No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, TJ.... good points to ponder. I know I drank HARD for a long time, and I've only been sober 4 short years, so I imagine there is still a lot of healing to do up there! I know it scared the crap out of me!! A little honest fear never hurt anyone!! Hugs to you, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello everybody ❤️ I am stopping by to say today is day 506 for me being AF. I am doing great and my hubby too. Still practicing yoga 5 times a week. Lav - congrats on 6 years. I will bettere one day too !!! Miss everybody - stay warm.
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Saw my first groundhog today right at my back window! We just opened our greenhouse which funny enough, has lots of greens from the winter. Doesn't take long for them to lay to waste our bounty!! i sometimes think of getting another dog, but it was awful putting down our last two.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yes Byrdie, great idea ... I've got 27 days to go though to be able to join the club but please put me on the waiting list.
          I do find the nest extremely important though because although I may not be feeling the daily struggles that the newbies do, I find it very important to be constantly reminded of the difficulties of the first day/weeks and the dangers that lurk if we become complacent. And it's rewarding to see everyone doing so much better in their lives as they become AF.
          Go as far as you can see.
          When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
            Where is everyone?
            I'm here Lav but just lurking because I'm on the waiting list!
            Go as far as you can see.
            When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Hey guys! Haven't been here is a while but doing just fine.
              Coming up on day 300 this Friday. You know, I am STILL noticing that I am feeling and looking better as time passes. Yes, mostly due to no vino in my life, but also because I now am doing things I would never have done while obsessed with drinking.

I started horseback riding again and am really learning a lot about myself, how I look at many things in fearful way and how I do need to face my fears. A life motivated by fear is not for me.

Sending my best to you all!!
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Glad to see some activity from the old-bies here

TJ, I finally got my raised beds last year - they are awesome!!!!
                I need to get my plan together for this year's veggies, yay!!

Sam, I haven't seen a ground hog yet but I will ~ they are plentiful around here! My big dog goes after them, yuck.

Myluck, great on your 506 days! It just keep getting better!

mywayin, your seat in the 100 day club is ready for you

Eloise, 300 days - woo hoo! We'll be celebrating with you!

Did I miss anyone?
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Did the groundhog see his shadow? Because I can't take another 6 weeks of winter!!
                  11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Hey everyone, life is good. These days if I post at all, it is mostly on the gratitude thread.

Lav, I visited the Philly Flower show last week, and Longwood Gardens the next day before going home. As you have said, Longwood was better. We were there in the snowstorm, they opened Longwood just for our bus tour, and closed when we left.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Fin over here! 100 days today! WoooHooo! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Elvis, do not despair - Spring is definitely on the way

Sunbeam, I'm so glad you got to visit Longwood gardens! I was just there yesterday with my girls to see the orchid extravaganza & it was awesome! You were only about 22 miles away from me - wish I had known you were in town
                        For everyone else who is not able to go - take a look: http://longwoodgardens.org/events-an...d-extravaganza
                        The snow continues to melt, yay. Most of what's left is piled up in parking lots!!

Byrdie, we definitely do have to drag Fin over here!!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congrats Fin.

Sunbeam you were in my neck of the woods as well. Can't beat Longwood Gardens for sure Next time you pay us a visit you'll have to visit Winterthur as well.
                          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Have not been login and checking in here but have been going steady ...

Was in Colombo for business and fooled a person .... Made him drink beer. He was on the real thing and I was on bitburger zero non alcoholic one. He didn't knewofcourse.

For me however it felt like drinking horse piss. Can't believe beer could taste so bad.

Life's quite buses, will be going to Thailand next week for vacation. Knee still not good so can't run. How is everyone ?
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hey, hello to all MyWayOuters!

Good to see so many familiar 'names', along with lots of new ones. Hope all are doing well. I can't remember when I last posted, but it was a long time ago. Won't go into all the ups and downs to date; best thing is I remain Steadfast! My diary tells me I'm at Day 685. So Little Beagle and I are rapidly approaching two years!

best wishes to all, "see" you all again,
                              love,
                              Steady
                              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hey guys... i too haven't been posting so often here but do have a look around from time to time.
                                feeling pretty happy to have made it to month 10 and be feeling so glad about leaving my old pal wine behind.

things are rather upside down at home again, but I knew the quiet wouldn't last.
                                dealing though, yoga helps and my all too frequent headaches are also quite improved. I can only attribute it to the Yoga? No idea, but possible. I did read yoga can help with headaches. So, life is rather okay Rahul!
                                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                                X