Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

there you go with prisons again K9.....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ahhh, that sweet Dairy-air!!!! :H:H:H

We are approaching body parts again, where's Patrick?!

My new glasses are making me motion sick! I'm wearing a pair now from 2 prescriptions back...

The Bat/Fly is still in the house. He's fast whatever he is. XXOO, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

I lost my post. I'm still laughing. :H So, many grrt threads happening all over. I love it!....

I have no time now to answer ?'s. Esp ones pertaining to, see below. Waxes, glasses, flies, prisons, body parts.

OMG the piccies I just saw. No they weren't x rated. That poor dog.

I have a plan to be safe out there. Taking you lovely, smart, funny, crazy, peeps with me, to protect me from all real feckers out there.

In short about 3-4 wks ago I didn't even know what day of the wk my big milestone landed on. Other times when I think to much on it, I get a little teary eyed.

Have a grrt sober day.

Comment

There is a small horse farm directly across the road from me. It's so cool o see the baby horses romping around this time of year

Byrdie, my insurance pays for an eye exam & new glasses every two years. My grandkids all but destroyed the pair I got less than a year ago so I'm using an older pair now too, oh well.

So K9, what are the cows in for??? :H :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross posted Wildflowers.
            Be happy
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

baby horsies....happy thoughts!!

Comment

Comment

:H PQ!!!
                  You always find the best pictures!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande;1500904 wrote: :H PQ!!!
                    You always find the best pictures!
                    :h

Comment

I was horrified to learn that it is now an act of terrorism in the US just to film and distribute that film, of animals being kept in inhumane conditions.

A lady in Utah filmed,from a public road, a cow, which could not walk, being pushed by a tractor and she was prosecuted and faced five years in jail.

It is an offence on the basis that it might influence public opinion and disrupt the food chain since folk might boycott that supplier.

Comment

what?? crazy

Comment

Here is a link......

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/us...anted=all&_r=0

Comment

That sure is some crazy stuff kuya
                            I recently heard a former farm worker interviewed on NPR. He described despicable acts he witnessed - disgusting.
                            It all makes me happier to be consuming less & less animal products
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande;1501006 wrote: That sure is some crazy stuff kuya
                              I recently heard a former farm worker interviewed on NPR. He described despicable acts he witnessed - disgusting.
                              It all makes me happier to be consuming less & less animal products
                              Me too. Another benefit of sobriety is that I desire less meat. Only once a week now. I wonder why that is so, perhaps my sober self 'feels' better and discerns better what it really needs.

The extremely high consumption and promotion of meat drives the appalling circumstances in which animals are raised IMO. When I was a child meat was a once or twice a week offering, now people eat meat and chicken twice daily.

Comment

Yes, that happened to me too. I just started eating less and less meat to the point where we decided to just go all the way. I think I had always wanted to do it, but alcohol robbed me of all my time and ambition to learn how to cook lots of vegetarian food. I was another one who loved to drink and cook. Exploring vegetarianism has re-opened my enthusiasm for cooking and it feels great too. I am so far from militant about it, and I actually allow myself chicken wings when the urge hits (just can't give that up). There is just a whole world of stuff that is great tasting and great for you.

Sorry to have been a stranger for about a week. I lost my best friend and dog of 14 years and took it really hard. We had to put her down and I just felt so numb for a bit. I got to be there with her at the end, but it was tough. In the lead up to that, some relic of that lizard-alcoholic brain kept suggesting to me that drinking would help. It wasn't a craving, or urge, just a whimpering little voice. I sat with those feelings for a bit, and learned from it. I think it is just that I would have always dealt with this kind of thing by drinking in the past, but that is not part of my life now. I was kind of surprised by the intensity of the emotions I had (as opposed to being numb and drunk), but there is so much more resolution to facing this event sober. Have a great AF night, friends.
                                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                                X