Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 27/10/08

Hi All!
    I must say I love reading this thread with all the insights and advice you give each other. I know I can never mod but some of the advice re thought processes and general support still apply to us abstainers. And you are all such a caring bunch that it is a pleasure to visit.
    Deebers, sorry about your router, but you are a very wise ostrich keeping a spare available )
    Have a super sunday all!
    x
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning Starts... well nearly afternoon and I've done bugger-all.... bliss I tell you.
      What are your plans for today?
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Well, I am going to do some housework......in a minute )
        My brother is coming over and we are going out to lunch with mum. She is still not well but as long as she doesnt have to walk too far she should be ok.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f3...-12-27510.html
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Ah Starts I am so sorry your Mum is still not well.
            Have a lovely day with her and your brother - family time is so important!

Comment

good morning everyone
              Deebee, that is how I feel, I want to firm up! Too bad we can't be walking buddies!
              So why did wine taste vile? Are you still taking topa? Peri, I personally tend to run emotional, so I really can see how you got all upset the other day. I am glad you took it to the boards, and I hope that was helpful. I really am impressed at how everyone is helping each other. Hi Eve, and Starts, and everyone. Still early here. I must confess I had a glass of wine last night. I have to dig up my cd player and start working on my mind as well. Well, back to my homework! I will check in later today'
              love
              Lila

Comment

hey Peri
                Or anyone who might know - does yoga help if it is only once a week? I have been thinking of taking it, but it is only once a week, and I don't have a lot of time to exercise (as opposed to hanging out online!!) What do you all think?
                Lila

Comment

Hi all, may not be on much over the next few weeks, sadly we've had a family bereavement this weekend and will have to do a lot of travelling has the funeral will be the other end of the country. Consequently our holiday to Fuerteventura is cancelled so I may pop in and check up on you!!! There's no escaping the Vladster!!!
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Deebs,
                    I just love those coloquial expressions you use, like "styling". I always know exactly what you mean.

Lila, thanks for the glutamine suggestion (duh!). I bought some this summer exactly for that purpose, and there it sits untouched. I need to start taking it in the evening when I go to the cupboard for munchies. Right now there is all that leftover Halloween candy sitting there calling out to me. It is always a difficult moment: eat some lovely treats always lurking in the cupboard, or put some dry yucky stuff under my tongue? I am putting the candy in the basement freezer NOW.

{Sunbeam gets up and takes that tempting bag on the counter to the basement}

Startingover, thanks for letting us know you are a visitor. I always assume that any visitor is at some level wondering if they, too, could learn to moderate. Probably many would strongly deny that, but it just what I think. People think all kinds of things, but that doesn't make them true!

Peri, I am not here for social reasons, though I do think of myself as having many friends at MWO. I think that at times I have posted words that sounded a little harsh, though not necessarily on this thread (yet). I am here to heal myself, and help others while healing. My priority would be to post information people need to know, rather than be afraid of hurting feelings. I am feeling good and confident in the progress I have made continuously since joining MWO in January, and especially in the past two months. I have definite ideas regarding what is working for me, and I am eager to share them with others. Whether the others should adopt my ideas, and whether they will actually work for them is completely up to them. There are many ideas here that all of us will choose when we are ready. For example, the don't drink alone rule. I probably hear that at least once a week here, but I only started following it recently.

J-vo, I'm thinking you will check in, so this is for you as well as others: you have a plan, but it is almost sure to change. I began moderating in April, and it took me until September to put together a plan that really works for me. Moderating is a learned skill, not something most can just decide to do. I am saying this so you won't be too discouraged, but make sure you learn something from every mistake, and don't hesitate to change your plan. I love that saying "Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results".

Take care, all. I have to leave for church soon.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun,

Thanks for the drinktracker info and reminding me about the 5 oz per serving! I'm going to use the drinktracker beginning today as I've decided my modding isn't quite what I wanted it to be. I'm going to do a 7 day AF stint as I haven't for a while and I need it. It's hard for me. Hubby drinks a lot every night so I'll be here quite a bit for support, that's for sure!

Take care everyone,
                      Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

hi all
                        hi Becoming; I wanted to welcome you to the thread. Sunbeam, that was a very helpful post. I am going very slowly, but surely! I feel like I am slowly integrating the tools, and yes, it doesn't happen over night, but it is happening.
                        Lila

Comment

Thanks, Lila. I'm a bit frustrated as I can't log into the drinktracker. It asks for my userid and password and I put in the same one I use to sign on to these forums but it tells me it's not valid. Any suggestions or am I just losing my mind?

Thanks,
                          Be
                          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I don't know - I am not very technical. Maybe pm RJ?
                            Lila

Comment

I just typed a lot of stuff and lost it all because it said I was not logged in! Oh well, here goes again.

Lila - any form/any amount of exercise is great. I used to do yoga and it's great exercise - a lot harder than it looks!

Vlad - I'm sorry for your loss. Is it a close friend relative?

Eve- keep trying. I see you're struggling, and the great thing is that you're logging on here for support. I went over my limit last night which I was going to explain - but just hang in there.

Sunbeam - you've given great advice to me and thank you. It takes time to come up with a plan - a plan that works. Well, I've written a plan that I see will need to be tweaked from time to time. Life changes daily, people change, so plans should change. I like the fact that I journal and have a personal drink tracker in addition to the one here. It's easier to be objective and make necessary changes.

Last night we had friends come over for dinner. We had wine and I did go over my limit which upset me a little but not a lot. I had 3.5 instead of 2. The reason I'm not totally bummed out is that it was over a 4 hour time period. I was eating in between, drinking slowly. I also felt in control of myself, was having a good time as the host of the evening. I would not have been able to do that months ago and I loved it. I did note on my tracker and journal this morning that I didn't take my kudzu or L. Glut. I forgot because I have not been taking that for awhile. I wonder if I would have had less last night if I'd have remembered. I wrote that down in my journal!!!! Does kudzu and l. glut. need to be taken on a daily basis or just when you're going to have a few drinks? Does it matter? If anyone can answer that, I'd appreciate it.

Sunbeam - I think I would have been a lot harder on myself had you not said what you said - a plan that works. Just because I have a plan, I need to be aware that it may need to be changed from time to time. Thanks all and have a Super Sunday!
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Didn't sleep well last night. I'm not sure why, I have not had that going on lately.

Vlad, I am so sorry to hear about your family member. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lila, I think that if you only have time for one yoga class per week, do it. Yes it will be beneficial. You will likely find that you will start to think about things like posture through out your daily life. I often fit in time at home in the evening to do some stretches or some poses that work some tense areas (shoulders, neck, etc) on the days that I don't have time to go to the yoga studio. So by all means go once a week. You might love it so much that you will figure out a way to fit in a second day a week somewhere down the line.

Be, maybe start a thread on the general discussion section re the drink tracker if you don't find out here soon.

DeeBee, where are you going? Someplace exciting? Gardening is good therapy, although not much of that going on here this time of year.

Sun, I didn't mean that it's a social forum for me either, I just meant that we do socialize some here (like the halloween candy bit you wrote about) and that's great. But what I love about the forum is that everyone is so committed to jumping in and getting to business when there is bussiness at hand. I think you have some great modding rules. I have learned a lot from your posts.

I am going to go make some breakfast burriots. Need to do some grocery shopping today. And I have a football game to watch today. Hopefully our Broncos got their stuff together after their week off and will kick some butt today.

Happy Sunday,
                                periwinkle
                                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X