100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo, it's a fine line between helping and running people off. I tell you, the truth goes a long way around here. If 9 people walk off a cliff and die, do you really think you are going to be the 1 person who doesn't? All of us who are beating this thing have a couple things in common, we don't drink AT ALL, we don't plan to, and we are open minded and are capable of listening to others who have gone before us. And we all admit we are ALK. You are doing just fine in what you are doing...you don't need us to tell you how to help! You are a natural at it! It does get frustrating when the AL speaks louder than we do....it is much more powerful than we are. Many have asked me why I have so much patience with folks who continue to fall and get up and fall again. I say that's easy, I WAS that person. That last time, it just stuck! I like helping newbies....sort of feels like my niche. Maybe it's yours too! I hope so. It is rewarding! Hugs to you...Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Halo, you truly are helping people right now just by coming back each & every day.
      I really don't think we need to do any profound teaching, just share what worked for us
      It's really up to each individual to pick & choose their tools, put a plan together & hop on the sober bus!

Often it's the little things that make a big difference. I read several years ago 'nothing changes if nothing changes'. That just smacked me in the face....that statement made me hop right on the sober bus & stay put
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for the tips Byrdie and Lav, two things I know for sure: I can finally admit I am an ALK (most definitely can never moderate) and I'm hopping on the sober bus to stay! Thanks for starting the engine, and keeping the bus running for the rest of us...
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

We like a full sober bus halo
          Stick with us, we're heading in the right direction, for sure!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello Halo....or dya fancy hallo halo ?firstly well done on your 100days brilliant..like you I would not have done it without the support of others on this site..and in return they get my crap jokes:H:H..seriously tho.I feel if you can help just one person then the jobs worth it.I would like to thank you as I am sure everyone else does, for the help you have already given,and your future help ..welcome to the most exclusive club in the world ...well we think so!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, your jokes are NEVER stale! I don't know how you do it! You are a real treasure yourself!!
              K9, how you doing over there? Here's hoping (that's HOPING, not hopping) you are doing ok. Can I send you some yarn or something?
              Hugs to all, this is a very good place to be! XO, Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

100 days is marvelous Halo! Glad you're here. Love the sober bus...better than the magic bus!
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Thanks, you can say hallo halo, or olah halo (notice olah is halo spelled backward!), pretty much anything goes as long as this forum continues to help me in my quest to remain AF
                  Am truly hoping to encourage someone to make that turn around, there were many here who did that for me.. Loving the sober bus as well, just wondering if the cravings ever truly end????
                  On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Mick;1524805 wrote: ..welcome to the most exclusive club in the world ...well we think so!!!
                    Loving the club especially the support and the jokes, "Just do your best friend." was a running one for awhile on the nest...:H

Comment

Halo...that was my question for a long time!! Do you EVER get to a point where you do not have those cravings....the answer is Hell Yeah! As you know, at the point where you are now, they aren't really cravings...they are thoughts. Strong thoughts, but not really like the cravings we had in the first 3 weeks, right? Now mind you, I am a stubborn case...and I've looked at this because I was such a slow learner....you will get your mojo at around 6 months. I remember I was at 9 months and Nelz was talking about how he never had cravings anymore....he felt normal and all the good stuff. I was just beginning to feel that at 9. I have paid attention and most people get it at 6 months. However, this is also when people think they are 'cured'!!! So you must be mindful not to get a big head and leave us. It's a different world out there...it's a world that will tell your addicted head the sweet nothings it wants to hear! That's why the likes of us keep our butts velcro'd down here!!
                      I'm so PROUD of you, Halo!!! You are such a joy to read!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Halo, you can do a lot to help end those 'thoughts'.
                        Stopping drinking is just the first step. The next step is finding a suitable replacement. That can be in the form of a new hobby, distracting yourself with a good book, taking a walk, cooking/baking, whatever you like to do. I found a lot of great stuff online at Online Library | The Chopra Center
                        Do whatever you have to do to protect your quit
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Halo, i found the " 100 things to do to stay sober" list very helpful. You don't just quit drinking. You have to make a lot of changes in your life, an ongoing process. I posted the list on the toolbox thread.

The editor of a local garden magazine is coming to my house Monday. My gardens have never looked better. More sun from a tree removal over the winter has helped, as well as ample June rain. But this certainly wouldn't have happened if I were still drinking. And my overall health is better than it has been in years. The rewards of not drinking just keep coming. The longer you go without drinking, the more you see that. I have absolutely no desire to drink. The thought floats across my mind, but then I say, Nah, don't want to. I'll usually just read if I want to relax, enjoy a cup of licorice tea.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hiya Sunbeam...any pics of your garden?
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Sunbeam, you sound like you are in a very good place! It is amazing that we have to get so off course to really appreciate life again!
                              When I was a kid, my sister and I ate a whole bag of licorice...that night we got sick as dogs! You can imagine the visuals. I have never been able to eat it since. I wonder why that never happened with booze??

HiYa Mick!! The pictures of your garden are just wonderful!! Those bunnies are adorable! I can't believe you set up a play area for them! You are such a sweetie!!
                              Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sattidy! Hugs all, Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hola! Como estan?

How is everyone?

Welcome Halo, to the 100 day thread. I'm an absent graduate. Getting some personal time back into my life, so wanted to check in.

Cat
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X