Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLAMING OTHERS

Sheri - I absolutely love this!!! Thank you x
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Not sure I would totally agree. Happiness can be influenced your external environment which to some extent is determined by luck (people who say "you make your own luck" miss the point that luck can't be governed). There's always something beyond our control and better to call that luck (which can change) than fate.

I think a these-things-happen attitude is essential. Trying to guarantee contentment would lead me down the road of naval-gazing or neuroticism. Everyday I remind myself to let go.

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Mario,

What makes your post so special is how empowering it is.

Us alcoholics do want to lay the "blame" at everyone else's feet. But, we would never want to be accountable to them.

My happiness lies within myself. I agree. I love the thought. I have control.

Thank you for the reminder. :l:l

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Here are my thoughts, no one is responsible for our happiness as we are not responsible for the happiness of others, true happiness comes from within each of us. Yes, we can occasionally do things that do brighten somones day, but the best thing we can do is to allow our own happines in. Have you ever noticed that happiness is contagious? So, we can let our bright light shine on others!

I know nothing that can rob us of happiness and pure joy more than alcohol!

XO Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

One2many,
            I too resonate with your post. I have always felt that it is important for people to like me. But so many people are unhappy, and they really don't like anyone. Or they pick a few favorites, and make me feel like I'm on the outside. This affects the interpersonal part of my work life. I need to just work hard, do a good job, care about people, and stopp worrying about the rest. Thanks for stimulating this thought.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

KateH1;923709 wrote:

I know nothing that can rob us of happiness and pure joy more than alcohol!

XO Kate
              So true, so true!

The further away I am from my last drink, the lighter and happier I have become.

M3
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Very nice threads..love too much and concluded myself that nobody can makes you inferior without your permission or consent .......!
                If nature gives us lemon, we have a choice: either to cry or make lemonade.

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

I'm glad you resurrected this thread Kota, just a thought - not quite on the same point but I have spent my whole life with very low self esteem - no reason on paper - I'm relatively neutral in all ways - looks brains etc. but I can remember a girl I used to go to school with telling me that she wished she was like me. LIKE ME WTF!! she went on to say she thought I was popular and sporty and someother such shite. The point I'm making is that that was the best part of 35 years ago and I still remember it and hold it very dear to me.
                  If every day everyone went out of their way JUST ONCE to pick out something positive about somebody and complimenting them on it, if it only affected one person the way I was affected that day it would be worth it wouldn't it?
                  Ok I'll start!! I think everyone who comes here frigging ROCKS!! My life has been saved by this place and you good people in it!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Needed this post. I always struggle with what other ppl think of me - I really think it stems from my own guilt and shame of drinking....I know the longer I am af the less I will worry about others.

Thank you..

Peace

Comment

Working...
                    X