Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 27/10/08

j-vo;458378 wrote:
    Last night we had friends come over for dinner. We had wine and I did go over my limit which upset me a little but not a lot. I had 3.5 instead of 2. The reason I'm not totally bummed out is that it was over a 4 hour time period. I was eating in between, drinking slowly. I also felt in control of myself, was having a good time as the host of the evening. I would not have been able to do that months ago and I loved it. I did note on my tracker and journal this morning that I didn't take my kudzu or L. Glut. I forgot because I have not been taking that for awhile. I wonder if I would have had less last night if I'd have remembered. I wrote that down in my journal!!!! Does kudzu and l. glut. need to be taken on a daily basis or just when you're going to have a few drinks? Does it matter? If anyone can answer that, I'd appreciate it.
    Whoa!! J-Vo. It's scary!! We are twins!!
    I had the exact similar night last night - verbatim. Same amount of AL I went over. Same situation: friends over for dinner, same exact feeling...went over my limit but was in perfect control. Also hadn't taken my kudzu or L. Glut that day...forget as well and haven't taken it long enough to know if it really makes a difference or not so I will wait for someone else's reply.
    This is where the "moderation" term can be confusing. What is true moderation because it seems that it's very subjective. Someone may say they're a moderate drinker by only drinking one time a week with a goal of no more than 4 where'as I would be kicking myself for 4 thinking that's too many. Think I'll start a new thread with this one in mind so let's jump over to that one and work on this moderation question.
    Hugs to you all.
    Eve
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all
      I am back with my tail between my legs. I screwed up big time on Friday night. As far as modding goes I think I had a whole month's worth of AL and more so I am going AF for November. I made all the obvious mistakes - didnt plan ahead properly, forgot to take my L-glut, forgot to eat, and by the third drink it was all over rover - elvis had left the building. But most of all I forgot that I was an alcoholic. Doh! Well I have had a very sharp reminder and looking at it positively (if that is at all possible) then that was a wake up call to the fact that one can never be complacent. I am not sure whether I can mod again as in reality if there is any AL in my system then there is at least a possibility that I will lose control whereas if there is none then there is no possibility. Sorry team.
      BH

Comment

BH,
        It takes a very smart person to recognize when they need to be done. There are many at MWO who strongly feel they cannot moderate, and I believe them. I ask myself regularly, Is drinking really that great? I am enjoying SO MUCH having my life back - all of it. I can choose to do whatever I want, instead of being drawn into "wine time".

I send you my love, and please stay in touch.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Sunbeam
          Thanks for your comments and yes that's where I was too until Friday. Friday was my 7 month anniversary of giving up smoking and getting control of my drinking with no real slip ups. I dont even like drinking now but I just got sucked in and unfortunately a slip for me is more like a ginormous explosion. Yes I will be seriously rethinking my ability to mod after the next month AF. Thanks for caring.
          BH

Comment

hi BH
            don't be so down on yourself. Nice to see you back here! You are making good progress!
            Lila

Comment

Hello and happy Sunday to all,

Sorry I missed ya'll yesterday. Was nursing some seriously sore muscles after spending the entire day outside helping hubby with yard work. I actually don't mind it - it's just that I forget I'm not 30 anymore! I've spent some time this evening reading all your posts. Sun, you've really got a handle on things. I'm working my way to your system of not planning weekend drinking. Not there just yet. But on Friday, I did take an ambivalent attitude as I'm trying to take a couple of pounds off before the holiday season is upon us. Ended up having a couple glasses of wine, but the attitude was different. Hubby is going to be gone next weekend visiting his mother, so may just challenge myself to an AF weekend. BH and Eve, sounds like you both want to cut down and that, to me, cuts to the very essence of modding. Will answer more fully on your thread, Eve, but I think we each have a pretty good idea what's a controllable amount/frequency for us. And when we exceed that, we start to feel it physically and emotionally (i.e. guilt). So, if you think you need to cut back, or go AF for a period, you probably do. And Sunbeam makes a very valid point that we need a lot of AF time between drink occasions to keep us from sliding back into the delusion that we don't really have to watch it afterall. When our diligence becomes a habit and having a drink no longer causes us mental gymnastics, I think we can say we've succeeded.

My hellos to all - will sign off for this Sunday. Hope everyone has a great week. Don't forget to VOTE on Tuesday. No matter who wins, we're going to have a new president come January. Free at last!!

Vera-b

Comment

Vladster, I am so sorry to hear you sad news... hang in there, k! I am thinking of you. What a pity about your holiday, can you maybe re-schedule it for later in the month? I'm sure you can do with a break.

Sun, I just love your posts! You don't piss about, you say it as it is!

Becoming, send a pm to codemonkey or RJ and they will help you with the DT probs. Otherwise, how are you doing? 7 days AF.... great idea! I try for a minumim of 6 days AF everyweek so I am right with you this week. I defiently want my DT to look better than it did last month.

I think that is one of the things I have really enjoyed about my journey into moderation is I find my goals and ideas about modding are constantly changing... for the good. When i joined MWO my idea of mod was having two glasses of wine EVERY night and then 4 to 5 on the weekend. I have to laugh at myself when i think of that....

Anyhoo, let me get some work done. Got lots of last minute, annoying tasks to get done before I go away tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks for all your good wishes. It was hubby's grandad that passed away on Saturday. Oh I wish I had more time for this site - I always feel I can't return the love and support I receive.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi to all! Hope you are all well today. vlad, sorry to hear of the passing in hubby's family.

Had a great birthday weekend. Hubby was so good to me- flowers, an overnight with friends and champagne. Of course he buys three bottles for 4 of us to share so I had more than I had planned on drinking. Sat. night went to BFF's house and had dinner and stuck to my 2. Last night hubby took me to dinner and I started with club soda/lime and ordeed a glass of my fav Chard with the dinner but only drank 1/2. I did not enjoy the taste! Of course he finished it for me- but I'm not in charge of his drinking too, right? Got enough to manage over here, thank you.
                    So hey- today I am considering going AF for the rest of the month. I really like the advice that I've gotten here on this thread - you guys rock! So I will be popping in to say hello but I'm going to float on over to the AF side for a bit too.
                    Toughen up!

Comment

oh St John
                      I thought you were a boy!!
                      Yes, going AF is recommended by the program for a month I think. Well...don't be a stranger to the Mod Squad!!
                      Lila

Comment

Haha. I thought Vlad was a boy for the longest time too!! Hmmmm...I wonder if we respond to people
                        differently than we would have when we think they're one gender but they're another. Just food for thought!
                        Hugs all!
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X