Is anyone available to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is anyone available to help?

TG - I am so glad that you are getting medical help. I agree with Satz to find medical help now though to help you thru the next couple of days. :hug:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

This is not a crime, so take care of yourself. Thinking of you Tide
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Tomorrow can't come soon enough-- I just hope all will be ok on the plane. I need a shower bad now. Still feeling pretty crappy

Comment

This sweating is hardcore! It's the thing I hate most about stopping drinking. At least I can walk today though moving slow and not pooping very 5 minutes thank goodness. Lack of sleep and I'm sure that will continue. At least it's cool here and we will be going home soon. I noticed the last 2 weeks I have really put on the weight. I hope going off the sauce will help that

Comment

Interesting, I found that what you had mentioned as not eating and then gaining weight... Could just be a couple things but I don't want to frighten you with technicalities. So Mirtazapine is out of the question if you are gaining unwanted weight. It definately assists you in eating right away but at all the wrong times and works as an anti depressant which is important after the come down.

The sweats I have surprisingly managed not to have this last time which is unusual in comparison to other times after a binge. Maybe its what I am using. Omeprazole is a PPI (Protein pump inhibitor) and can stop the dry heaving as there is less acid in your stomach. I find the puking the hardest part and not the sweats as the diaphram gets hurt. Your stomach can actually move up above the diaphram and cause some crazy stuff as organs then move as your diaphram clenches. I have a cold room in case I get nausea and need to lay down. As you likely know keep a bucket close if things go haywire. In terms of drinking water, I mentioned before, freezies but sometimes cold things sometime agitate the stomach. I used them more because of acid reflux burning my throat, so it was to stop the insanely thick spit from allergies and dehydration. The stuff is like better than glue that comes out. Alcohol rips that all apart so you do not gag which is the odd conundrum about having a hard drink in the morning. Room temperature water is generally best, so fill a bowl with water and let it come to temperature. You know those squirt bottles of flavor to add to your water? Well I found straight tap water very hard to handle initially, so the squirts did something. I found the puking more was because of nasal drip and trying to clear my lungs so I would gag. Acid reflux and the way you sleep causes chemical pneumonia, so thats hard to deal with. Again the PPI omeprazole seems to be the fix to that for me at least.

Not a doc, just out of MY experiences.

If I repeated myself in the thread, I am sorry. Trying to share without scaring you.

Oh one last thing. If you do use the PPI omeprazole for acid reflux it increases the effect of diazepam so be careful.
            Last edited by empyr3al; July 30, 2017, 08:00 AM.
            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, I had lost weight but booze has so many calories and drinking it seems to settle right on my gut. If you think I have some liver disease or something I have considered that but I need to just stop drinking and see how it looks. I think I may home some liver damage but nothing I can't reverse y staying stopped. Since I do t drink daily and have not drank like this for long ( 2 to 3 years) with periods of nothing-- I'm just hoping it was sitting on my ass consuming g wine and beer. You can tell me the possibilities-I get scared anyway. But I'm just going to stay quit. The dr is so judgmental she's just going to make me feel worse.

Comment

Leaky gut, what I did not want to say. Enlarged liver, is possible. Many reasons why you can gain weight as you mentioned beer. I used hardcore straight alcohol and lost a ton of weight, because I did not eat. It all contains calories so you can keep going but beer and wine can cause weight gain. The problem is that its empty calories. My BMI is spot on after a ton of work to gain weight and learn to eat again.

B1 Thiamine is severely important if you are not even eating.
                Last edited by empyr3al; July 30, 2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I don't know what leaky gut is, I'll look that up

Comment

Derek McBeath, 43, saw himself as a casual drinker – but the two cans of lager he was drinking every night were killing him.Subscribe to The Guardian on YouT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmtVJfDjZew

There are tons more, and I can't find the right one.... but that is one.
                    Last edited by empyr3al; July 30, 2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Glad that you are getting the medical help that you need and that it sounds liked hubby seems to have gotten a true glimpse of what you've been going through. :hug:
                      If you are going to research any medical issue online please take note of the following: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberchondria
                      Last edited by Orimus; July 30, 2017, 10:00 AM.
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] sometimes people need to do their own research as the doctor does not know. I let my doctor wait a week before deciding on what I recommended. He has access to absolutely everything, but this is Canada. We have some crazy health care tech that its all cross checked if you have a good GP in Canada. I've seen crap GPs (when mine moved) and great GPs. My GP has the latest in tech, its incredible. Self medication or becoming paranoid of health issues is driving most of us mad. So thats the word for it Cyberchondria. I've been through it as I've had internet before the aka internet and access to all med books. Self diagnosis is freaky and can manifest even its not there. But doctors have no idea either so I watch my doctor look at cross conflicts. He has become more and more open about how he is researching. I use drugs.com to see what might go on in cross drugs. Alcohol crisis as it is, it's not being taken care of properly. Epidemic.
                        Last edited by empyr3al; July 30, 2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Had never heard that term. I know I engage in thAt!

Comment

I agree that you must do your own research. But, I think you need to first start by seeing a medical doctor. I had never heard of that term [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] - thank you.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=23314]Tidegirl[/MENTION] - Glad that you are somewhat better. Have you set up the rehab facility that you are going to go to? Are you going to be able to go straight there from the airport? Hang in there. :hug:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] I definitely agree a medical doctor first (hopefully qualified). But you and I know how the up and down go from what I have read and my doctor fully admits I am his only ALC patient at the moment. My last GP had 3 or 4 of us, so he learned. So I give him time and he has the best tools. He takes the time to look at it and consider options. I am unusual where as I have lists of drugs that are no good for me and one thats do good so my doctor has a starting ground. All printed out in time lines and dose.

So Campral is like the most simple and I recommend it, naltrexone takes a day to get used too, it could just be during AWS, but I recommend it. SSRI and SNRIs (antidepressants) do weird things so I'm not sure what to say about them in your case. Trazadone or Mirtazapine seem effective, the later being if you need weight after an insane binge.

Not a doctor, like NoraC says see a doctor.

Comment

Working...
                                X