100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lav, with all due respect, I have never hugged....nor considered hugging a chicken. Call me crazy, but heretofore I've stuck with hugging things that don't peck back. But I'm nothing if not open-minded, so next chicken I see, I'll check out your theory. Wish me luck. Do you have to know the chicken to get the full effect or can it be a stranger?

I thought I had the battle of the ants licked, so to speak, but I am seeing residual traces of the darn things. I must put some more stuff out.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sattidy!! It is a beautiful day in NC!!! Hugs all, t
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie - here's how to hug a chicken

AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav! LOVE the chicken-huggin picture!

Oh Byrdie...I had a peanut butter/ant battle a few weeks ago myself so I feel your pain. I suggest you just get an anteater like I did. Lol

Well my foot is still broken. Just thought I'd update you all. Haha

Hey it's 8:10pm....time for bed!

Love y'all!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Lav!!! :H:H:H
          How precious is THAT??? So that's how you hug a chicken!!!! Now I know! You are a peach for posting that! The chicken also seems to be enjoying the experience!!!

K9, I'm sorry your foot remains broken. There's just nothing good to say about that....perhaps you could now enter that Arse kicking contest we've always heard about? (Busier than a one leg-ged man in an arse kicking contest). Sorry, that was irreverent. I hope you mend quickly. Thanks for the props about the ants, it was a bad day.

Hugs to all!! Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! XO, Byrdie
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, that my grandson EB (Energizer Bunny) :H
            He's 4 1/2 & thinks he owns the chickens. He was here today & hugging the same (I think) chicken :H They are large birds but quite docile & just love him!

Now that you mention it I have noticed increased ant activity yesterday & today. Time to refresh the Terro!

K9, I hate to tell you but that foot is going to be broken for a while
            I hope you are getting around OK

Long day & I'm tuckered out!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Guys, dropped into this forum seeking a bit of advice please. This is the first time I have faced certain special days completely sober relating to my husband and mother who I lost 8 & 6years ago. I know its said that time is a great healer and I always thought I was coping well but since I sobered up the grief has hit me like a sledge hammer and I don't quite know what (if anything) I can do about it. Has this happened to anybody else here and does it get easier to cope with as time passes?

Sorry if I've upset anybody

Sylv
              AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Hi Sylv!
                Glad you dropped in today! You've done such a great job kicking AL out of your life.
                I'm sorry you are missing your loved ones but that is completely normal. I think we need to learn to really feel our grief without the influence of AL, deal with the feelings then live for today. My mom has been gone for nearly 27 years, I still miss her but the pain is gone. I smile when I think or her, remember all the good things & keep her in my heart
                Have you thought about seeing a grief counselor? Maybe talking with someone face to face would help.
                You can talk about anything here - you won't upset anyone, I promise
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Talk away Spidey...we are here for you! I don't have a lot of advice to offer you, but I'm here sending you hugs :l
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks Lavande & K9 for your kindness
                    AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

spiderwoman;1520783 wrote: Hi Guys, dropped into this forum seeking a bit of advice please. This is the first time I have faced certain special days completely sober relating to my husband and mother who I lost 8 & 6years ago. I know its said that time is a great healer and I always thought I was coping well but since I sobered up the grief has hit me like a sledge hammer and I don't quite know what (if anything) I can do about it. Has this happened to anybody else here and does it get easier to cope with as time passes?

Sorry if I've upset anybody

Sylv
                      Hi Sylv:l

Lost my own Mum 9 yrs ago. I drank before she got ill, more heavily through her illness and through nursing her over the final months and continued drinking up until just over 5 months ago. I've never 'proper' grieved for her and there are times when the pain of realising she is gone is simply unbearable. I used to 'drink at' that pain, now I have to 'feel' it and move through it without the balm of booze. Tis not pleasant..
                      Im not in a place yet to say whether time is a great healer or not. But have decided to give grieving a chance now without drowning it out.

I'd imagine it's absolutely natural for the terrible grief of losing both your Mum and husband to hit you like a sledge hammer now that you can really and truly 'feel'

Allow yourself to grieve and to feel your loss,

Im very sorry for your losses btw:l

Comment

Hi Sylv,
                        I'm thinking you need to create a memory activity, something you do that they would have liked, instead of drinking.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Spider, I can't add much to the already wonderful words given..

I lost my dad in January and sometimes it hits me like a brick wall. BUT, my first reaction now is NOT to drown it away! I work thru it and try to know that these things are beyond my control. Nothing I can do right now will make him come back to me...certainly nothing in a bottle....so I sort thru the grief and try to use the same techniques as I did in tackling this other relationship I lost...ALCOHOL.
                          I'm sure that didn't help, but please know we are thinking of you and holding you close in our hearts. Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy Summer Solstice everyone
                            Looking forward to another hangover free summer - yes!!!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Would like to join the thread as I now have those 100 days AF, never, ever could have done it without the help of the MWO, specifically the Nest and the monthly threads. Am commited to continuing an AF life, but realize that the support and dialogue is necessary to keep AL at bay. The Longterm Abstainers are a true inspiration, thank you for everything you do for the newbies!
                              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Welcome, Halo, and congratulations on reaching 100 days. You might enjoy reading back, we've had some interesting conversations.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X