X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Whew!

Captnjack;308537 wrote:
    Um the Guy launch was not as bad as you think,,,, I think it was a success I just heard a loud thump in my back yard

You mean Guy is okay??

AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Captn...thanks for confirming to me where i landed! Alas, now I can only hope the delivery team will be able to find me with my latest ACME CO. shipment......I will need their latest inovative product to get back to the States..........

Guy
      DAY 19!!!!
      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

"...I am the master of my fate, I am the Captain of my soul." ~William Ernest Henley

Captnjack;308537 wrote: Tonights proving to be bloody harsh though!!!! aaaah. Any way I will not drink!!!! scurvy dog this bugger be.
        Ah yes.... been there myself Capt'n.... many a time... even now, cravings surface once in a while....but not as frequently.
        My friend, you have it EXACTLY right!!!....... "I will not drink!!!!"....
        THAT is the key to your success right there in those words "I will not drink". Right from the start, my self talk has always been "no matter what life throws at me... no matter how I feel...no matter how much I may want one...no matter what..... "I WILL NOT DRINK".
        I remember a couple of months ago I was having a tough time one night... tried to get in touch with one of my online friends, but they weren't around. The next day I saw an email from them asking if I was sober. Of course I'm sober silly!!.... just because I rant, rave & cry doesn't mean that I'm going to have a drink!! LOL
        I have made up my mind, drinking is no longer an option for me... although there are times when I want one so bad, it's not going to happen... that is a personal promise I have made to myself. I'm old enough & have gone through enough to know how important these promises are that we make to ourselves... to go back on my word to the person that needs me the most.... the one that I neglected for so many years.....the one that I broke so many promises to... is something I couldn't live with now.

Always remember.... A Craving Is NOT a Command
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

Comment

Angel to the rescue!

cmhguy3;308724 wrote: Captn...thanks for confirming to me where i landed! Alas, now I can only hope the delivery team will....
          get (me) back to the States..........
          We can't be having you feeling up any down-under's,.... it's the weekend & we need you back here! We have all sorts of fun activities planned, we'd hate to see you miss out on ANY of them! :b&d:

After threatening pleading with the Coast Guard, they realized I was not one they want to do battle with what dire straits you are in & helped to get Captn's boat off the rocks.
          We're USCWOAP again because of Flyin's drivin here.....Ready to go home???

In 5....4...3......

*fling!*
          AF 6 years
          NF 7 years

Comment

Enjoy Your Weekend!

[ame= ]YouTube - Funny Midget Skills[/ame]
            AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

Comment

Hi Captn

Captnjack;308683 wrote: Doubter

I wish I had a voice like Hemingway in the old man and the sea but this old salt is nothing more than cliches and before you take pity dont because its bloody true

You are the gifted writer my freind and calling this a ULTRAFEMINIST thread I believe has just sealed your fate with the sisters!!. I hope your parting isnt to painfull LOL

Take care Captn

Great to see your response, captn. Yes I do have a very romantic notion of the sea, gathered mostly from what I read and also the stories I heard from some of my classmates who went into merchant navy.

And yes I know that I dug a hole for myself with my post, but expect you to be on my side when I take on your sisters ...lol

And captn...I am banking on you to see me sober..we both shall sail together on this ship to sobriety...

..and let the shouting begin..

for me... 43 days al-free !!

and waiting for your shout in response...

Doubter

*Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Dear doubter
                9 days and struggling but hanging on not shouting yet. Now this faint print thing is quite deceiving they are not MY sisters. They are however very sweet and have been very supportive of my sobriety while they flogg you and Guy to death. However I think my days are numbered ???. Cat and nine tails and ten years before the mast and all that. You must see the wisdom in my ways( is "ways" a word Hemingway would use??) be kind and loving to them and you don't DIE. Simple "math 101" if you get my drift.

You are a kind person doubter and 43 days is bloody fantastic well done my man you are a inspiration.
                BEWARE the sisters though 43 equates to 43 lashes with the cat or a 43 mile fling with there fling thing

Take care my freind Captn

Comment

return trip

Hey All,

The ACME package arrived and I am headed back to the States after my last fling!

To Be Continued...

Guy

"I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Say Your Prayers

doubter;309284 wrote: expect you to be on my side
                    Can't I even sit down for a nice relaxing cup of coffee :ranger without having to deal with you first thing in the morning??

Alright Bucko... you've asked for it :boxer:
                    no more MsSweetAsSaccharineAngel for you...the gloves are coming off...
                    how -N you
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

Comment

Rocket Man

cmhguy3;309370 wrote:
                      The ACME package arrived and I am headed back

Oh wait... I guess it IS!!!
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

Comment

oh boys.....

Well, boys...as angel and i relax on this sober sea ride...would you mind fetching a few items for us in preparation of guy's landing. I don't want to move from my observation spot here on the deck...I will need my 12" kangaroo hide whip...and angel my dear sister....what would you like these fine boys to fetch for you?

And doubter...didn't you get the message? All men are to comply...black ties...not red! Next time a consequence will ensue!

Comment

a little to the left... mmmmmmmm.......

flyinhigh;309496 wrote:
                          ...and angel my dear sister....what would you like these fine boys to fetch for you?
                          [SIZE=3]After I finish having my [COLOR=White]way with them full body massage
                          *thank you again boys coos Angel dreamingly* I was thinking maybe we could get the fellas to haul the cannon over to the 'Hood.... you know how I just love watching them work up a sweat under the hot blazing sun.

I gotta hand it to ya Flyin... you whipped those boys into shape in record time! I had my doubts...
                          [CENTER]

Yes....yes...quite a transformation....

....oh yessssss..... you did good Flyin....

OH MY..... is it getting warm in here??.....

oh dear...
                          I think I'm feelin faint..... help me...I'mmmm fallen....

*Thud*
                          AF 6 years
                          NF 7 years

Comment

Good Day Captn

Captnjack;309308 wrote: Dear doubter
                            9 days and struggling but hanging on not shouting yet. ...sisters. They are however very sweet and have been very supportive of my sobriety... be kind and loving to them and you don't DIE.

You are a person doubter and 43 days is bloody fantastic well done my man you are a inspiration.
                            BEWARE the sisters though 43 equates to 43 lashes with the cat or a 43 mile fling with there fling thing

Take care my freind Captn

Yo Captn,
                            Just wanted to say hello and If things are going all right,
                            bottoms up for your eleventh consecutive day of sobriety !!!.

Truth to tell Captn, sisters on this thread are extremely supportive and a large part of the credit for my sobriety goes to the princess of this thread who has been keeping me on my toes.

And I am not afraid of being dead on this thread, far from it...this banter is getting my creative juices flowing and giving me a high more enjoyable than booze ever could...

Lets stick together Captn,and move forward One Day At A Time! And yes we can expect tremendous solidarity and enlightening words of wisdom from the sisters and brothers..

DoubtertryingtomorphintoaBeliever
                            - celebrating 45th Day of Freedom from self-inflicted Bondage...

:wave:
                            *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

A day of celebration in Angel's quirky world

doubter;310156 wrote:
                              we can expect tremendous.... enlightening words of wisdom from the sisters..

That's what I'm here for... enlightening words of wisdom! LOL
                              Today is #1 pair of #8 red sassy shoe's 1st birthday..... isn't that thrilling news?? lmao
                              There are only 4 more pair to purchase...can't decide... do I purchase 2 pair today to commemorate their birthday, or do I wait until the end of July & buy all 4 at once to celebrate 2 years of being smoke-free & 1 year of sobriety?? Decisions...decisions.

excerpt from

The Red Shoe Diary

It was an eventful day for the red shoes...it began simply with the fact that the first generation now had to go in for some minor surgery.

Upon arriving at a well-known physician in the healing art of shoes...it was found that the door was locked & a big CLOSED sign hung in the store window. The Lady of the Red Shoes threw up her arms in disgust at where there could be found another ER for her little darlin's.

A man sitting on a park bench nearby noticed the Lady in distress & came over to comfort her. He was very taken by her shoes, and even more intrigued that the shoes on her feet also matched the ailing shoes in her satchel. He examined the shoes very thoroughly & a discussion in great length began over the heritage of said shoes. Another man wearing a bright red sweater which matched the shoes walked up & now became quite interested in the red shoe saga and joined in the discussion. The Lady of the Red Shoes told them her tale of searching the globe for more siblings of this fine family.....the infamous ...and more. After the entire story was told, the 3 of them parted ways, and the Lady of the Red Shoes knew that the magical powers of her soles had once again entranced new admirers.

She recalled only days earlier a small girl child of only 7 came up to her & said how she loved her red shoes. "Ahhhh....another Lady of Red Shoes in waiting" she cooed to herself.

A new physician of skill was found later that day, but not before 2 others were summoned & did not pass the qualifications. The Lady of the Red Shoes looked sad at leaving her little ones behind with strangers. The staff & surgeons which were all gathered around the patient reassured the Lady that they would take extra special care & would return them to her in better health to live another day of being the sassy little red shoes they have always been.

Happy Birthday my Little Darlin's!
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

Comment

You're right...I don't know when to quit! LOL

FallenAngel;310334 wrote:
                                Happy Birthday my Little Darlin's!
                                [ame= ]YouTube - Elvis Costello - (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes[/ame]
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

Comment

Working...
                                X