No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyLuck, for me it does all to seem to be about gratitude, and recognizing how much better MY life is without alcohol. I don't really know how to change someone's perspective, but hanging out with those with similar thoughts helps me.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good to see you Myluck!
      Congrats on your AF time
      Changing our own thinking is difficult but certainly doable. Changing someone else's think is pretty much mission impossible in my experience. Perhaps if you remind him to think in terms of gratitude for all that's he's gain since he quit drinking - he has to want to change his thinking. You can't spend the rest of your life white knuckling if you know what I mean. Adopting a positive attitude & thinking in terms of gratitude does the trick!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just back from my National Sales meeting. Our last one was over 3 years ago....I went back to find my post then
        12-06-2011, 10:14 PM #16159
        Byrdlady
        Newbies Nest
        I had to pay 10 bucks for internet access at this resort in Ft Lauderdale to check in, and I'm so glad I did! Things going GREAT here....stuck with my water and to my amazement, not many questions...I just left a bunch of them down there all getting loud and messy. I will be so happy in the morning, knowing I got in at a good hour. Called my hubby and he was proud of me too. And then coming on here to see all the good wishes. Trust me when I say, I was one of the old reliable heavy drinkers at these things! This is a major turn for me, and I am so dam happy I could pop! I am doing it and it's not hard for me at all. Just said, NO, HELL NO! Sat down last night and the guy I was beside ordered 2 wines...when the waiter sat the one down, I said I didn't order that....and he took it back, no questions. I am so thrilled that all the anxiety I had about this has not come to pass.
        I am so proud of everyone! Andrew, stay the course....If I can do it, you can do it! I'd have had AL in my purse drinking it all day long on bathroom breaks here...so glad I'm not now.
        2 nights down, one to go. Thanks everybody!!! XXXOOO, Byrdie. END QUOTE

Returning to this same meeting three years later was like looking at a BEFORE and AFTER snapshot of myself. I was really nervous last time, this time I was confident and comfortable in my own skin.

If there us a moral to this story, its STAY THE COURSE! It was 1000 times easier to do this time. There was no pull at all!
        Yes, there were times when times were hard, but these results make it so worth it.
        Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi All,

It's great to see all long term abstainers going steady and doing well.

My luck : I am a male and I guess for me what appealed the most was pure logic. Logic which states that AL cannot help you to relax : it's a depressant ! It just gives that illusion. I suggest if you can hand over a book by Allan Caar " how to control drinking to your hubby" which explains this in more detail.

Byrdlady : I too like you have gone back to similar situations several times again. It was like déjà u except everytime it gave me more strength to stay on course.

Here's a thought : we don't quit anything by leaving alcohol , rather we gain a lot in life ! Then why is it that we use word "I quit" ...

Have a nice day
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Originally posted by Myluck View Post
            Hi!!!! Proud to tell it is day 475 for me. I feel great and very focused. Peaceful at the same time (this is from yoga I think - I had to plug it in lol). I recently was puzzled of the mentality my husband have on his quit and how different it is from my approach. So one of our friends was visiting town and we went out to eat. While waiting for food, my husband was telling about how hard his day at work was for him. This friend said: "it will be nice to have a cold one after all this" - and my husband said - "I wish I could". You can see that The fundamentally his quit approach is completely different from mine. I would say to that friend - "Not at all, I do not need drinks to relax" or something similar. So - any thoughts? Should I say something to my husband? I don't want bring it up if it is waiste of time.
            My luck Ill give you the guys take on your hubs answer. I'm guessing your friend was also a guy. It may be as simple as one guy reacting to another guy. Kinda like watching two guys talk sports ... it's a guy thing what can I say.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
              That's so true Sunbeam
              The dumb rodent saw his shadow so we're having 6 more weeks of winter ~ just as we always do, Ha Ha!!!
              You'd see your shadow too if you had a bunch of drunk dudes pull you out of bed by the scruff of your neck Ha.
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hello all,

I feel bad ! Past few weeks have just flown by. I have been travelling to Dubai and came back not feeling great coz my knee has been hurting. Ever since I have given up booze I have reduced my regular excercise, started eating more : carbs, chocolates, ice creams etc and working out less. But when ever I worked out I used to stretch it I guess a bit more. Past 2 months or so I have been jogging in cold and listening to audio books. My knee has taken a toll and I can't jog.

Then I see my kids growing up fast and I miss this phase of their life. I try my best to be with them.

Being unable to reduce weight as well as this bad knee , in able not to even workout is making me feel bad.

It also scares me if I am unable to run or jog it would be so bad....

Strange how we can take youth (which I am in now) and even Health for granted ! Only good part is I am not throwing away this to AL. Atleast that's the good positive part.

On work front things have been slow. But am at lease at myself except for this knee issue.
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Rahul, can you consider swimming or biking? Both can be great exercise without stressing the joints so much.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Whew! I'm finally back in the club! Anyway, just stopping in quickly to say hi. Going on vacation for 10 days in Las Vegas starting tomorrow and still got a bit left to do before I go! I'm planning to find a way to log in at least once a day, but I may not be able to log in, post, or read the forum as much as I usually do. It sounds scary to go to a place like Las Vegas with all the temptations, but I've done the trip many times without drinking and I'm not worried. Not taking it lightly at all, but not worried. And I've got great solid plans in place and plenty of offline support.

Have a great day everyone!
                    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Welcome back, Elvis! Hope Vegas is fun!

Comment

Well, today is 224 days AF. No significance to it. Just thought I would join the 100 day club. Have been reading the posts here for a while. I didn't want to be presumptuous and jump in too soon. I still feel like a Newbie here and don't think I will ever leave the Newbies Nest. I love that place. After all, every day is a NEW day. I'm looking forward to keep learning, expanding and growing here also.

Comment

Elvis, I am so happy to see you back over here! You are not allowed to leave the building again! Bwahahah.
                          If you want to email or text me, I can post your days for you....as you know, I check Roll Call many times a day. Just a thought. Enjoy your vacation!

AlPro, you are a real success story. You don't post much, but you are such a mainstay around here! I am so proud of your 224 days, that is tremendous in our world!! Thank you for posting and I look forward to seeing you!
                          Byride
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

ALPro, you might not know it but I have learned some important things from you. My bias is that being involved here by both reading and posting is critical for success. However, I've watched you rack up the days in Roll Call but not seen you post much else, at least in the threads I read. When I've caught myself being too dogmatic about what someone "should do" (only because that is what worked for me), I think of you and try to temper my language a bit :wink:.

If you feel like it, please tell us a bit about yourself. I know nothing but the one thing that is critical here - you're doing great :smile:!

So glad you joined in here, NS

Comment

Happy Friday 13th.... came on a Friday this month!!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Samstone, every third year it hits that way. XO, B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X