Do the Chakra Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Chakra Test

Were you two going to venture over to the enneagram post as well? (Chrysa and Lucky) I found that even more fun!
    Sunbeam, I am sorry about your back! I hope you are not in any pain? And, Peri this is about the immediate present? I will look at my results in a different way then.
    Lila

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

I am pretty familiar with the enneagram. I am a 3. I have lots of books on it and have taken a workshop. It really does ring true. I will look for the thread. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Root: under-active (-38%)
        Sacral: under-active (-6%)
        Navel: under-active (-19%)
        Heart: open (38%)
        Throat: under-active (-31%)
        Third Eye: under-active (-13%)
        Crown: under-active (-13%)

The only thing open is my heart??
        Looks like I have my work cut out for me!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Hey guys,

Ok, my two-bits about the Chakra system. I'm no expert. Peri probably knows a lot more than me (Peri feel free to jump in!) and maybe we need Wip here to give us the low-down on this.

But, yes a couple of points so we don;t start feeling crap about ourselves (those who are over and under with some energy centers), which would completely defeat the purpose of the exercise and end up closing the already open chakras that we have

point 1. I'm not kicked about the whole grading system that this particular test has. %s and all that stuff. It's misleading. There are ways to take the test, with healers who have studied this system. (Peri I think a rock/stone with power/ energy is involved?). I had a girlfriend a long time ago who seriously studied this system.

As we were in the midst of breaking up - which was a stressful and sad time for me - she took my test (you have to lay there while the test is done over you with a string and a stone held over each of your energy points. If the stone starts to move and circle, that means that chakra is open. It is spins too fast, it means that it's over-active. If it doesn't start moving or goes slow, means you're under-active at the center)

She took my test and said, "Some of your energy centers are closed" I couldn't help thinking even at the time, "Yeah sure, because of you!" LOL!

point 2. yes we need to forget about our 'western' ways of thinking. This is not a 'test'. It's just about energy, inside you, passing around you. It's fluid.

point 3. yes completely - it's about the present. The moment in which your test was done. So it's constantly changing, just as the universe is and the energy around you and inside you is.

In the end, it's about equilibruim and balance. That's the goal. Breathing in a balanced way, not too shallow and not too strenuously and deep...

It's about MODERATION. In everything, in living.

Lucky - ha ha. you are not fucked up. Or maybe you are. We all are. We are all not. Cheers. : )

Chrysa, yes I am a male and fairly young. Thanks! Guess I am pretty healthy after all. Couldn't have said the same 9 months or so ago though, I'm sure it would have come out totally different then. I've been getting better, working hard with finding a Middle Way in my life, not just drinking, but drinking is a big part of that Way and Path.

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Thanks Zed!

Root: open (31%)
            Sacral: open (69%)
            Navel: under-active (13%)
            Heart: over active (75%)
            Throat: over active (75%)
            Third Eye: open (63%)
            Crown: open (44%)

Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Edit function isn't working so will send a new reply. Following is info I found on what the #s mean:
              1 - Root chakra

The Root chakra is about being physically there and feeling at home in situations. If it is open, you feel grounded, stable and secure. You don't unnecessarily distrust people. You feel present in the here and now and connected to your physical body. You feel you have sufficient territory.

If you tend to be fearful or nervous, your Root chakra is probably under-active. You'd easily feel unwelcome.

If this chakra is over-active, you may be very materialistic and greedy. You're probably obsessed with being secure and resist change.

2 - Sacral chakra

The Sacral chakra is about feeling and sexuality. When it is open, your feelings flow freely, and are expressed without you being over-emotional. You are open to intimacy and you can be passionate and lively. You have no problems dealing with your sexuality.

If you tend to be stiff and unemotional or have a "poker face," the Sacral chakra is under-active. You're not very open to people.

If this chakra is over-active, you tend to be emotional all the time. You'll feel emotionally attached to people and you can be very sexual.

3 - Navel chakra

The Navel chakra is about asserting yourself in a group. When it is open, you feel in control and you have sufficient self esteem.

When the Navel chakra is under-active, you tend to be passive and indecisive. You're probably timid and don't get what you want.

If this chakra is over-active, you are domineering and probably even aggressive.

4 - Heart chakra

The Heart chakra is about love, kindness and affection. When it is open, you are compassionate and friendly, and you work at harmonious relationships.

When your Heart chakra is under-active, you are cold and distant.

If this chakra is over-active, you are suffocating people with your love and your love probably has quite selfish reasons.

5 - Throat chakra

The Throat chakra is about self-expression and talking. When it is open, you have no problems expressing yourself, and you might be doing so as an artist.

When this chakra is under-active, you tend not to speak much, and you probably are introverted and shy. Not speaking the truth may block this chakra.

If this chakra is over-active, you tend to speak too much, usually to domineer and keep people at a distance. You're a bad listener if this is the case.

6 - Third Eye chakra

The Third Eye chakra is about insight and visualization. When it is open, you have a good intuition. You may tend to fantasize.

If it is under-active, you're not very good at thinking for yourself, and you may tend to rely on authorities. You may be rigid in your thinking, relying on beliefs too much. You might even get confused easily.

If this chakra is over-active, you may live in a world of fantasy too much. In excessive cases halucinations are possible.

7 - Crown chakra

The Crown chakra is about wisdom and being one with the world. When this chakra is open, you are unprejudiced and quite aware of the world and yourself.

If it is under-active, you're not very aware of spirituality. You're probably quite rigid in your thinking.

If this chakra is over-active, you are probably intellectualizing things too much. You may be addicted to spirituality and are probably ignoring your bodily needs.

Hope that helps!
              Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

What the numbers mean

1 - Root chakra

The Root chakra is about being physically there and feeling at home in situations. If it is open, you feel grounded, stable and secure. You don't unnecessarily distrust people. You feel present in the here and now and connected to your physical body. You feel you have sufficient territory.

If you tend to be fearful or nervous, your Root chakra is probably under-active. You'd easily feel unwelcome.

If this chakra is over-active, you may be very materialistic and greedy. You're probably obsessed with being secure and resist change.

2 - Sacral chakra

The Sacral chakra is about feeling and sexuality. When it is open, your feelings flow freely, and are expressed without you being over-emotional. You are open to intimacy and you can be passionate and lively. You have no problems dealing with your sexuality.

If you tend to be stiff and unemotional or have a "poker face," the Sacral chakra is under-active. You're not very open to people.

If this chakra is over-active, you tend to be emotional all the time. You'll feel emotionally attached to people and you can be very sexual.

3 - Navel chakra

The Navel chakra is about asserting yourself in a group. When it is open, you feel in control and you have sufficient self esteem.

When the Navel chakra is under-active, you tend to be passive and indecisive. You're probably timid and don't get what you want.

If this chakra is over-active, you are domineering and probably even aggressive.

4 - Heart chakra

The Heart chakra is about love, kindness and affection. When it is open, you are compassionate and friendly, and you work at harmonious relationships.

When your Heart chakra is under-active, you are cold and distant.

If this chakra is over-active, you are suffocating people with your love and your love probably has quite selfish reasons.

5 - Throat chakra

The Throat chakra is about self-expression and talking. When it is open, you have no problems expressing yourself, and you might be doing so as an artist.

When this chakra is under-active, you tend not to speak much, and you probably are introverted and shy. Not speaking the truth may block this chakra.

If this chakra is over-active, you tend to speak too much, usually to domineer and keep people at a distance. You're a bad listener if this is the case.

6 - Third Eye chakra

The Third Eye chakra is about insight and visualization. When it is open, you have a good intuition. You may tend to fantasize.

If it is under-active, you're not very good at thinking for yourself, and you may tend to rely on authorities. You may be rigid in your thinking, relying on beliefs too much. You might even get confused easily.

If this chakra is over-active, you may live in a world of fantasy too much. In excessive cases halucinations are possible.

7 - Crown chakra

The Crown chakra is about wisdom and being one with the world. When this chakra is open, you are unprejudiced and quite aware of the world and yourself.

If it is under-active, you're not very aware of spirituality. You're probably quite rigid in your thinking.

If this chakra is over-active, you are probably intellectualizing things too much. You may be addicted to spirituality and are probably ignoring your bodily needs.

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Root:under-active(-19%)
                  Sacralpen(25%)
                  Navel:under-active(-19%)
                  Heartpen(19%)
                  Throatpen(25%)
                  Third Eyepen(38%)
                  Crownpen(25%)

What do you think?

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Great! Some focus on balancing yourself in terms of feeling centered about your physical presence in the world and around people (the social stuff)..? Other than that, that your energy is super well centered, looks like!

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Eve11, thanks for the info regarding what each chakra means.

Root: under-active (0%)
                      Sacral: open (56%)
                      Navel: open (38%)
                      Heart: under-active (6%)
                      Throat: under-active (6%)
                      Third Eye: open (31%)
                      Crown: under-active (0%)

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

Have a zen day

cuckoosnest83;469696 wrote: Eve11, thanks for the info regarding what each chakra means.
                        Thanks. Very helpful isn't it. Sorry it printed twice. Computer was acting funny last night. Wouldn't act like threads were accepted but they were so they would print twice, then wouldn't allow me to delete. Still not fixed so be careful what you write everyone as you may not be able to edit it.
                        Have a "zen" day everyone.
                        Eve11

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

There are vast teachings out there on the internet, in book stores, you name it on chakras. Some of the balancing techniques include stones/crystals, aromatherapies, yoga poses, colors (in your environment or what you wear), etc.

zed, I am with you that the test is limited. Things going on in one?s life from day to day will affect the test. For example the day before I took the test I was at the rock shop with my sister. I still was hearing my dad's voice in my head saying "you can't pay money for something you can pick up off the ground" which definitely affected some of my responses to the test giving me different results than if I had taken the test two days before.

Ironically, I was in the rock shop buying stones for my 6th and 7th chakras. Had I known how out of whack it was going to throw my 1st and 3rd chakras I would have picked up some lovely obsidian and turquoise as well.

So I have just spent way too much time trying to get an attachment the perfect size for the site to accept it. The last one I attached was so small it was laughable. Here is my reply. I will just have to work on the attachment later. It's a chart that shows the chakra, and the corresponding color, energy focus, and basic stones. I promise to get it to you as soon as I figure it out.

periwinkle
                          Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

There are vast teachings out there on the internet, in book stores, you name it on chakras. Some of the balancing techniques include stones/crystals, aromatherapies, yoga poses, colors (in your environment or what you wear), etc.

zed, I am with you that the test is limited. Things going on in one?s life from day to day will affect the test. For example the day before I took the test I was at the rock shop with my sister. I still was hearing my dad's voice in my head saying "you can't pay money for something you can pick up off the ground" which definitely affected some of my responses to the test giving me different results than if I had taken the test two days before.

Ironically, I was in the rock shop buying stones for my 6th and 7th chakras. Had I known how out of whack it was going to throw my 1st and 3rd chakras I would have picked up some lovely obsidian and turquoise as well.

So I have just spent way too much time trying to get an attachment the perfect size for the site to accept it. The last one I attached was so small it was laughable. Here is my reply. I will just have to work on the attachment later. It's a chart that shows the chakra, and the corresponding color, energy focus, and basic stones. I promise to get it to you as soon as I figure it out.

periwinkle
                            Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

puf-uuuuuuuuuuu...just love this thread
                              Can't wait to do the enneagram. Luck -- what does a '3" mean?
                              Tawn -- what do you think about the over-active 3rd eye?
                              thanks zed & peri & eve
                              "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
                              will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
                              This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
                              love and heal this part of self."

Comment

Do the Chakra Test

I'm way overactive:

Root: open (44%)
                                Sacral: open (50%)
                                Navel: over-active (75%) - domineering and aggressive
                                Heart: over-active (75%) - suffocating and selfish
                                Throat: over-active (75%) - keep people at a distance
                                Third Eye: over-active (94%) - live in a fantasy world
                                Crown: over-active (88%) - intellectualize too much.

Not bad for a Boss! Haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X