Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 27/10/08

Hi all,

I started posting here but I really need some additional feedback today. So I'm going to start a new thread for hopefull greater exposure. Please catch up with me there.

periwinkle

Vlad,

Happy anniversary!!!!

10 is a fantastic milestone! Are you doing anything special?
    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

We are just planning on going to our fav restaurant. We have a holiday booked for next week, but it's touch and go whether it will happen or not due to a sick family member.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Oh Vladdy, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY hun!!!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Happy Anniversary Vlad. Hope you have the opportunity for a get-away.
          Eve - enjoyed the husband joke! And about the private email, I'll look into that. Thanks for caring to send me info. I really appreciate it.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I set up a folder for mail. Hope I did it correctly! Thanks again.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Morning all
              Its friday morning here. Cant believe another week is gone by so fast. I am sure my life seemed to go much slower when I was drinking! Yes Evie it was fun in chat last night I went to bed with a smile on my face. Hang in there with the teens it too will pass they all come out all right in the end. I am on my last teen thank god. My eldest is 29 and my youngest is 14 so I have seen it all hence the cynicism. And yes I started early. Have you guys tried St Johns W for anxiety - I believe it is good. J- Vo I dont think you have to set anything up for mail.
              Vlad congrats on your anniversary and sorry to hear about your holiday. It will be a shame if you dont get there. My first holiday abroad was in the Canaries - that would be 25 years ago now. Drank like a fish I remember that was the start of it. Dee Bee good luck with the lawyers and keep us posted.
              Hope you all have a good day.
              BH

Comment

Hi all,
                Vlad, Happy anniversary! And may there be many more!

Eve, sorry about your story. It is always important to learn from these episodes.

Take care, all. I've places to go and things to do!
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi all
                  I finally bought some L-GLut. It is 1000mg, NOW brand. How much are you all taking? Here's a funny thing - I left my ID at a store when I was buying jeans (cute jeans!) with a check, and left it there - they are now mailing it to me, and I stopped to buy wine and they wouldn't let me because I got carded!!!
                  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                  Lila

Comment

Someone's watchin' out for ya Lila. I can't remember the last time I was carded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, St. John's Wort (sp?) is something I've tried. I tried that years ago before going for the prescription anti-depressants. In fact, I've probably tried everything there is to try. I've purchased a program from Arizona for no less than $500 which is from a social anxiety clinic (I purchased about 3 years ago). Started using it, then my drinking got in the way of any real progress. It's exercises (mental) and hypnosis kind of like in my way out. Those things take such great discipline and I know that's what I need to do - invest in the time for myself just like I'm doing now with MWO and the drinking. I know I've got to cut out the caffeine as well, but I can't bring myself to do that just yet. It was hard enough quitting smoking in addition to the first few months of my AF life. Overloading never worked for me. It's just another trigger.

Comment

Happy Thursday all,

It's been a busy week for me - sounds like I'm not alone! Finally at home tonight and trying to keep annoying phone calls (like solicitations) from getting in the way of my reading your posts!! First and foremost, congratulations to Vlad and Mr. Vlad on your anniversary. Hope you have the chance to celebrate in style. Sounds like the modding schedule needs some fine tuning. I truly believe that we learn so much about ourselves on this journey - and it's never too late to tweak our habits when needed. Know you can do it.
                      Tomorrow is Halloween, and will try to get on after all the kiddies collect their goodies. My goal will be to refrain from od'g on the goodies (I always seem to have extra!). See ya'll Friday.

Vera-b

Comment

hi everyone
                        It is after 9 and I am not craving alcohol at all. It is the combination of L glut and Kudzu. But mentally, it has become such a habit and a comfort...maybe it is time to get out the cds. Thanks for the support with no pressure here - I prefer that - it works better for me. J-vo, I take SJW. I am usually struggling with depression issues, and then since spring, I have had some real anxiety problems. I have tried antidepressants, and have been on them in the past for a few years at a time, but now am very happy with the SJW. Once I took some Sudafed for allergies in the middle of all this anxiety, and I just was wacky. I will never take Sudafed ever again. Vera, yes, yuck! all that candy. Lots of times I get ahold of the kids candy and hide it. Hi Sunbeam, BH, St John, happy anniversary Vlad! Let us know about your husband, Peri. I wonder if he does have some anger about everything, fear, all that. And men usually aren't as good as women at processing it. I wonder.
                        Today was a good day for me, hope it was pretty much a good day for everyone else as well.
                        Lila

Comment

Hi Gang!

Happy TGIF!!

Well I had quite a bit of catching up to do. I couldn't get onto the website on Wednesday and yesterday I had to write off and spend it with lawyers.
                          Long story short we were being taken to court for breach of contract at my daughters old school - this has been going on since 2005. This should never have got this far, but there is always one clown with a big head that has a point to prove.... being my hubby LOL!! Anyway we had a 60% chance of winning and their lawyers put an offer on the table yesterday which we just laughed at. We made an offer and they jumped at it. What an anti-climax, I was all prepped to take the stand and give them a piece of my mind and it's all over and done with without going to trial.... anyway I am pleased to finally have closure on this as it's been a black cloud hanging over me.

So that's my news.... How you all doing?

St John, how are you hanging in there?

Lila, I loved your description of a mushy tummy lol! You and me both! I really do need to do some form of exercise. I used to be very active in my younger days and I hate looking in the mirror now and seeing how un-toned and dimply I am. If only we lived close to each other we could join some sort of class or go for walks.
                          With regards to the L-Glut, is it in a pill or powder form? I only take it now if the craving/urge/thought hits me bad and I take one teaspoon of powder which is 1000mg.

Sun, you sound very busy with things to do and places to go... hope it's all fun stuff:-)

Eve, I am sorry your friend felt you had let her down, you are right, family comes first! Don't get me started on pre-teens ... mine has been pushing all my buttons this week!!?!! Did I ever tell you about a book I got for my daughter? It's called "Chicken Soup for the Pre-teens Soul" and it's written by teenagers and pre-teens. My daughter loved it, she said that it was so comforting to know that she wasn't the only one with the issues or feelings discussed in the book.
                          Eve, I just read your joke.... brilliant I am going to copy and paste it off to my hubby HARHARHAR!!

Vlad, over here (the same as J-Vo) we can only buy AL at a bottlestore. Some large supermarkets have a wine section but not many. Oh and our bottle stores are not allowed to open on a Sunday. So if I want to buy AL then i really do have to plan it... I am grateful that I can't get it at a petrol station as that would've made it too tempting for me to pass.
                          Vladster, are you still swimming and going for walks during your lunch time? What's happened with your car - is it fixed yet? Did you have a nice anniversary last night? ha ha 20 questions!

BH, your post got me thinking as to what my triggers are. I have found that I have *new* triggers... wtf! Peer pressure is definetly something that I need to work on but lately I have found I have long-term urges. For eg two weeks ago my daughter told me about a party she wants to go to tonight and sleep over. Since she told me I have been plotting and planning in my head "hubby's first weekend home, lets party whilst the daughter is away!" I have got myself so into such a tizz about tonight.

J-Vo, I have never tried St Johns Wort but I noticed on my bottle of GABA and 5-HTP it also helps with anxiety and sleeplessness. I never suffered from anxiety, except if it was on the back end of a bender and I had done something horribly stupid and embarressing.... and there were many of those but the last two weeks I have been having heart palpataions (sp?) that started freeking me out as it felt like my heart was jumping out of my throat. So I am back on the GABA and I haven't had them since.

Vera, halloween and trick or treating sounds like such fun. We don't celebrate halloween on this side of the world and I feel like I am missing out on a free sweets.... I'm feeling robbed! Hope the solicitors bugger off and leave you alone .... they sure can get up my nose!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks for all your good wishes yesterday! My wedding anniversary is actually today and I'm going out this evening - just thought Deebs wanted to get the message in early! Got horrible bloats today - I don't learn do I? I knew Wednesday morning I needed some time AF but ignored that fact. Also it's absolutely freezing in the office, and they keep leaving the door open to outside. So cold and bloated - that's how I feel today.
                            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hi everyone!

I feel a little better today. I did get some amazing feedback in the general discussion area yesterday. Thanks to those of you who followed me there from this thread. I cried a lot yesterday. I guess I just need that sometimes. Hubby acted last night as though nothing was different or unusual.

DeeBee I didn't know about your legal issues. Glad that you got it under control. You're not really missing that much, unless you're a kid. But when you have a kid, it's all about making them the best costume, etc. And with a teenage girl (even pretten in some cases), I'm hearing that it's all about looking "slutty " this year. So be greatful!

Have a good one!

periwinkle
                              Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Ah Peri everyone is allowed some down time... pleased to hear you are doing better today.

I spend a number of days being tearful for what seemed like no apparent reason and then made a mountain out of a mole hill - this place put a smile on my dial when i didn't think it was possible.

Stay strong, you are doing really well.
                                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                                X