Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years!!

Hi Doubter,

Thank you for your very inspirational post on your two year journey. Congratulations !! I hope you don't mind, but I copied a paragraph from your post after one month alcohol free. I thought it just may help those starting an AF month this March that it is possible.

I wish you continued success and happiness :l

================================================== ======

Segment of a Post from Doubter dated on April 1, 2008:

Now after a boozefree month, if I am sounding melodramatic, so be it. Looking back its my first sober month in ages and am feeling a sense of minor achievement.

I am at the crossroads now. My junkie thinking had initially entertained the thoughts of moderating in April but my best friend & guardian angel convinced me that abstention should be the goal and now I decide to try that for April. I would be very glad if any other fellow MWOuters join me in this pledge for sobriety .

"Once again thanks for helping me out in the hour of crisis Ducky, Kirova, Bella, hippie37, cindi, 4theboyz, kpuk. We are all fellow travelers in this joint journey of self- actualization and hope we keep providing emotional succour & sustenance to each other.

And thanks everyone who has taken the time to read through my long entry which is just the first milestone on my long journey of a thousand miles…

Hoping to further strengthen bonds of friendship.

Doubter"
    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Two years!!

Congratulations to you on 2 years AF! thanks for taking the time to post - it's important to those of us not so far along to see others successfully making it to major milestones. :h
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Two years!!

Hi doubter and congratulations on reaching such an important milestone. I loved reading your post about how your life has changed for the better. Thank you so much for sharing that.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Two years!!

Doubter, thank you for your thoughtful post on your progress and your thoughts about your journey. It is inspiring to celebrate milestones of success in changing our lives. I agree with FA, being able to truly Live in the Now is one of the most wonderful rewards at two years of sobriety.

Congratulations on all your hard work and I wish you much joy ad contentment in the future.

Best Wishes,
          Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Two years!!

Hi Doubter, many many congratulations. Its wonderful to hear long term successes. It can be done and this reinforces it. Thank you.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Two years!!

Gr8 post doubter, well done 2years sober.
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
              X