Mod Squad Weekly Thread 20/10/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Vladster, and Lila... my birthday only starts in 8 hours time though, but I figured I can now milk this for 2 days with our time difference lol!

I counted on my Drink Tracker 12units in 21 days... my aim is 10 units a month.... 2 glasses a weekend, if that!

Lila, good luck with the swatting, I don't envy you!

Welcome MM, it's great to have you on board.

Good job Eve! I too used to cling to that ONE glass of wine a night... I feel a sense of freedom now not having that one glass loom over me every evening. And yes my sleep pattern has got better.

I wanted to share something with all of you.... My daughter asked me earlier if she could go to a party on Friday night. Now you all know hubby is away so that means I would have to take her and fetch her again at 10:30pm. In the past I'd either make one of two decisions:

1. Make up some excuse why she couldn't go because I knew I'd be passed out by then
    2. Say yes but she had to sleep out so that I could then get liquered to the eyeballs.

The decision I made, and what only hit me later was I didn't even THINK about the first two options was I said, yes of course she can go, do any of her friends want a lift.
    I am now looking forward to having some time to myself on Friday night to try out some meditation techniques, join the Friday Night Jams, and finish my book.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey where's BH and Sun, anyone seen them?
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi to all- I am new on this thread and would like to join in on all of the fun and loving support. I find it easier to get thru the AF days if I know that I can mod on special days. I too feel the freedom from the daily drinking routine not looming over me daily. It is wonderful to wake up after a good nights sleep and without the self loathing every morning. The guilt and regret were weighing me down daily. Now when I do have a special occasion or dinner with a friend I make a clear-minded choice and many times just one wine. I have slipped once in the last month and actually drank a whole bottle by myself. Did not like that old familiar feeling in the morning. I like using the drink tracker -the accountability makes me think twice may times I am tempted. I really think the c.d.s have helped me. I am willing to try anything to break these chains! Blessings to all of you on this God-given day1
        Toughen up!

Comment

hi again everyone
          Welcome, Mad Mummy!
          I am still studying, but keep checking back to the boards. I am not focusing like I should! DeeBee, I know what you mean about those times, and kids. I remember being annoyed at my daughter (she didn't know I was) for being at a friends house kinda late, and holding things up for me!
          Ah, the bad old days!

Comment

oh, welcome St John, we must have cross posted!

Comment

Welcome St John! The more the merrier. And yes you will find lots of support and understanding here - we are in this together:-)

Comment

Welcome St John!
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Couldn't find this thread again at first - thought someone had asked for it to be deleted!!! :upset:
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

So get this...

My daughter (13) is standing in the kitchen cooking whilst I am surfing the boards (naughty) and she says to me
                    "Ma, I was just thinking... why do you think God chose me to have the thoughts I do, to be who I am?"
                    I am a bit gob-smacked tbh! Brilliant question to which I don't have the answer.

How are you Vladster - was work busy today?

Comment

I'm fine, I often wonder why God placed me in the UK where we have so much freedom and not in any other country. But He knows best so I won't argue. I guess He has mission for me here.

Isn't it great that He's made us all unique though?

Comment

Yeah you're right Vlad, how boring if we were all the same - we'd never grow!

Comment

Just finished cleaning the bathroom, now I need to use it. How come it always happens that way?

Comment

Where is everybody?

Comment

I'm here - got a chocolate cake baking in the BREAD MAKER!! Don't know how it's gonna turn out though... just doesn't seem right having to wait 3 frigging hours for a cake!

Comment

I can't do cakes in my breadmaker, I can do cake mix, but need to put it in the oven after.

Comment

Working...
                                X