100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gained 3 pounds yesterday....need to reel THAT in! UGG...

BlimpeByrdie (I feel like one of the balloons in the Macy's parade)
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

You didn't gain three pounds Byrdie - probably a salt overload.
      Just drink extra water today

I am without a drop of energy today. Yesterday's feast & birthday party for my grandson did me in. I'm thinking nap this afternoon :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I seem to be feeling lazy today too.

Thanksgiving went well, I helped my Mom with the dinner.....we did good, no fights (she was even impressed we didn't fight). I just kind of went with the flow, and when she started to get crazy about silly things like napkins, I'd take a deep breath, slow down and deal with the napkins or whatever the issue is.....in the past it'd probably have erupted into a fight.

Not a lot of drinking either, which was good - typically I'd help start the drinking off, but them days are over. Whew!

Also, I realized that my behavior does matter, and what I do does matter (I never really thought it did all that much before). But, if I don't get crazy, and take care of myself, people around me are less likely to act crazy and run me over.
        Soberity Date - 7/11/11

Comment

Sammy, i agree! Same here. It's amazing how our ripples affect the whole pond. Glad you we survived! Xo.
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings ALL!

Sunny & freezing cold here, perfect day to get some holiday decorations out of storage
            I'm still way behind on shopping but that's fine. It will get done when it gets done!

What's everyone else up to this weekend?
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I definitely feel 5 pounds heavier. Bleh.
              Lav I am going to say IF it gets done. My big holiday job is over. I am not cooking like that for Christmas.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

I saw you got a tablet, LB. I hope you love it! I'm usually a very slow adopter of new technology (still have a flip-phone) and I didn't get an iPad until this year but I sure love it. In fact, the ability it gave me to stay connected to MWO no matter where I was in the house (or country since there was a lot of travel this year) made a huge difference for me. I never would have thought an electronic device would be on my gratitude list but it sure is!

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and is anticipating the good parts of the holiday season. Our outside decorations go up today - the inside is almost done .

Comment

morning all
                  thanks NS, have to admit, it was a "little" difficult on T Day. There was a lot of stress floating around, but I distracted myself somehow or another. I mean, I guess I really know I don't want to go down that path again. It is so hard for me to quit when I start. We did not celebrate T Day, which is really ok with me. I need to be thankful every day.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey Sam, holidays get so blown out of proportion. I celebrate but don't go too crazy or kill myself with work - definitely not a perfectionist :H
                    Protecting your quit is #1 - screw the holiday stress

NS, I have two desktop computers in my shop, a laptop that is usually sitting in the living room, an iPad I carry around the house & when I go certain places & an iPhone in my pocket. I am SO damn connected it's not even funny :H :H
                    All that is helpful for my business but it's critical for my sanity!!!

Didn't exactly get around to the decorating today but I did get lots of other stuff done & that's OK
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

True about holidays getting blown out of proportion. I have a Mother who goes nuts every year with them, exhausts herself, and then gets pissed off with everybody when the holiday doesn't turn out as wonderfully as she'd planned it would be.

Not so fun. When I drank I used to deal with it by hating the holidays, and drinking too much at the family gatherings. Also, the last 2 years I'd been sober, but still dealing with my 2nd DUI, so I was resentful and grumpy at everybody who could still drink.

This year was better, just get through them, Holidays are part of life, don't get crazy or be a perfectionist about them (like you said). It makes everything a lot easier. And so what if some people are disappointed, it goes with the territory of Holidays.
                      Soberity Date - 7/11/11

Comment

I am noticing that Im not getting email alerts from MWO for the last week or so. Anyone ekse having this issue? B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Is it still marked "On" in your settings? I chose not to get them so I wouldn't notice a problem.

Comment

NoSugar;1591654 wrote: Congratulations on 200 days, Sam, and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Last Thanksgiving I was in the midst of being AF on my own and it was a horrible struggle. The support I received here has made all the difference and changed what appeared to be hopeless to possible. Thank you. :h NS
                            Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everyone. I posted earlier that this is my first real holiday in my adult life that I would be sober. Gotta admit it was tougher than I thought it would be. Lots of wine, beer and whiskey about. Gave it a brief thought a few times but all in all came through it safe and sober. One down two more to go.
                            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

NS, yes, my alert button is checked...maybe I should reboot....(the only computer trick I know)....my icons still lock me up, so I'm using those 'recipes' you gave me. When I get some time, I plan to dive into it.

TJ, the 'first' everything is so different. I did notice that the first AND second holiday was a strain, but this third one is now like OLD HAT! Practice makes perfect! I'm so happy that you were able to push the thoughts out! THAT'S how it's done!!! Hang on tight, we are all in the same boat!! Technically speaking, in one month from today, all the hoopla will be OVER with!! We'll be on January 2! There will be record numbers of people coming back in with NY resolutions to finally quit this madness! Get ready, your help will really be needed for triage! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

TJ, it helps to focus on the food, the people, the decorations, the gifts - anything except the AL.
                                I know it's going to seem weird at first but I promise you'll love the results
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X