No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year, friends . My resolution is to clean off the mail table more often. We lost a large tax bill thre this year, not acceptable.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I start the new year
      With a promise of long term sobriety
      I carry on on this new life
      By being honest with myself

I commit myself to the plan
      On whihc I had failed on so many New Years
      I plan on doing the great things
      Going to great places
      And more importantly being peace with myself

I plan to stack to MWO and its community
      Which brings a gentle reminder
      Of the dark place I have been
      I surprise myself everyday by staying strong
      But pray the strength remains forever

I wish all the new bies who visit this site
      Should soon mature and come this thread

I am not a good person I have been bad
      So bad that it makes me ashamed
      I have lost so many friends for what I am
      Is that's why I went to AL or maybe it was due to AL
      That it all happend
      But I now promise to mend all that
      Heal and move on

For me staying sober is just a beginning
      For this is a journey towards self discovery
      A journey where I shall be rewarding

I still have to relearn to accept others,
      Love and receive love from others
      Be good and accept goodness
      Stay proud and appreciate others

Lot more to do and many things to do.
      I need to change,
      I need to improve
      I just love, share,

Thank the higher power to who gave me wisdom
      And strength to fight AL
      But that was in 2014 ... This year I must fight other deamons
      Which still cloud my life
      And those demons maybe the reason I drank in first place
      Lot more to do

But before that I thanks you all
      For without this site and you all
      The last year ...
      Which was the worst and the best
      I could not have lived and faced without you all ..

Happy Sober New year to you all ....
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Wishing you a wonderful new year Sunbeam & Rahul!

Rahul, be kind to yourself & keep your focus where it belongs - on your sobriety. Everything else will fall into place, you just have to give it some time. You did not solely create all the world's problems so you don't have to fix them all. Stay happy, grateful & on your plan, the rest will fix itself. This is where we have to have some faith
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Rahul, there seem to be a number of people here who make lots of personal improvements when they stop drinking, but I'm more of a one change at a time person. Personal improvement is an ongoing quest in my life. Do what works for you, but if you feel overwhelmed, don't be afraid to step back a little. Like Lav said, keeping the alcohol out of the picture is the top priority. Everything else can happen over time.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy New Year, all!
            Change used to be a word I was VERY afraid of, but not so much anymore. The changes I made to get sober have been LIFE SAVING, so it makes them so worthwhile. I used to think that I would never change or get out of that pit....I thought I couldn't survive without AL, it just goes to show you how much life can change. Today my perspective on AL is completely different... I HATE IT. The good news is that I no longer hate myself. I directed my anger at one source and so far, it is working!

Wishing everyone the best in 2015. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Freezing my feathers off here in ES PA!
              How is everyone else holding up during this Artic blast??
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Im staying inside, Lav. Supposed to get down to 18 tonight. Brrrr. Get those cicks an electric blanket!!!
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

I'm cleaning out the basement, it is much bigger already. There is simply no current nor future need for most of what is there. The unused exercise bike went away yesterday to a friend. I swim regularly, and am pretty active . Hauling the boxes up the stairs and loading them into the car is great exercise at the moment. I have lost count of the carloads I have taken to Goodwill.

Comment

An exercise bike makes a wonderful clothes rack! It is amazing how many things you can hang from one! Feels good to get rid of that crap, doesn't it? I have a couple of closets I need to spend some quality time in. (Bah, there's a joke in there somewhere!) XXOO, B

Originally posted by Sunbeam View Post
                    I'm cleaning out the basement, it is much bigger already. There is simply no current nor future need for most of what is there. The unused exercise bike went away yesterday to a friend. I swim regularly, and am pretty active . Hauling the boxes up the stairs and loading them into the car is great exercise at the moment. I have lost count of the carloads I have taken to Goodwill.
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

So long termed, seeking some advice. It seem the farther I get away from alcohol the closer I get to myself. I am missing something and I think it is getting back to God. I've stayed away for so long because I was so ashamed. So much to be sorry for. How do wipe your mind clean and begin again?

Comment

Chero, Lav has talked a lot about a book on Forgiveness. Forgiving ourselves. I hope she will come and speak to that. You know, if that is the direction you want to go, give it a try! It certainly cant HURT anything. Sounds like a positive step to me!
                        Time will help you come to terms with so many emotions, we are doing a great deal of growing and catching up. It just takes some time.
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks, I have the book, I had forgotten. A few years spent trying to numb my feelings guess it will take some time to work through them all. I really hate Al now. My husband calls me the human Breathalyzer. He can drink and hours later I can smell it. It's revolting. I'm trying so hard to not be "that person". The reformed person who now is a zealot, hubby drank southern comfort and coke at 2:00 in the afternoon. I thought to myself really?! AL is such a waste of time, money, and health. I am an alcohol hater I just don't want to be a hypocrite. I'm not sure how to feel or how to behave. I guess in time things will sort themselves out. As always Birdie, your the best.

Comment

Chero, i know the feeling. I hate al and i think "oh god i am turning into a bloody martyr". I can go on and on and on about how bad al is and bore someone to sleep. I have to learn to shut up and smile but i so hate it and what it can do to lives. Not everyone is like us though! I feel like a reformed smoker in my opinions now. Oops! Lol about hubs! My son will have a few drinks and i get on his back, he says mum "i have not had a drink before this for a week". Oops again!
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Chero - I highly recommend reading 'Radical Forgiveness' by Colin Tipping!
                              It's a big task but forging ourselves (and everyone else) is vital to our recovery & happy, balanced future
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Ava, I finally got my daughter give up drinking. Not forever but not 3 or 4 times a week. She hasn't drank since new years. Now if I can get the hubby there. He put up with so much from drunk ASS I feel especially obligated to make up everything to him. Ah the guilt, humiliation, the utter degradation. Wait, now why did I drink again? :egad:

Lava, I started reading radical self-forgiveness tonight by Colin. It's just what I needed to read right now. It's been an especially hard day. Memories coming out the ether to torment me today. I'm not sure why but it still jumps out when I'm not looking and gut punches me so hard I forget to breathe. Time to step outside myself and do some self analysis and gain some perspective on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X