Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I shall start!

Whitestar,

Thanks for the reminder! I believe that little troublemaker inside of us keeps trying to make me believe I can have 1 or 2 glasses of wine and be on my merry way. I know the little bastard is lying his head off cause each day I don't drink he gets smaller and smaller. I find if i start thinking about the future I get overwhelmed so I've been staying real close to the AA chant "one day at a time." I can do this and be truly happy today - for me, my family and my children. Now that's a great feeling
    Matt

Comment

Well I shall start!

A question

Matt are you going to AA meetings and this board. I am asking because I am struggling with whether I should get back into AA. When I was using it I thought that I had to suscribe to everything--I know that is not the case. Just wondering...you are having such great success..that I would not mind following in your shoes...

Kim

Comment

Well I shall start!

Whitestar

Oh dear Whitestar, I'm sorry you have suffered at the hands of that lying little bastard as Matt so rightly put it. Something is so F-ed up when every fiber in your being knows better one day, then the next it sounds like a winner! This stuff is harder than heroin to kick I'm just sure of it. Don't give up my friend. Read this site back into the archives if necessary to see just how hopeless we all have felt. The willingness is all that's required to watch your life change. This is why I've been coming here these many months. I'm addicted to this beautiful process. Everyone here knows exactly how you feel, and we can change and do!!!! Stay with us and buckle up for the ride of your life!

Love,
        Lori

Comment

Well I shall start!

hi again

Tawny, nice to hear you are going fine. goodonya.

Matt. Skiing was great. three broken bones from our party of 8 and none from my family (success for another year!!!) I"m too cautious to break a bone.. I ski as slow as a snail!!!

Whitestar. Sorry to hear this. Your comment is what keeps me abstinent. I'm absolutely certain if I return to a sip... I'll return to a gulp... and I'll never forget how hard it was to get this far. Thanks for the reminder. I hope that you find it in you to continue your fight.. after all, you do know that you CAN do it for 18 months.

good luck
          Brigid

Comment

Well I shall start!

Rituals

Kate,
            You realy touched on something that I have been working through - the social aspect of drinking. I'm at day 45, and still have cravings sometimes, but no too bad. Now I am thinking about how to do the rituals of life without alcohol. How to celebrate, mourn, recover, mark events.....
            Peggy

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hi!
              My name is Ann. I am just starting out. I have tried this before but have not stuck to it. Now, I know I am ready and am very determined. I have everything I need and am ready to just jump in. I am so tired of the guilt and fear. I so badly want this to be the way for me. Signs just keep popping up that this is (like the email I got about this forum). So I am hopeful.......

Comment

Well I shall start!

Bren

Hi to everyone: I'm proud to say that I'm at just over 3 months myself without a drop of alcohol.
                I got a lovely card from my 17 year old son last Friday night which said it all! He is so proud of me for not drinking anymore and how much better our family life is, I know my two other sons agree as well.....If I feel like a drink, I just have to read this card as a reminder how much better life really is without!

I ,like many of you probably will not drink again in the near future, too afraid of not being able to moderate! Right now, I'm not even going to say maybe!

Thanks for this board and for all of your support! (P.S.) I didn't take anything the last 3 weekends (which is my hardest times).....I only have been on the Kudzu Root and L-Glutamine from the very beginning, I don't feel comfortable taking meds!

Comment

Well I shall start!

My 14 years of sobriety were the best.................abs is the only way for me. I've now been drinking daily for the past 5 years and it is HELL and I really don't know if I will ever be sober again. Sobriety is a distant dream for me now. If you're practicing abs now, please keep it up.

Comment

Well I shall start!

:w Hairnet!

I think I have some idea of how you feel...I was sober for 11 years and then about 10 years ago I decided I could handle a glass of wine here and there...Well, I couldn't and eventually, inevitably I found myself in HELL also...by last April I felt totally hopeless and desperate and didn't think I could ever get sober again.... I was drinking all the time, 2-4 bottles of wine a day plus vodka...I was hiding it. lying and just generally losing my life. I have now fought my way back out of the abyss--115 +/- days of abstinence and my life to look forward to again.

Since you've already experienced how great it is to be sober, you know what is waiting for you...the very fact that you are reading here on this site seems to indicate that you DO have hope! Please keep reading and posting, this site is a wonderful place to find the support you need to get your life back! We're here for you, we really are! :l
                    :h susan
                    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Well I shall start!

Wow Susan.....that is so cool!
                      Last time I posted I was on day 45 and today is day 65. My number is climbing.
                      Good for me. gabby
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Well I shall start!

You guys are truly an inspiration...I know I can do it. I doubt that I have been abs for more than a couple of weeks at a time in the past 11 years..that monkey always crawls back up on my back. Please keep posting!

Comment

Well I shall start!

:new:

Hello everyone. I posted in the "Just Starting Out" with my story, and a member said I should go here.

I will be nine months no booze, no cigarettes, in about a week. I won't retype all I did in my very first post, but I hope to come back and visit for a while in the coming weeks and months.

Hope I can help others in some way. I am going through a rough patch right now, and am just looking for some other folks who have walked down the path..

Comment

Well I shall start!

katesm:

I guess the rough patch I've been going through is a getting emotionally upset and angry over small things at work. I have a fear that I will "lose it", and have a fit. Being a guy, and in engineering, and in a position of authority at work, that would be bad. I guess I have gained a reputation for being a calm and logical decision maker over the years, sort of "Mr. Spock" I don't want to jeopardize a career that I've spent a quarter of a century building with one ill-timed blowup. Quite a few times over the last few months, I have just gritted my teeth, and hung on by my fingernails to maintain a rational frame of mind. But lately, its getting more and more difficult.

I absolutely know, that going back to the booze and smokes is not the way to go. I also don't want to use prescription drugs. I've already been down the tranquilzer and anti-depressant road years ago, and its just not the way I want to go. I really want to find the inner peace without synthetic chemicals or toxins.

So the rough patch, is old emotional stuff buried down deep I think. Simple, basic fears that I need to resolve in clear, conscious mind. Hence, the CD programs and stuff. Just talking about them here is therapeutic to a degree. I hope that this forum can play a part in my further expansion and growth in that direction.

Hope you all can find that place too. Its a real bugger to get to.

Comment

Well I shall start!

Serched for years for a program like this,found the book one night on the net when I was not even looking for drinking help.In fact I was drinking at the time and I was just looking for another book.Or was I ?????? Any way got the book read the book put off seeing the doctor for two weeks, got the nerve got the meds and the supplements and now I have 26 days ofnot drinking and I feel great.
                              :thanks: :l :l :l

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hope yall don't mind if I bump this but it has some really good posts in it....

Bump

Comment

Working...
                                X