Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these ealy symptoms of liver disease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normann;1498257 wrote: I actually want to stop drinking because I don't want to start whiskey and things like that again, because wine seems not to get me high anymore. I have produced great tolerence again... And that's the problem, I don't want to start drinking whiskey again because the result will be to drink all day again or having withdrawal symptoms (I had them too many times before). So, instead of that, I prefer a drug that gets you high without getting you sleepy (I have the other pills for sleep).

Are you sure baclofen can get you worried? As I read is good for alcoholics with withdrawal symptoms. One of the withdrawal symptoms is being worried and anxious. So how can a drug that has such side effects be good for alcoholics with withdrawal symptoms?
    No that's not what I meant baclofen doesn't have the side effect of anxiety, but the physical side effects it does have could make you worried for your health and it definitely does make you sleepy. If there were a drug that made people high without side effects I think we'd all be on it! The only drugs I know of that have the effect you are looking for are illegal (E and GHB). Looking for a drug to replace alcohol isn't a very good thing and could end you up with other problems in the long term.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Ukblonde;1498279 wrote: No that's not what I meant baclofen doesn't have the side effect of anxiety, but the physical side effects it does have could make you worried for your health and it definitely does make you sleepy. If there were a drug that made people high without side effects I think we'd all be on it! The only drugs I know of that have the effect you are looking for are illegal (E and GHB). Looking for a drug to replace alcohol isn't a very good thing and could end you up with other problems in the long term.
      But I don't want to stop alcohol. I started exercising and feel I can do the same things I was doing before I start alcohol. It doesn't seem to me that I have a health problem or else it would effect the way my endurance and kickboxing skills are improving. I exercise for four days and now I already feel I can be what I was before (doing acrobatics and things like that). So, I know I don't have a disease. The problem is that I want to stop drinking wine because it doesn't get me high anymore and I'll have to start drinking bottles of whiskey again. I don't want that. I have tried weed too (that's what kept me without alcohol for 12 days, but it gives me only panic attacks now). Anyway, I don't want to "think normally"... I want to feel euphoria. Rameron does a great job in low doses without getting you sleepy, but it's not enough. I will try baclofen...

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1498315 wrote: Wrong drug, Normann. And wrong forum. And your anatomy is way off, too.

Baclofen won't get you high. It may stop you from wanting to get high. Though that's pretty unlikely. And if you take too much of it, you'll end up really sick.

My Way Out is a place where people are trying to stop abusing substances (and their bodies) and get sober.

The liver, spleen and kidneys aren't located anywhere near where you're experiencing pain. If your doctor is doing blood tests and monitoring your health, it's very likely you're just fine. Although it sounds like you are seriously messed up and ought to keep seeing your psychiatrist.

Good luck.
        He doesn't do any blood tests. He pressures my ribs (beside the diaphragm and below the right ribcage) to make sure my liver has normal size. Fatty liver disease can't get your liver change size. If it does, only then it is serious. Anyway, that's what my psychiatrist does before he writes any prescriptions. And I'm pretty sure I can ask him to prescribe me anything that is legal since I pay him... What I want is a legal drug that produces euphoria. What's wrong with that? Do you know anyone who drinks alcohol without wanting the euphroric effects? What is your answer? "You want euphoria so just start drinking whiskey everyday"?

Comment

Why anyone would ask a medical question here instead of googling for info is a mystery to me.

Comment

this is the weirdest thread ive read in a loooong time
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Norman, towards the end I think you'll find that none of us felt anything like euphoria when we drank. We drank out of habit. We drank because we were trying to keep withdrawal at bay. We drank to escape pain or anxiety. We really didn't drink to get a buzz.

The folks on this forum want to face life sober. We're not looking to swap out alcohol for something else. And I agree - Google is where you want to be unless you're ready to get sober.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

My heart would race also. My doctor told me it was a symptom of withdrawal. I also had pancreatitis because I drank so much, a major symptom of which is pain where you are describing it. For me now, the constant monitoring of my blood levels is what is helping to keep me sober. By all means you need to stop, I ended up in Intensive Care because of pancreatitis, a very serious condition for sure. Please take care of yourself, your body is telling you it can't handle it.

Lizann

Comment

Valium stays in your system for a long time and it can cause depression.
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Normann;1498358 wrote: He doesn't do any blood tests. He pressures my ribs (beside the diaphragm and below the right ribcage) to make sure my liver has normal size. Fatty liver disease can't get your liver change size. If it does, only then it is serious. Anyway, that's what my psychiatrist does before he writes any prescriptions. And I'm pretty sure I can ask him to prescribe me anything that is legal since I pay him... What I want is a legal drug that produces euphoria. What's wrong with that? Do you know anyone who drinks alcohol without wanting the euphroric effects? What is your answer? "You want euphoria so just start drinking whiskey everyday"?
                    This isn't a forum for people seeking to take or find a drug, it's a forum for people who want to stop drinking alcohol because it's causing them problems.

Doctors are not there to 'find' and prescribe drugs for your own enjoyment. If you want euphoria learn to live with yourself and seek your highs through life.
                    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Normann;1498301 wrote: But I don't want to stop alcohol. I started exercising and feel I can do the same things I was doing before I start alcohol. It doesn't seem to me that I have a health problem or else it would effect the way my endurance and kickboxing skills are improving. I exercise for four days and now I already feel I can be what I was before (doing acrobatics and things like that). So, I know I don't have a disease. The problem is that I want to stop drinking wine because it doesn't get me high anymore and I'll have to start drinking bottles of whiskey again. I don't want that. I have tried weed too (that's what kept me without alcohol for 12 days, but it gives me only panic attacks now). Anyway, I don't want to "think normally"... I want to feel euphoria. Rameron does a great job in low doses without getting you sleepy, but it's not enough. I will try baclofen...
                      I don't understand why anyone involved in athletic pursuits would want to impair their performance by being high. Kickboxing or performing acrobatics while high sounds like a "Darwin Award" just waiting to happen.
                      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Surreal.

Norman, I think this is the forum you are after: Bluelight - The Front Page

Comment

WOW

Hey Normann- A pill for euphoria??? HAHAHAHA-let us know when you find it.

Fatty liver is not something to be ignored. You might want to do some research and find out why liver tissue becomes "fatty" as well as the critical functions of the liver. Since you only have one I'd be careful with it.

Gamma GT was mentioned, and this along with AST and ALT levels would be good to know. BUT rest assured that drinking manifests bad consequences in lots of ways.

And drugs? What happened to the concept of a natural high? Sounds like you are not content with the "normal" state of things. I've been there and I"m not judging. You are young and it seems a shame that you feel this way.

Comment

One more thing

I would strongly suggest you check out the documentary Rain in my Heart. And watch all of it. Maybe you will relate to 29 year old Mark. And maybe you'll see that you do not want to go there

Comment

Alky;1498749 wrote: I don't understand why anyone involved in athletic pursuits would want to impair their performance by being high. Kickboxing or performing acrobatics while high sounds like a "Darwin Award" just waiting to happen.
                              Well, I will tell you a story. About four months ago there was a guy in my age who was very muscular and strong. He almost humiliated me in bradefer, although he admitted I was the strongest he faced in this age. Once, he was bragging about performing "Boyka's roundhouse kick" (Undisputed 2 and 3, mixed martial arts movies). I told him I can do it too, but I didn't want to brag about it and everyone insisted to make a demonstration... Well, the result was that he was really humiliated, because I performed one very high roundhouse kick and three jumping roundhouse kicks in a row... I told him I was interested in moshing instead of kickboxing just to make sure he won't feel that bad... He still felt bad, that's why I challenged him to a bradefer competition afterwards... I did all these things while being drunk...

I don't think alcohol affects me as it should... At first the first stages of being drunk were really enjoyable by me. It made me speak and act very fast like a stimulant. Now I have these fast heart beats that can't get me that feeling unless I start getting really drunk (meaning, drink one bottle of pink wine). Then the fast heartbeat goes away... Until I finish the second bottle of pink wine I'm thinking and acting quickly, just like I used to...

Comment

I took two valiums (10mg each) at the afternoon and started drinking at night. Result? No tachycardia, strong hard beats and things like that. Instead, alcohol worked normally as a stimulant in the beginning, making me thinking and writing quickly and made me sleep normally afterwards. For a long time I haven't felt this feeling because of the racing heart and the strong heart beats I had while starting drinking. Does valium fix heart disorders or this means it was just anxienty?

Comment

Working...
                                X