100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Great to see you back in the club G-Man!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

No deserting us again Mr G :hug:!

Comment

Outstanding!!!!!!
        A very proud day, Mr G, very proud of you. Keep up the great work! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by guitarista View Post
          great stuff tj!

I'm sober too, after all these days......100 to be exact! Now, lemme saddle up this green thing and see what's out there..........:llama:
          alright!!!!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Londoner, welcome to the 100Day Club! Well done!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Excited to come in to work this morning to see a gift of chocolate from a coworker sitting on my desk. Then I noticed it was brandy-filled chocolate. Ugh! Glad I read the packaging before I dove into it! I successfully traded another coworker for his hazelnut flavored truffles instead. Yum!

Moral of the story, always be aware! Protect your quit!

Have a great day everyone!
              11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Well done Elvis! You never know what might trigger a relapse so why risk it?

On a trip to the Caribbean a couple of years ago, I ordered a non-alcoholic pina colada. I could smell the rum in it before it was put in front of me. I asked the server why there was rum in my drink, she smiled and said she didn’t think there was but would check with the bartender. Yup. There was rum in it.

I don’t know what ended that quit but at least it wasn’t that particular pina colada!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

It is smart to check, Elvis - great that you read the label - and it's fortunate the rum had a recognizable odor, QW! But at some point, I don't think we should beat ourselves up (or restart a day count) if we inadvertently and innocently consume a bit of alcohol. Once we're no longer physically addicted, it is a mental game and our intent matters. I've been in social situations where, after we've already eaten, someone mentions that there was wine in the stew or amaretto in marmalade. I wouldn't have chosen these dishes if I'd known about that but in any case, I didn't develop any cravings or other ill effects - perhaps because the alcohol had been cooked off or perhaps because I was unaware that I was consuming it and wasn't looking for trouble. It concerned me much more when a few years ago, I tried to replicate my drinking experience using dealchoholized wine. Of course it didn't work without the drug in there (and in fact, tasted gross) but what worried me was that I wanted to feel like drinking used to make me feel (or not feel, to tell the truth). I immediately vowed not to mess with the fake stuff - because unlike accidental ingestion, that messed with my head!

Comment

No sugar. I'll still cook with wine it doesn't trouble me in the least. I've had a "near beer" mostly when well meaning friends have served it. No troubled by that as well. Had to laugh thinking back when I tried AF wine. My brain screamed at my mouth to get it out now! Horrendous. ...and yes do check those drinks. Ive had people hand me alcohol, some innocently and others not so innocently.
                    Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

It seems to be an individual decision. I have two small bottles of white wine in a cupboard for cooking. I can't stand cooking wine in recipes. Those bottles have been there for a few months. I forget about them until I open that particular cupboard.

Next time I make lemon chicken I will use one and will ensure I cook the alcohol out.

For some of my close friends, having alcohol in their house is a big no, no. They don't want to take the risk. For others, cooking with wine is not an option.

I have been blessed by God to lose the obsession of alcohol. It took months of work, prayers, meditation, etc. I finally achieved it and would not do anything to bring that obsession back into my life.

Whatever it takes...
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi, [MENTION=2977]Cinders[/MENTION]

I'm with you! The obsession crowded out everything else in my life. Whenever it crosses my mind that a drink would be nice, all I have to do is remember how awful it is to have everything be about the next drink, and it is pretty easy to just let it go. Congratulations on your 2 years of AFreedom! NS

Comment

I had such a hard time making my quit stick that I'm afraid to temp the AL gods in any way! Years ago I had some ravioli that I later learned had a white wine sauce and at some point years ago, I ate around a cheesecake that had a Bailey's glaze on it. If AL weren't a THING with me, I prolly wouldn't remember those two obscure times! I don't cook very much anymore, most of the dishes I used to cook didn't have wine in them, only the cook did. Those weren't the days. Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Cinders View Post
                            It seems to be an individual decision. I have two small bottles of white wine in a cupboard for cooking. I can't stand cooking wine in recipes. Those bottles have been there for a few months. I forget about them until I open that particular cupboard.

Next time I make lemon chicken I will use one and will ensure I cook the alcohol out.

For some of my close friends, having alcohol in their house is a big no, no. They don't want to take the risk. For others, cooking with wine is not an option.

I have been blessed by God to lose the obsession of alcohol. It took months of work, prayers, meditation, etc. I finally achieved it and would not do anything to bring that obsession back into my life.

Whatever it takes...
                            Happened to check MWO today and am so happy for you!.. Have wondered a few times how your doing. Remember your story. If you can I can!? Blessings to you and you family!... Thank you so much for coming back here and sharing Cinders!..

Comment

Here I am ....
                              here I go ....

I listen to MetallicaÂ’s old number. One I used to listen when I was lot younger. Early nineties ... magical time.

Here I am ..
                              on road again ......

As the music moves on , reminding me old times. I think and think .... about life

LifeÂ’s sometimes I feel is not fair. Or should See the way my mind sees my life is not fair.
                              I remember one first time my dad got me that Guniness Record cassette sometime in mid 1987.
                              Cassette wrapped in green box which I still remember.

Metallica ....One ! What a wonderful song.

But tonight I am having trouble sleeping. One of those disappointing week.
                              Well when I was expecting a big business deal
                              The deal came but lot less bells and whistles
                              Disappointment

But I am used to disappointments in my life
                              Missing out childhood due to financial issues
                              Falling in wrong girl not one but two times.
                              Not having friends ... due to extreme reserved nature which I have and still have

But human minds are not fair
                              They tend to see negative things
                              In life

Happiness ...
                              is relative
                              Am I happy ?
                              Or do I have to make myself “happy” ?
                              By drinking, or exposing myself to what life has to offer?

“Time” ... another great song my Pink Floyd
                              What magical time it must have been ... 60Â’s
                              I wasnÂ’t born then
                              But I see people of that generation ... happy

But why am I so sad tonight
                              Scribling random thoughts
                              In middle of night

I wonder why my mind sees what I donÂ’t have
                              Why canÂ’t it see what I have ..

Recovery was hard
                              But 4 years on I am still recovering
                              Learning to live life
                              Learning for find love and peace

I am grateful that now I realize that Alchol is not the way
                              Facing lifeÂ’s itÂ’s ups and downs

Let me not bore you all my my thoughts
                              Just pooped in here
                              On a rather selfish reason
                              To vent out
                              Speak out
                              Cry out

Surrounded by family and friends
                              I am alone
                              When will I change ?
                              Rahul
                              --------------------------------------------
                              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                              Rebooting ... done ...
                              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Rahul, Im sorry you are so down. I lost a big deal two years ago (when I first started my new job) and Im still not over it. THAT hurt and I felt exactly the same as you....life isn t fair. But you know, Time heals a lot of things...last month, I learned that the deal I thought that customer made with the other company didnt happen. They only did 3 stores! I was so hurt after I lost that deal that I never followed back up with them. Looks like now I have another chance!
                                You have so much to be thankful for...your sobriety at the top of that list, you have friends here, too, lots of them!
                                Thank you for checking in. Stat close. I hope your mood lifts soon. Thinking of you. Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X