Freedom Technique) I am going to try it for anxiety, if nothing else it focuses the mind on something else. ust google EFT.
        I hope it helps somewhat.
        jessie,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of EFT and have given it a try. I have great difficulty 'buying into it' but it would appear to benefit some people. If all else fails, I may return to EFT. I hope it works for you - please keep me updated, if that's OK.

V.
        "Love's the only engine of survival"

Leonard Cohen

Comment

I'm desperate!

spuddleduck;833846 wrote: also an update from me as i said citalopram did not seem to work for me. i am now over a month AF and i feel so much better. now i dont know if this is due to not feeling crap from AL or if this is now letting the citalopram do its job. i was anxious and depressed before i started drinking, so maybe the citalopram is helping. maybe its just the joy of being newly sober. i dont know, but for me not drinking has definately helped my peace of mind
          spuddleduck,

Thanks for the update.

I fully understand the difficulty deciding whether the alcohol was to blame or the Citalopram doing its job. However, the fact is that you now feel so much better and that's what matters.

V.
          "Love's the only engine of survival"

Leonard Cohen

Comment

Working...
          X