• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

A Tapestry...

...of interwoven reasons, seasons & lifetimes

Doubter-
    Today I venture away from our usual daily meeting place to come back here,
    to where we met over 5 months ago... to wish you heartfelt congratulations on your 6 months of sobriety

To me, 6 months is a very important milestone... it was at that point I really started thinking of my sobriety as "long term" and a new way of life....my quit seemed to take on a new sense of purpose, a new momentum now that I was looking at the 2nd half of a year.
    The way you have embraced your sobriety is nothing short of amazing... I may have a few more calendar months on you, but in all other aspects, we stand side by side, shoulder to shoulder. I could not have found a better companion to share this journey of healing & self-discovery with...thank you my friend.... thank you for everything... for being my friend for all reasons... for all seasons... for a lifetime.

Oh, and btw, for old time's sake,
    and ONLY for the day, I guess I'll allow you to call me.... *Angel cringes*..... "FormerlyAngelCurrentlyDoubtersbunny"

Ugggghhhhh!
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

thanks

Thank you Angel. Its been a great six months staying away from booze, especially with you guiding me through this journey, being such a solid rock of support throughout.

Thanks for all the time you had so considerately chosen to spend with me, enriching my life in myriad ways.

Exactly, six months back I made my first post here in a sense of extreme panic and desperation. That day was also the first day of my sobriety. Time has really flown by, but this has been a great half-year period where I had to completely reform and readjust my lifestyle. The path has been difficult, but definitely worth it. Today, here I am, undoubtedly happy, and quietly confident that I've just completed the tentative steps on the road to self-mastery. Miles to go before I sleep...

Thanks to mwo, RJ and all the friends here for being a constant source of support and inspiration.

And Angel, in between these bouts of rockflinging, just remember that our odyssey together is not only for a reason, not only for a season, but surely for the lifetime. Its been the most fortunate day of my life when our paths crossed.
      Sounds melodramatic? Truth unvarnished sometimes is! Thanks for everything Angel!

And yes probably time has come to change my much-abhorred screen name.

Suggestions anyone?

Doubternolonger

*Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

awesome job buddy .. that great life has change for you ..you have now grown stronger keep going ..
        and as for a name change ... i would say grass hopper look deep within yourself and you will find your newbirth name .. stay strong and think positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

And to think it all began with an insult

doubter;394996 wrote: And yes probably time has come to change my much-abhorred screen name.
          Fine. (English~F English~I English~N English~E). Great..
          You're going to change your name & leave me with mine??

doubter;292067 wrote: ...Just gone through all the posts by Angel ( ya, the 'Fallen' truly sucks)

You know Doubter, aka FormerlyDoubterCurrentlyInDangerFearingForHisLifeW onderingWhatWasIThinkingWhenICalledPiranhaMyBunny, it was your first post that got you into this mess situation. :yeahthat:

"What the..????" (wiping some clear watery substance from her eye)

Geez.... I think I'm kinda getting all choked up thinkin' about our first days together....

*Angel's mind drifts back, fondly remembering all the pain fun that was inflicted she had with her new victim friend >>>>>>>>

The high noon sun blazed brightly overhead as Angel skipped cheerfully to the open field where the D.B. has sat still, and silent for the most part, the past week.

The waiting was finally over & Angel could hardly contain herself. Twirling the crowbar like a majorette, she sang & chanted while doing her little happy dance. Around & around the oversized crate she danced until she worked herself into such a frenzy...she collapsed to the ground, gasping for breath.

As her eyes began to focus again, she took notice of a small metal tag on the crate. "Damn Imports" she muttered, and got out her magnifying glass to read the inscription:

Acme Devine Boon Model #42

In Hindu mythology there is a force known as the Divine Boon. It is a protection that cannot be destroyed by man or beast. Arrows were fired, stones thrown, but such trifles were brushed aside. Those relying on the Divine Boon were unconquerable and indestructible

Halfway through reading its legacy, a bright glare reflected off the magnifier's lens. Angel the Warrior Princess had been expecting something of this nature and quickly reacted..... in one swift move she caught a sun's ray in the polished glass surface & aimed it directly into the distant binoculars' eyepiece.

An ear-splitting scream was heard in the trees as a familiar silhouette fell to the ground & ran back into the forest in what appeared to be excruciating pain.

Ahhhhh... the good ol' days :boxer: :bomb::b&d:
          ....but we still have the :bath::lilmoon: lmao!
          AF 6 years
          NF 7 years

Comment

i do belive i hear just alittle whining........aww that is so cute fallen ..............

Comment

another month, can you believe it?

Doubter-
              I come back to this thread where we first met, to wish you congratulations on 7 months of sobriety....well done my friend!

Words cannot express how proud I am of you for this accomplishment and how blessed I feel for having you along on this journey....and what a journey it's been. lol

Btw, how do you like my Halloween look?
              AF 6 years
              NF 7 years

Comment

another month, no longer in doubt

Angel!

Yes, its seven full months since I touched my last drop of poison.

Thanks for remembering...and for wishing me ...and for being my quit buddy...and for the rocks and the trebuchets...and for taking me through the ride of my life....and for having the patience & forbearance to stick with the insufferable D through thick and thin.

Not much time to reflect upon the past seven months. Not been a bad time, that's for sure. This extended period of sobriety has given me a chance to offload a lot of long-stewing emotional detritus. Exorcise a number of demons of the mind. Come to terms with the past. Catharsis. Drunk doubter never had a chance to look into himself before. Not that what has been dredged up was too uplifting...lol.. Sobriety is a wake up call.

And as usual, Doubter waffling around in riddles. And why should Doubter still be a doubter?

Yes, I've turned Believer. That being sober is great. Being sober rocks!:disco:

:thanks:Thanks everybody. MWO has been the springboard for my much-needed emotional cleanse.

Karmayogi:l

Comment

Halloween look

FallenAngel;426814 wrote: Btw, how do you like my Halloween look?
                  Halloween look?...reminds me of other learned friends out here.

And when Angels start looking like this, seems like its countdown to Armageddon...lol.

Comment

awesome job doubter well done and keep on going stay strong and think positive

Comment

Doubter

Seems to me that it is time for an official name change.
                      Congratulations on 7 sober months. You are on a roll and heading towards one year. Look forward to the celebration!!

Time

Comment

thanks

Thanks T... & Time.
                        Would be nice to chat with you both one of these days.

We have all been travelling together.

And Time...formal name change or not, I'm sure I'm no more the Doubter. Sobriety has been good to me in all fronts.

:l

Comment

Well done doubter you are a master of all things quitting the drink is one but your command of the written word is astounding.
                          take care and best wishes always
                          cap

Comment

hello all darrens-
                            sorry for being gone for so long.....glad to see all of you doing well!

(CONGRATS DOUBTER!)

i will try to pick up where we are and will clean out some cobwebs as a duty of punishment for being gone so long.....even though i do love the spider!

BLESSINGS on all of you and look forward to this journey continuing!

LOVE TO ALL!!!
                            XO

Comment

hello everybody!

Flyin', firstly let me thank you for the wishes.

Am posting here to tell that I slipped. Drank on two consecutive days - 7th and 8th of October - breaking my seven month saga of sobriety. Happened when very close childhood friends came over from my hometown. Moments of celebration. Moments of weakness.

Did not feel good while drinking...or after. In fact was feeling really dejected & depressed. Maybe due to the withdrawal. Maybe for breaking a promise...to myself and to my best friend - Angel.

I'm not beating myself to death over this slip. Nor do I feel that I've lost something valuable and shall again slide back to my old partying ways.

Posting here to always remind me that I cannot get too complacent with my sobriety. And to remind me that I really did not enjoy the drink. I'm better off staying away from booze.

And also to make a public pledge that I'll remain drink-free for the rest of the calendar year, come what may.

Peace to all.

Karmayogi

Comment

Hi Doubter no need for a public pledge. You are a strong determined person & 7 months aint achieved lightly we all know that !!! Im am sure Angel is speaking to you right now with her wonderful way of making people feel good!!! I personally have missed you my freind and wish you oceans of good will for the days ahead but i know you will not need it for you are strength incarnate.
                                Love Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X