Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four years... experimented with moderating... not an option

Welcome back tired,
    Thankfully so far I have never had an urge to try and control my drinking since I have stopped,for me I still hold all them memories of my drinking life and I use that as a tool in my continuing strength against drinking,great to see you post and I hope you continue to do so.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Welcome back tired! Wow it sounds like you were able to learn something really important, and I'm so glad you shared it with us here. I'm wishing you strength and sending tons of support your way in hopes that the journey back to the path goes smoothly for you!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Tired: Your story is my story. After 3 sober years, I thought a drink would help me sleep during a bout of insomnia. It did help (duh), but the slide began the very second I put alcohol into my body. The mental obsession w/having a drink took over, & my slide was much the same as yours. It was somewhat gradual, because I put the brakes on it as best I could. But, I began doing what you did & drank when I felt uncomfortable or stressed. Also, the hiding started up as well. Thank God, my relapse was relatively short...about the same time frame as yours...but, admitting it to my husband & AA group was torturous but necessary. This relapse convinced me that I truly am an alcoholic & no amount of time can erase that. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We can live wo/alcohol. It's a better way of life. Mary

PS: My husband is truly a moderate drinker, & in my rational mind I KNOW I cannot drink like he does.
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello & welcome back Tired!

Just like Mary's post - I cannot & do not want to deal with the mental obsession with AL anymore. I failed over & over at trying to moderate before finding MWO. Since becoming a member here I have found to resolve to stay away from AL - I will not be fooled again.

Wishing you the very best & please stay in touch

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X