No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super congrats byrdlady, you have inspired all is if especially when we needed the most. You Are the strength of this site and this community.
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hi there ,

There those days when you don't feel out. The weather is so bad that you feel sitting indoor. But then there are the days when the weather outside is just so addictive you feel like just ... Well .. Top of the world.

Today's once if that day. Rain, moist and lovely cool wind, just a perfect blend of warmth. With every breeze I feel it's trying to embrace me hold on to me. That leaves me with nothing but more ... Can't describe the word !!

It's just perfect !!

Yesterday I had a small set of friends who came over at home and yes we drank like this 3 am. They were on booze and me one well ... Anything but that. I bet they all must be sitting with the hung over heads feeling guilty ...

It is so fascinating to see the rain drops over the flowers and the green grass just behind my house. The lushness of it reminds me of fullness of life. Grass and trees for well they can be Importal in a way. There trees as old as 300 years. They have seen the world around them change but as for me as I sit on the balcony of my room, enjoying the moist gush of warm air. Reading the rain drops as they all on the leaves ... I am just grateful ... Grateful to have the state do mind to enjoy the beauty around me.

Y did I get addicted in the first place ? Sunday afternoons like these I had wasted on beers or cribbing for beer. ...

Dark rain clouds which I see at a distance travel traveling at high speeds. Sounds of birds, squirals, insects and I so regularly hear but never notice. It is amazing we live around so much of plants and animals that on the day today life we just ignore them or rather don't realize that their presence make out life and surroundings so beautiful.

I wish I could be inside a jungle camping or on a mountain hiking. But then I am so glad I am experiancing this moment which I am now experiancing ! Something whihc I could never have experienced as a drunk ...

Have a nice day ...
      Rahul
      Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Chero congratulations on becoming a grandmother. I so cant wait for that day to come so i can be there fully for her pregnancy and birth and afterwards. Something which i know i would never have done drunk.

Byrd happy 1500, you are a treasure to me and i love you dearly.

Oh the modding thread. I happened on there one night when i was in my early days and boy did my al brain go into overdrive. It really shook me with my thinking of "i could do that". I quickly left that thread and have never really been back. I was mwo surfing as i had a craving and look where it got me but i knew i had been there and done that and didnt get a badge so abstinence was the only solution. Thank god those days are over and now i am comfy in my sobriety.

15 months for me today and i did not even realise until i looked at the date, my how times have changed. Life is soooooo good.

Take care all xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Greetings & Happy March to all!
          Maybe we'll see some sun & warmth sometime this month. Not today though, just more snow & ice - bummer.

Rahul, life is wonderful when looking through sober eyes

Ava, Congrats on your 15 months AF!!!!
          You have a great life to look forward to & the joy of grandmother-hood is awesome.

Be well everyone!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congrats AVA you rock
            Rahul
            Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Congrats Ava
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Lav is fixing to celebrate 6 years! Are you the longest term person here? I dont recall seeing anyone with more time than you. That is just amazing! You are still my sHero! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie - I am starting to feel like the Dowager Countess of MWO! HA HA HA!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if anyone else with more AF time is still posting. Doggy Girl is known to check in once in a while. I followed in her footsteps when I first started
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Where is everyone?
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Lav
                      I haven't been here in awhile myself. Goona be awhile before any tilling is going to get done around here! Very wet and red clay takes forever to dry up enough to till. Spring in the air for you? I know old man winter can still throw a curve ball. Feels like that time of year is right around the bend. I DO NOT LIKE WAKING UP AN HOUR LATER!!
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Howdy! You are right Lav, this thread has been very quiet.

Sam I hear you on spring. I'm ready and have my tomato plant order in. I'm going to try a few new heirlooms this year. I can feel spring coming and I do look forward to getting out the tiller but as you said, its going to be awhile. Boy I'm with you on the time change. Someone told me that it dates back to WWI regardless they can keep it!
                        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Great to see you guys
                          I thought I was on this island alone, ha ha!!!

Sunny & muddy here Sam! They are talking about an inch or more of rain tomorrow too. My chickens will really be looking like hell by the end of the week!
                          TJ, as soon as the snow melts off of my raised beds I will be out there planting something too! It has been a long winter, glad it's about to be over
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav I know we aren't far apart so I know the planting zone. It about time to get your peas and lima beans in the ground. I like to get my tomatoes in before the 1st of may. I was thinking about raised beds this year. Maybe I'll finally put them in.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hey all! I sure with they'd quit monkey'ing around with the time...just leave it the way it is and NO more DST!! (I'm just bitter over having lost an hour of shut eye).

A couple nights ago I had a dream that I blew it. It was just awful, I was already in the cycle of how to get MORE! I woke up in a panic! So REAL! If there was ever any doubt that I'm an alkie, that dream put it to rest. I was just out with folks and thought that having a fruity AL drink wouldn't hurt anything! THEN BAM! I was scheming how to get more. I hate having those dreams, but maybe they serve as a good reminder of where I don't want to be!

Hope everyone is all set for a great week! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Boy those dreams really suck I have them every once and a while, and of all my dreams, those are the most vivid. The worst part is waking up and thinking there is some truth to it. I've even woken up with pseudo hangovers that faded shortly after my brain is awake. It's a great reminder of how insidious this disease really is. Not sure what all of you really think about PAWs but from what I have read the dreams thing is one of the symptoms.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Working...
                                X