Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 20/10/08

Hi St. John/Lila,
    I've been out working in the yard this afternoon, but now it is getting dark and raining with thunder/lightning. It is late in the season for us to get a thunderstorm.

St. John, go see my post on pg. 15 from Sat. a.m. I am feeling SOOO good about my progress.

Take care, all!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Howdy Mod Squad,

So much to reply - hope I can remember it all! Lila, I'm beginning to think the "secret" to a good marriage is being married to the right person to begin with. From our very first date, we always had fun together. Laughed alot and just generally enjoyed being in each other's company. After the girls grew up (one out of college and working/living independently and the other a sophomore in college) we had the chance to be just the two of us again. We still laugh a lot and enjoy each other's company. Had I married any of the young men I went with before hubby, I'd have been divorced many times. I do believe it's important to be whole and authentic with yourself. You sound like a lovely person who's a devoted Mom and working on improving your lot through education. Keep at it - the right partner will find you - the wonderful, educated, devoted whole Lila.

And Sunbeam, your words yesterday on your moderation path were personally very inspiring. Spoken like a true alto (we rock!!). I love the notion that it's about meeting our goals rather than our rules. Come to think about it, if we didn't have too much to drink (be it on a binge, daily, or whatever our habit was) we wouldn't consider ourselves to have a problem in the first place and likely wouldn't be here. Thank you for your good words.

Deebs, you have the sunniest disposition. Your Mum must be very proud of you. I know the "sting" you must have felt when you learned your daughter said something to her. I've had the same experience and it's not a proud moment. All the more reason to keep up your good work. And you are doing so well.

Don't remember who asked, but ciabotta rolls are an Italian roll, that when warmed up is very crusty on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Easy to keep in the freezer and pull out a couple at a time. Very yummy.

Vlad, you have the most interesting life! Russia one moment, church the next. How do you keep up with yourself? And to Guitarista, St. John, Peri, Starting, Eve and all the names that are escaping me at the moment, have a great week. I've got functions/classes Mon-Wed this week, so will be trying to squeeze in computer time.

vera-b

Comment

ok vera I am tearing up...thank you...

Comment

Sunbeam- I am sorry I missed your Sat. night post. Wow- you are cruising! You've got the good attitude going and and moderating is really starting to work for you. Great to hear and inspiring to the rest of us. Seems one of the secrets is not thinking too much about the drinking- just being in the moment with your friend- the music or whatever. I'm really liking that. Vera-b what a blessing your marriage is! Good night everyone..............................may God keep you at peace.............................
          Toughen up!

Comment

Good Morning Squad! Where is everyone today? Hope and pray everyone is well.
            Toughen up!

Comment

Working...
            X