100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
    :allgood:Cherokeer... Have you tried yoga? I cannot rave enough about how just a 1/2 hr a day helps.
    All that breathing and stretching really changes my point of view.

So sleepy... Rough days filled with anxiety, not what i need. Yoga, yoga, yoga!

Pav- i am terrified of a relapse too, which is why I plan to continue to stick close here too,
    Amazing. I am in the same place. I want to be sober and love to be sober but my brain says "get drunk."
    I think exercising is the place to be.

Sorry if I jumped in. I have been here before.

I am sober but trying to stay there.

Breathe, breathe.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi, Cindi.

I don't think we've met but I see you've got a lot of posts and probably a longer time AF than I have.

I hope you stick around and protect it at all costs. I've seen so many examples of people really struggling to get it back again. The daily reinforcement around here really helps me.

take care, NS

Comment

All I can say is HANG IN THERE....the longer you go AF, the more of a lifestyle it becomes. These days, there is NO romance in AL for me....every day that I check in to MWO, I see the destructive and disabling force it is. It takes regular, normal, GOOD people and turns them in to obsessive, lying, conniving addicts. I HATE AL. I do not long for the day that I can have JUST ONE. That ship has sailed for me. I have MINDPEACE and that just comes with time. Just keep on an AF path, stay connected with your support system, be of service to others like you and it will all work out, I guarantee it!
        We are an impatient lot, but we didn't get here overnight, and it takes a little time to repair the damage. It is worth it. Hugs all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Cross Post, NS! Same message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs to you! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey Cinders
            good to see you around. How have you been? Tell that other voice to take a hike. It means you no good, as you know down deep inside. I think that's the thing for me is that I know in my gut what really is the right thing to do. And the right thing of staying sober has its moments of trials, but that's just the way shit happens, not every moment is a rosey event. I know how dang fortunate I am and appreciate it even more, sober. Been trying to focus on it and enjoy it every day, or at least acknowledge it.
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hang in there Cinders, my brain screams the same thing from time to time but that same brain tells me I'm still 18 and good looking. Sometimes ya just have to look in the mirror for the truth. You're doing great cause you came here instead of listening to lair lair pants on fire!
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi Cindi,
                Just saw you post! I bet we all get 'those thought' from time to time. I distract myself & don't let any thought linger in my head that could potentially undo all my hard work. You just keep doing the same
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

happy february everyone!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hit 180 days yesterday, although I'm very excited. In past quits, my relapses have hit, @ 6, 8 and the last 10 months.
                    I feel I'm in a better place than I was in those past fails, I'm just trying not to stress about this, and keep doing what I'm doing.
                    Just what's on my mind today.
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes, Lav. And back to you!!

Hey, Matt. The past doesn't predict the future, especially because you're doing the hard :wink: yards to rewire your brain to think differently. There was a discussion in the NN the other day about failing after meeting goals and Pav wrote about how she never saw them as endpoints. I think that's a really important distinction. For me, I saw/see them as hurdles that I'm eager to cross and never cross again. At day 10, I was really fired up about never being in single-digits again and at day 100, never again in double digits. Roll call was great because my ego was still active enough to make me really not want to have to start over on this "public" count and I had promised myself that I would participate in Roll call for a minimum of 100 straight AF days.

Now the hurdles are fewer and farther between (in real life in terms of temptations to drink and in this rather weak metaphor I have going...) but when I made it over the 1 year gate, and 500 days, and 2 years -- I was glad to be done with those forever. The next one that has some sort of symbolic meaning (I guess living in a base-10 world will do that) is 1000 days but that is pretty far in the future so I'll just be jogging along this AF path of life for awhile, feeling pretty dang good - much better than I ever thought I would feel again, actually, so feeling very very fortunate!

Congrats on the 180 days and keep taking care of yourself, NS

Comment

And happy Gound Hog Day, Lav. I think Punxsatawney Phil got snowed in today.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

That's so true Sunbeam
                          The dumb rodent saw his shadow so we're having 6 more weeks of winter ~ just as we always do, Ha Ha!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi!!!! Proud to tell it is day 475 for me. I feel great and very focused. Peaceful at the same time (this is from yoga I think - I had to plug it in lol). I recently was puzzled of the mentality my husband have on his quit and how different it is from my approach. So one of our friends was visiting town and we went out to eat. While waiting for food, my husband was telling about how hard his day at work was for him. This friend said: "it will be nice to have a cold one after all this" - and my husband said - "I wish I could". You can see that The fundamentally his quit approach is completely different from mine. I would say to that friend - "Not at all, I do not need drinks to relax" or something similar. So - any thoughts? Should I say something to my husband? I don't want bring it up if it is waiste of time.
                            AF since 10/20/2013
                            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                            Meat free since 09/20/2008
                            ---------------------------------------
                            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Hi, All:

I've been neglecting this thread!

MyLuck - I wonder if in a time that is not threatening you could just ask him about it - what he really feels like? Maybe share some of what you have learned in yoga and thinking about gratitude? Over breakfast or some other time when he doesn't want a drink? Of course you can't control his behavior, but you can lead by example. Congratulations on 475 days.

I don't have much to say, just thought I'd check in.

Pav

Comment

Thank you Pavati! By the way my husband had 1 year AF on Jan 9.
                                AF since 10/20/2013
                                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                                ---------------------------------------
                                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Working...
                                X