Is anyone available to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is anyone available to help?

Yes-- it's happening. And I guess it's warranted. He called me a despicable piece of shit and I guess I am. I've asked several people if I can stay with them but none will respond

Comment

[MENTION=23314]Tidegirl[/MENTION] - where are you now? Still in London? You have kids that are with you?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm in London with my husband ( for now) and one child. If I could kill myself I would

Comment

Where is your husband and child now?

How long until you go home?
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

They are with me in London. My husband is over everything I put him through. We are getting on a plane for Dublin in 5 hours and honestly I don't know if I can walk.

Comment

Are you still drinking?
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

No. But I really am withdrawing. And we are to get on a plane in an hour and a half. I told my husband I needed the hospital and he said tough. I have never felt this bad. God help me

Comment

Tidegirl - call a doctor and get the valium that was recommended. Stop trying to fix this yourself.
                  Why your husband thinks a holiday is a good idea I don't know.
                  He expects you to get clean coming here to Dublin - every second building is a pub for feck's sake.

You will just have to taper until you get home and get to rehab.
                  Same thing happened to me when I was trying to get sober -mega holiday to Australia - impossible.

Comment

People who are not physically addicted do not understand this at all. AWS is hardcore especially on a plane that takes hours. You're on day 3? I don't mean to scare you at all. I've been through the not being able to walk at all and that is freaky. It's upsetting your husband wont try to help you. Being at home for detox is often best with the right mix of diazepam (valium) and gravol (dimenhydrinate). Which you should use on the plane and is over the counter as a quick fix though temporary. The Valium might be a problem in customs and its only prescribed, so cost to get to a hospital and time and losing your loved ones in the process; WOW. Dimenhydrinate will keep you stable for your flight.

Do you want to stay in London? None of your friends are responding because of your behaviour or because your husband has bad mouthed you for months? Maybe some months in a rehab may clear things up. For me it was the opposite but at the same time extremely helpful and a place to sleep and stay and learn.

Dispicable piece of shit .... really. You are experiencing psychological abuse. I went through it for many years. Even when drunk I never told my wife she was fat or anything wrong other than that she was judgemental and didnt understand. Maybe this is an unhealthy relationship you should not be in. Thats hard to hear.

I will pray for you again.
                    Last edited by empyr3al; July 29, 2017, 06:57 AM.
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

You are not a piece of shit; you are being held captive by a legal substance called alcohol. You are not a piece of shit. Think about what is positive about yourself instead of what others say.
                      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Damn looking at the time time lines you have already left already. I wish you a happy and healthy future and a safe trip. Here it takes a year to get divorced.

Comment

I'm in Dublan now and thank God made it through the fight. I need to go the hospital -- I am tapering now just to try not to throw up. Thank all of you for listening. I told my husband that he second we get home I'm going to rehab. You all right-/ can't do it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidegirl View Post
                            I'm in Dublan now and thank God made it through the fight. I need to go the hospital -- I am tapering now just to try not to throw up. Thank all of you for listening. I told my husband that he second we get home I'm going to rehab. You all right-/ can't do it alone.
                            Welcome to Dublin Tidegirl -
                            Find a doctor and get something that's not alcohol to get you through if needed.
                            Take care and I hope you can enjoy the holiday now.
                            Let your husband know you need his support .......
                            Last edited by satz123; July 29, 2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Throwing up and the dry heaves and then then acid that comes out causes breathing problems. Yes hospital, thank god you are doing that. Taper what you need, its not easy at all. I am in an effort to try to do it alone (with meds) and have had success and failures. But rehab won't teach me anything I do not already know as I've been to 3 different types. Pick one that is right for you. AA, CBT, day treatment. Whatever makes your family work. Thank god your husband didn't abandon you.

Comment

He saw how I was this morning-- how bad I looked and I think it scared him. I was dry heaving on the plane and fell in the hall here. I still feel like crap but at least I can walk. When I get home Monday he's taking me straight to the hospital. I had to tell my boy that I need "medical help". I think he's a little young to know all.

Comment

Working...
                                X