Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Well done Laeot,

re your dui can you get some letters from your dr or anyone else that knows how far you have come & also explain the situation to your solicitor & ask the judge for a second chance.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

In Ireland you could possibly get away with. Australia they won't let you

Comment

Hey.
        I guess one never outgrows this site, this is where the magic happens.

Well today is 1012 days I have sober.
        I am going to copy this post into the newbie nest as inspiration.
        So I returned a week ago from spending a week with my old best friend from college and drinking buddy. I didn't really think of her as such though. She had stopped drinking for some 10 years and she is back into it with a vengeance.
        No, I didn't drink. I wasn't even afraid I might drink to be honest.
        She is drinking hard, talking about it like it is some sort of good thing.
        I don't know. It isn't a couple, it is more like an entire of bottle of Vodka a night. Its just so strange to watch.
        I was drinking like that too in the end, except I was doing it in private. She is very public about it.
        I am hoping it runs it's course sooner versus later.

The inspiring part is we can still spend time together, support each other, with one sober and the other not.
        This is indeed a friendship that has endured the test of time. Her ex is dying of pancreatic cancer as well very sad.

I will be there for her when she quits too. It will happen, that I am sure of.
        I hope everyone is doing stellar, going to nose around.
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I'm a little late for the party but welcome Wine-No
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
            Well done Laeot,

re your dui can you get some letters from your dr or anyone else that knows how far you have come & also explain the situation to your solicitor & ask the judge for a second chance.
            Thanks Mario, but the judges don't have any discretion on these matters if I'm found guilty .. my problem is that I have not heard a thing since it happened which is close to a year now .. I'd like to think no news is good news but deep down I know it won't just go away ...

Anyway 345 days sober now so every cloud has a silver lining ...
            ------------------------------------------------
            AF 17th March 2016

Comment

Live & learn Laeot, that's all we can do and very well done on your 345 days clean, that is fantastic.

Comment

Thanks for all the good wishes. 154 days today.

I hope it all works out, Laeot x
                AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

There is not a 3000 plus thread so I just put this here :-)

Comment

Hello All,

Its been a while since I posted here. I have been clean and sober since 3 plus years now.

But am I free of additions!? Sometime I do analyze myself. I am what you call an additive personality.i got this crazy monster inside my mind who needs to be
                    fed with some activities. Something to satisfy him. What used to be AL to keep him happy now is lots of things. Food, icre creams (I have been having ice cream EVERYDAY) since the day I left AL. And then cycling which I found to be quite rewarding. And then coffee...

But sometime I wonder and I the only one like that who needs to DO/consume something to satify myself. I do wonder...
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hi Rahul,
                      Well done on your 3 years clean from alcohol,

All of us to come here to this forum are addicts, that's why were here & if it wasn't alcohol it be something else, When I eat chocolate or ice-cream I cant just have the one, I cant, So I had to stop eating it all together, same with biscuits & cake, For me this addiction is not just a physical craving but a mental one to, We always have to be careful of not switching one addiction for another, Anyway its good to see you post & wish you all the best :-)

Comment

Hey Mario,

You are right. We are addicts. And I have to addicted to something. When I was drinking I always wanted more.... And more and MORE!!

Now I try to balance myself with other addictions : coffee, icecreams, chocolates, food and cycling. Now I also focus on riding more and MORE. After doing 100km ride thrn 125 km now aiming for 180 km...

Cheers
                        Rahul
                        --------------------------------------------
                        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                        Rebooting ... done ...
                        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

I am working hard to try and ensure that I find balance and do not replace my smoking and drinking with other addictions.

This involves me returning again and again to the 'now' and reminding myself how good 'now' is.

It is a work in progress

Comment

hey, [MENTION=19781]Rahulthesweet[/MENTION], good to see you here. I just was reading how you like to keep adding things to your list of activities ... or addictions.
                            I'm currently reading a fascinating, well-written book about addiction and addition that you might benefit from. It's Death Wish: The Path through Addiction to a Glorious Life. Just a lot of what you wrote above reminded me of what I've been reading and it might give you some insight. Good luck.
                            "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                            “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hi everyone. Here I am at day 100 and not having a great day. Not a bad day just kinda blah. So I thought on checking out this thread. Actually I guess after arriving at 100 I am thinking sh!t how can I keep doing this? I'm not sure I can to be honest. Thanks idefineme for the reading material it may just be destiny. So I am off to read my Kindle and get through another day AF. I know ODAT got me to this point and it IS the only way forward it seems. Tomorrow is another day. See you good people at 101.

Comment

funny that I just finished reading that book within the half hour and I come here to see your post, [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION] :hug: Congratulations on day 100! I think that is phenomenal and I hope you keep at it. Nothing worth having is easy, right? It really is a good read, and I hope it offers you some insight and comfort to keep you going. Take good care of yourself.
                                "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                                “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X