• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So lost

What's happening Tidegirl?
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm not sure I can make it through. I just found out my favorite aunt died. I just want to disappear.

Comment

I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt Tidegirl, I just lost my baby brother and I know for a fact they wouldn't want us drinking! Hang in there(I hate when people say that!) But try,keep posting, we're here for you

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

TG--

Is there someone you can call who can be with you physically? Or a friend, relative or hotline of some sort so you can talk to someone in person? This forum moves slow and sometimes people don't respond in real time.

I hope it all worked out with your son's friends.

Pav

Comment

They are gone now. But my husband thinks I should take him to baseball -- I'm afraid to drive. I've asked my friend Paula to come but my husband does not like her and if he found out she was here he'd lose it.

Comment

Hi Tidegirl, I've just read back on your thread. So sorry to hear about your aunt. I agree with the others, we do understand, and you are very brave to be here and try to change your life.

Just curious, why are you afraid to drive? Due to withdrawals/anxiety? Or AL? Can your son get a ride with another baseball parent? I've learned sometimes I just need to take care of myself and not go to every game/activity. Its ok.

Take care of yourself - AG

Comment

Withdrawals -- my husband is going to take him but he is pissed. I just don't want to take a chance with my child. I've lost like 10 lbs in 4 days.

Comment

TG, So very sorry in the loss of your Aunt! Sorry your feeling so poorly! Try and write this down, or take a video of yourself in hopes of remembering how ill you feel, how you don't feel safe to drive your son, how your hubs is pizzed. Can you eat something small, ie yogurt, soup, crackers. Drink water, or 7-up.

Think your in contact with your Dr and may have a therapy appt soon. Can you hold on to hope, with your faith in God? Hope in seeing others lives restored. Prayers continue. :hug:

Comment

I need help from people who have withdrawn. I've never had a seizure but I don't know how to play this. I can't go to the dr-- my son is here and I'm masking well. Has anyone ever masked? How have you come through it? I need reassurance and love-- im sorry I'm so needy

Comment

Originally posted by Tidegirl View Post
                      I need help from people who have withdrawn. I've never had a seizure but I don't know how to play this. I can't go to the dr-- my son is here and I'm masking well. Has anyone ever masked? How have you come through it? I need reassurance and love-- im sorry I'm so needy
                      Hi TG.

Lot's of love and good thoughts to you from down here in Oz. Withdrawal from booze is usually around 3 days before you usually begin to feel better. How many hours ago was your last drink? have you taken or are you taking any other drugs/pills meds that are mixing with the AL in your body? If you are worried about seizures, get to the emergency dept. of a hospital, or to somewhere there's a nurse or doc. Can you dial a nurse or doc for a home visit?

Maybe you can meet your friend away from home if hubs doesn't like her? Any face to face support will be a good thing during withdrawal if available to you. Drink water, rest and try to distract your mind with a movie and/or a phone call to someone. Maybe a long bath to relax? As Pav mentioned, is there a drug and alcohol phone support line you can ring for a chat?

Keep us posted friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Tidegirl, if it starts feeling too overwhelming you need to get to the docs,better to be safe than sorry hon,they'll more than likely give you a benzo to help you withdraw safely
                        Last edited by paulywogg; June 1, 2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks Pauley. I'm trying really hard but am just not cutting it. I feel like hell. Nothing is working to help. I'm so dizzy-- it could be lack of food. My husband and son went to eat breakfast -- I can't recall when I last ate.

Comment

Try some cup o noodles if you have any around or ramen,that seems to be the only thing I can keep down in withdrawal+the salt helps,how long since your last drink?

Comment

It's been about 8 hours.

Comment

Hi Tidegirl, I like G and pauly's advice, it sounds like its time to call or see someone in person. You can only mask so much. Better to be safe and it may be the jump start you need.

I hope you have a better day today. :hug:

Comment

Working...
                                X