100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey TJ, Winterthur is nice too

Rahul, you sure sound like a busy guy. Hope everything is OK!

Steady, haven't seen you in ages but glad you are OK. Coming up on two years = awesome!!

Eloise, I would think if your headaches are tension related then yoga would likely be a big help. Glad you are doing well.

We are on the countdown to Spring now - yay!!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Steady! Glad you dropped by. Can't wait to celebrate year 2 with you.

Congratulations and welcome, Fin.

Rauhl - sorry about your knee. Mine has never healed, so I switched from running to hiking hills. The bummer is that it takes longer to get good exercise, but I love it and it is great meditation.

Sorry things are upside down, El.

My life is busy in mostly the good way - I made a pact with myself to say "full" instead of busy. I have to keep reminding myself to not make so many plans...

Hope all is well.

Pav

Comment

Hi guys,

I am up really early. Yesterday sucked, hd depressed and I cannot handle him. He is unhappy so making sure I am too. So nice. I want my old drama free life back.
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Yup, I guess they must be tension related. Gee, I wonder what is causing all that tension?
          Let me guess?

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
          Hey TJ, Winterthur is nice too

Rahul, you sure sound like a busy guy. Hope everything is OK!

Steady, haven't seen you in ages but glad you are OK. Coming up on two years = awesome!!

Eloise, I would think if your headaches are tension related then yoga would likely be a big help. Glad you are doing well.

We are on the countdown to Spring now - yay!!!
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Its quite strange how and in what direction life takes you.

I recently bought a new cycle and have been driving around the evening and mornings. I never noticed on the road how many people cycled around. While I used to either run or drive in the car I never noticed people who were cycling on the street. However, now when I started doing it I realized ....I am not the onLy one.

A strange contrast ... When I was drinking during those days I used to feel ... What the heck ... The whole world drinks ... I should too ....

When I stopped it felt like ... the whole world does NOT drink !! There are so many people who walk around the bar and stay sober. Then their are those folks who dont drink at all!! Seeing people drinking and watching them getting sunk .. I feel pity...

I had these thoughts while cycling around today .... And thought of sharing ...
            Rahul
            --------------------------------------------
            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
            Rebooting ... done ...
            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hello 100+ peeps! Nice to pop in and see such success! I don't recognize everyone but I'm very happy to join you.

Love your mentality about having a "full" schedule PAV... "busy" seems so tedious and unimportant. Rahul - I enjoy reading your thoughts. It IS interesting how many people don't much participate in getting sloshed all the time.

Eloise, sorry the drama is loud right now for you. Those husbands are influential. Mine is unhappy with his job right now, and we all feel it.

Anyway, I'm a different person now after 100 days - in so many good ways. If only we were allowed a glimpse of it early on, more people would make it long term!
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

a huge congratulations on 100 days Kensho. I missed this so my apologies for the tardiness. I wish i had a glimpse also of what it was like to be sober for a stretch but alas no. Its hard telling the newbies that life does get better and better but when we feel deprived of what we loved no amount of words helps unless everything is set in place. I am glad you found your place.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome, Kensho

That's why it is important in my opinion for at least some people to hang around the NN sometimes and hopefully show the people who are starting out that it can be done and how great life can be. They could find that out if they read some of the other threads like the daily abstainers or the army or ladies on a mission but I think many people just stick close to the nest.

It's been fun to watch you realize how much better life is without that awful millstone around your neck!!

xx, NS

Comment

Hello Everyone, I had the craziest experience today. For starters, I have been super stressed, in pain, and worried. So I am in the drug store today and I literally heard a voice in my head saying "just buy some wine, you can drink it before anyone gets home, you can forget the pain and worry, no one will ever know". I felt like for a second like reaching out for it. Then I yelled at myself (in my head) to get the f**k out of here now! I did, pronto. That truly was the first time in 10 months I was even seriously tempted. It's like the devil himself was trying to make me cave. Damn, for all my hubris I feel afraid and not as sure as I did, the temptation was so incredibly strong.

Comment

Congratulations on handling that tough situation, Cherokeer. Coming here and posting about it was a great thing to do!

From what I've observed, it's pretty important for you to be extra-vigalent for a time now. You made it through the crisis but that unwanted idea is in your brain. Maybe you could do some brain-rewiring by writing down what you like about your sober life and why you don't want to go back to where you were. Or, read through some threads here -- the stories will remind you why you quit drinking and don't want to do it again.

I'm sorry something is making you so unhappy right now. I hope you're still having time to enjoy your new granddaughter.

Keep strong, Cherokeer. :hug:

Comment

Nosugar, I am really blown away because I don't normally ever feel like drinking. My memories of being a drunken hot mess still keep me up at night. Never going back there again. But I think for that moment the "not feeling, not caring" of momentary drunkenness felt so very appealing. Tired of hurting, But its better than the alternative. I guess. I get to spend a lot of time with my granddaughter. She is smiling now. She is just perfect. :happy2:

Comment

Cherokeer, I've also been having some pain issues, and it certainly brought back the memories of dealing with pain by drinking. Thankfully, I know now that will not be my choice, but the thought does pop up. Stay strong, sister!
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sun, I will. Hopefully, it will get better soon for both of us. I hate feeling all beat up and exhausted. At least I run away when lizard brain rears its ugly head. lol

Comment

Kensho, welcome
                              Glad you are an official 100+ day member now!

Chero, don't worry that the thoughts pop up but be proud that you know how to deal with them! That is major progress!!! It takes us all time to rewire our brains & learn new, healthier coping methods. Enjoy that granddaughter

I have personally had more aches & pains the past two weeks than I did all winter. We've also had lingering snow on the ground. Too damp for me I guess.
                              Tomorrow is the first day of spring & we are going to be blessed with more snow. Can anyone say 'global warming'?
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning! I'm having a hard time being focused on work. Been working too hard lately, I guess, and the sunshine and chirping birds (contrary to you LAV) are sounding so much more appealing! Have to get a few things out the door though.

Anyone else schedule spa treatments with the money they save not buying alcohol? I love this part!
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X