Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 24th Nov

Hello friends,
    I'll be super busy getting ready for Thailand so not sure that I'll be posting for a while but we will have access to internet I believe so hope to stay in touch.

Vlad, Ducky and Sunbeam, a friend told me "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" so remember that in your weight loss struggles. I try to apply that thinking to my drinking. For me that 2nd and esp 3rd drink don't taste as good as how it feels with only 1 or when I'm AF.

I've been doing much better this week. I have truly realized that even 1 drink affects my sleep and I really like the way I feel when I'm AF and get up in the morning. I don't plan on being AF for life but I do plan on continuing drinking less and less and paying attention to the rewards I get when I'm doing that. So motivated to pack this week as well as get my home ready for the family coming to stay with our boys.

Had a great dinner Sat. night with friends and totally relished my one drink. But honestly, didn't hop out of bed the next day like I wanted. Still was a productive day however as the one didn't totally zap me. So, my goals keep changing as I keep evaluating and paying attention to how I feel with what I do.
    Hugs to everyone. Wish me a safe trip!
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi girls (and the few boys we have),
      Vlad and Peri - sorry to be such an over-achiever (Sunbeam is too!), but I've been finished with my x-mas shopping, too. I have to say, though, that this is the first year in many years I've been so ahead of the game and it feels great. I've even got some chocolates I'm going to attempt to make for something x-massy to do since I'll be hosting this year. Yes, I'll make a complete mess as I'm not a baker, nor cook. But what the heck. I'll give it a shot.

And the lbs. are such a pain to try and lose at this time of the year. I've got about 15 I'd love to drop too. I don't think I want to start now though, not with the approaching holidays. Thanksgiving, x-mas, new year's! Maybe in January. I've continued my exercise on the treadmill since it's too cold, rainy, or snowy to enjoy a walk outdoors. Not as fun, though I listen to music as I walk.

Keep up the good work Eve. I'm actually reevaluating myself this week. I don't like the pattern I'mseeing on my drinktracker. Yes, I've got plenty of AF days, but as I look at the tracker, it looks as though Sat. are a "binge" day for me. I don't want that pattern. Maybe I should drink every Thursday instead???!!! Ok. That wouldn't work either. Be careful on your trip, sister.

St. John and Peri - great work on meeting your goals, or even having less. That's awesome. To everyone, new or old to this thread of modders, take care friends.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey Squaddies -- how is everyone doing today?

Vladster, please educate me as to how many Kilograms is a pound!
        What ever happened with your Wii, did you ever use it? I've been eyeballing them in the shops and I wonder if it's something I should ask Santa for this year?
        I don't weight myself but i can tell by the fit of my jeans that I've put on weight, which is a bugger as I did loose a bit when I was on Topa but I suppose I do need to get some form of exercise going. I'm thinking of doing Yoga in the new year when I give up the twacks (OMG!!)

Ducky, great to *see* you here. How is the modding going?

Peri, I think I missed out on something last week -- I'll have to go back and see what it is about the house and 3 horses that you're talking about.
        Kudos to you for sticking to your goals this weekend! We have a bottle of Amarula in the fridge, it is similar to Baileys but better as it's made in SA from the Marula berry. The story goes that the elephants eat the wild marula berries and get drunk, stubling their way through the bush LOL!! Anyway it has been in the fridge ever since we went on holiday in Sept. I am savoring it for when my Mum visits so we can have a glass together.

Peri, I just loved the story of you and your son re-connecting. Isin't it amazing how much more aware we are of the moments that before would have passed us by in a drunken haze -- you are rocking Peri!!

Starts, I would never say anything bad about you. You are such an amazing person and a very important part of our thread!!

St John, well done on sticking to your goals on Saturday night -- sounds like you had a blast. I'm sorry to hear that hubby is not a nice drunk! Does he only drink on occassion or does he have a problem with AL -- tell me to bugger off if you don't want to answer! I must say that my hubby has cut back on his drinking drastically since I have -- monkey see, monkey do??!

Sun, the banana diet sounds interesting. So do you only eat a banana for dinner or is this as a snack after dinner? Evenings are my downfall too and I crave something sweet. My daughter made a chocolate cake for bakers day at school and I swear I couldn't focus on my dinner cause all I was thinking about was the frigging cake! WTF I don't even like chocolate cake!!

Eve, I must say you really are sounding fan-tas-tic!! When do you leave for Thailand? (can you see me turning green with envy?!? LOL) and when are you back?
        Have you packed your yellow-polka-dot-bikini?

Zed aka Boxer Boy, WHERE ARE YOU!!???!!! Check in please!

Well I don't have much news to report. With my internet being down at home I CAN'T do any work so I've been mucking about in my garden. I am full of blisters, cuts, and insect bites but I had such fun yesterday digging, cleaning and pruning. My garden is half an acre and it really is a big job to keep tidy. With all the rain and mist we have everyday everything grows like it's on steriods. I am super excited about my veggies tho, there is something so satisfying about going into the garden, choosing the veg, and cooking it... now that is organic for you!

I feel like I've missed some important weekend news so I'm off to peruse last weeks thread.

Hope everyone is just fine and dandy today!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Dobraye utra! Great to hear from everyone!

Peri - so funny about the zigsaw thing, honestly thought they were something different.

St John - good going on the party Saturday, just hope your hubby sees the benefits soon too! In regards to sit ups, I didn't do them anyway!!!

Sunbeam - I wish I'd finished my Christmas shopping then I could just chill for December. I was disappointed that cutting out so much drinking didn't make any difference, even stopping completely for 30 days. I've found it's exercise I need. I don't really eat anything like chocolate or fast food.

Eve - Yes, think I do need to apply that thinking to my drinking. Unlike many on this thread, I am still drinking pretty much everyday with the odd AF day here and there. I have set myself a 2 drink max for a week day and 3 drink max on a Saturday. This month has been a bit of an abomination due to circumstance, and the receipt of a half bottle of vodka did not help - just had to drink it. That's the reason why I've not had the stuff in the house this year. I bought a bottle for my birthday, that was it - hubby's face was a picture when he saw me come in with it, his response was, 'Hey, you're not allowed... oh I suppose it is your birthday...' BUT it did last me 3 weeks. Only the half bottle I had this month lasted 2 days. So no! No, no, no, no, no. Oh and I wish you a safe trip to Thailand - my father-in-law loves Thailand and goes without fail every year.

J-vo - I have yet to host Christmas dinner, never done it. Will be at my brother's house this year. You've reminded me I have yet to add another 2 drinks to my tracker for last night. You're saying that your's looks like Sats are binge days, well mine looks like every day's a drink day!

And good morning DeeBee - is everything back up and running now?

Oh yeah - 8 stone 11 today!!!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I'm good thanks O2M, how am I doing with my modding? Well this month has been pretty poor but I'm feeling more confident now.

Oh and it's cold in the office, 4 degrees outside and the heating's not working.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! It is just so cold. I am now working in my coat. Yeah, I know you're probably thinking I'm a wuss, but you try sitting and working at a computer at a little over 4 degrees.

Comment

Yep, I'm really struggling to concentrate and get anything done. My feet are like ice. Will go for a walk in an hour, that should warm me up a little.

Comment

DeeBee;477216 wrote: Hey Squaddies -- how is everyone doing today?

Starts, I would never say anything bad about you. You are such an amazing person and a very important part of our thread!!

!
                  Aww Deebs and Peri, was only kidding when I said that!!! I know how lovely you all are and was just messin'

Still lurkin tho' :H

Vladders, know what its like to work in a cold office, I have a particularly nasty cardy that I keep over the back of my chair for the times when the air conditioning is on full!

Have a lovely day all....xxx
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

startingover;477281 wrote:
                    Vladders, know what its like to work in a cold office, I have a particularly nasty cardy that I keep over the back of my chair for the times when the air conditioning is on full!
                    Can't wait till I can go home. They're all talking about what to do for the Christmas do because basically there isn't one at the moment, the boss won't have one!

Comment

I cannot go to mine either cos I have been dumped. LOL so I am going to crash Rich's one...
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yay, I'm back on line at home!! About time too. I read last weeks thread and had so much to say but now in my excitement I've forgotten?!??

I think it was Peri, or maybe J-vo....no, no it was Eve who asked me about school holidays.
                        The schools here break up next week (the 5th of December) and the new school year begins the 17th of Jan nex year. So I have my darling at home for a month and a half (sigh) and she'll be nagging me every single minute of it if I don't have lots lined up for her.
                        I think I'm going to ship her off to my in-laws for a month, she can go an run around the farm chasing sheep all day and stay away from the bloody boyfriends lol!!

I am reading an interesting book for all us Moms out there with pre-teens.... it's called "Queen Bee Mums & Kingpin Dads".... a real helpful book on how to deal with certain situations that your child finds herself in at school. There is a book prior to this one called "Queen Bees & Wannabees" which it refers a lot to so I am definetly going to get it. I'll post more about it in the "what we're reading" section.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

hi all
                          How are the Modders? I have houseguests so am a bit busy.
                          Deebee, I read a book called Queen Bees something....it was aabout teenage girls. Oh, yeah - Queen Bees and Wanna Bees..? maybe. The movie Mean Girls is based on that book.
                          02m, lovely to *see* you here!
                          I am totally in the grips of SAD. I am happy I have guests, but I just can feel it happening. RIght now I am in front of my light box, whcih I have not used the last few days. I am taking my SJW and all. It is just this dull, slow moving feeling, and then all these shame thoughts, I keep having. Like I keep remembering every dumb thing I ever did or said and wondering why I am like that, and everyone else is so normal and together, and has self-esteem and all.
                          Does anyone else get like that? I have to go now, maybe check back later.
                          Lila

Comment

Yip I get that -- even when the sun is shinning.
                            I have learnt to let the memories in, don't supress them they will come back. Relive the memory, forgive yourself and let it go -- easier said than done I know, but it has been working for me.
                            I was having horrible flash backs when I went AF and they left me sweating with terror... someone advised I don't supress them and I can now think of that moment as a memory without having heart palpatations.
                            Hang in there Eve, tomorrow is a new day -- be gentle with yourself today.

Comment

Hi Modders,

DeeBee, my modding is better when I hang out here. My goals are not as strict as those set by many on this thread and hopefully over time they will be revised in a positive way. I am happy to have AF days now and then and drink moderately other days. I have not had many AF days lately though but am doing better at mods other days. I feel fine if I have one or two glasses of wine, or even three over an evening and with food, but any more than that and I feel like crud the next day.

By the way, your garden sounds wonderful. I love the idea of picking from the garden and making dinner. We are trying to grow tomatoes these days, and some herbs.

Vlad, hope you warm up soon! And Lila, I hope your lamp helps. I think all of us get caught up in reliving our past mistakes in our heads. It sounds like you have been doing well so try not to dwell on that.

Comment

DeeBee, I like the idea of letting the memory in and then letting it go...

Comment

Working...
                                X