100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Congratulations on the big 100 hyper. I thought the same at 100 days and then thought "do i want to ever start again or do i just plod along day by day". That plodding along has gotten me to nearly 3 1/2 years and never at 100 days did i think i would ever say that. Ask yourself what will happen if you do drink, what satisfaction will al give you? Was i happy drinking? Is my life better now? What could/would i lose if i drank?

Believe me when not drinking becomes the norm, believe me when i say it gets better as time goes on and believe in yourself that you can be sober FOREVER. forever to me was a dirty word, god forbid i didnt drink forever but now i know i wont ever drink again and i cant ever drink as if i do drink i will be living the hell i was in for 10 plus years. i will lose what i have gained in life and no amount of al is worth that.

Pull all the grateful out that you can think of Hyper. This will pass until the next time and these feelings get less and less as time goes on. You are doing great and i bet so many other wish they were at 100 days.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Hypernova View Post
      Hi everyone. Here I am at day 100 and not having a great day. Not a bad day just kinda blah. So I thought on checking out this thread. Actually I guess after arriving at 100 I am thinking sh!t how can I keep doing this? I'm not sure I can to be honest. Thanks idefineme for the reading material it may just be destiny. So I am off to read my Kindle and get through another day AF. I know ODAT got me to this point and it IS the only way forward it seems. Tomorrow is another day. See you good people at 101.
      Congratulations on this milestone, Hypernova. Hang on to those triple digits! Like Ava said, while this may still seem hard, it isn't nearly as hard as starting over (which, since you made it to MWO you likely will have to do if you if you choose to give up this quit because you must have found a drinking life too much to handle. You can be pretty sure nothing has changed in that department during the last 100 days, I'm afraid).

Taking it a day or a moment at a time is really all any of us can do given that the only moment we have is the one we're in! But there are things you can do to make this less of a daily struggle. If you keep noticing everything in your life that is better because you don't drink (down to the tiniest thing like actually brushing your teeth every night), over time these little observations can build up into feelings of gratitude. Your feeling that you "can't drink" can evolve to you "don't want to drink" and one day you'll realize you "don't have to drink ever again". It is not deprivation - it is LIBERATION!

Pay attention to the thoughts that take you in the direction you want to go and let the destructive ones go. You'll have them (we all do!), but they don't mean anything in and of themselves and you don't need to perseverate on them or take the action.

I hope you take a look at the book Idefineme recommended - it might change the way you look at the whole process. All the best, NS

Comment

GMAE all. [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION], being here at day 101 right alongside you I can only share what is keeping me focused at the moment. I have a picture in my head of how I want my life to be and everyday I focus on that, try to see it, smell it,taste it, touch it, hear it. And I know that if I drink I would miss out on all of that. Then I focus on what I can do TODAY to bring me closer to that perfect ordinary day, not my ideal day but a a perfect ordinary day. Then I'm not choosing not to do something, I'm choosing to do something OVER drinking. That day is the star I have set my course by and I find it exciting to think what new vision will dawn once I come into that port. Of course none of that would be possible without the stars of gratitude that fill the sky over my head today. Today we are creating that tomorrow and every time we choose it we are choosing our destiny. Just a thought and maybe a bit of a ramble. :happy2:

What book?
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Wow, what can I say. Thanks available, NoSugar and of course my quit buddy Orimus! That's why I have returned to this site several times to give quitting AL another go. The feelings and thoughts conveyed here are what help to make this possible. I also know that it is me who has to change. Not so much my life or who I am but my attitude on using booze to escape. Fill in the blank _______. My family, work, health, relationships, aging, screwy world, finances, should of could of & whatever else I need a break from. It's just that the down side of drinking has become too pricey for me. I really wonder. Is this quit possible for the long term? I have really tried many times but something always, always pulls me back. I am going to make a list of the things that I appreciate more when sober. Sometimes it's just the breeze on my face that I notice & how alive it can make me feel w/o a hangover. Exercise, especially cycling is my joy. It is sooooo much better when the body is not drained by the daily intake of booze. My pup also deserves more than me hanging out in bed w/a hangover. So thanks again guys for the support. I am going to give this my best ODAT.

Orimus, the book is Death Wish. See you at 102.
          Last edited by Hypernova; May 11, 2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Orimus, I check in at MWO daily, and post when I have something to add. Mostly I post on the gratitude thread, and I try hard not to miss the Sunday Shout Out thread. These reminders seem to be what it takes for me to stay sober.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Greetings, MWO people! Hope everyone's well.

It's been a long time since I've been on here. Pleased to say am still strong, still Steady! Life continues to throw 'curve balls', but so long as I stay sober I will cope.

Happy weekend,
              Steady
              :thumbsup:
              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

I was driving home from work yesterday admiring the beautiful clear skies and thinking about how when I got home I would open all the windows and let in some fresh air and sit out on the deck with an iced tea and relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. Then it hit me how I never cared about this stuff when I was drinking. My thoughts driving home were always along the lines of do I have enough alcohol at home and do I need to stop for more and why is this traffic so damn slow it's cutting into my drinking time.

It's little things like this that remind me how far I've come and how much of life I was missing. This is why I protect my quit at any cost. Things are so much better without alcohol in my life. I'm never going back.
                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Elcis, how beautifully written. Thank you for putting words to it...deep gratitude that we are breaking the cycle. No wonder you are the King!
                  Your Fan, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just stopping by to say HELLO to everyone!
                    I keep forgetting about this thread although I remain as grateful as ever to be here

Hi there Steady, Elvis & Byrdie!

Be well everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey back, Lav!
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congrats to abcowboy on 1000 days!

Comment

Day 103 here, nice to be back in the 100 day club.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wooohooo! Nice toing QW! Great to see you back! Hope all is well! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Howdy. Just a quick flyby to say hello and to check up on folks. I'm still sober after all these years. :happy2:
                              Last edited by TJAF; November 6, 2017, 09:25 PM.
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Great stuff TJ!

I'm sober too, after all these days......100 to be exact! Now, lemme saddle up this green thing and see what's out there..........:llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X