Mod Squad Weekly Thread for January 5, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why dont we all make a pact that if we do have a drink its to celebrate good times and good days and NEVER as a crutch for stuff that upsets us, wine is for pleasure not for nursing wounds? just my view
    if we are angry or upset lets exercise even if just a walk round the block, it will keep us mentally strong.

I love that idea, Keepwalking! I can definitely pact not to use wine as a crutch when I'm upset. What about mildly irritated? Premenstrual? A little fed up? :H Seriously, I'm with you on this one.

My eye is stinging from the wound, but I'm not blind yet!

I had no cravings or urges or even interest in having a drink tonight. I've felt both tired and relaxed this afternoon...Had five little boys in my house for a couple of hours. It was fun...Everything's more fun without hangovers.
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

why dont we all make a pact that if we do have a drink its to celebrate good times and good days and NEVER as a crutch for stuff that upsets us, wine is for pleasure not for nursing wounds? just my view
      if we are angry or upset lets exercise even if just a walk round the block, it will keep us mentally strong.

Keepwalking

I love that idea, Keepwalking! I can definitely pact not to use wine as a crutch when I'm upset. What about mildly irritated? Premenstrual? A little fed up? Shy? Nervous? Tense? :H Seriously, I'm with you on this one.

By the way, how do we quote each other with that "originally posted by" message?

My eye is stinging from the wound, but I'm not blind yet!

I had no cravings or urges or even interest in having a drink tonight. I've felt both tired and relaxed this afternoon...Had five little boys in my house for a couple of hours. It was fun...Everything's more fun without hangovers.

Thanks for all the laughs...Sara
      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hey Keep Walking & Sara (of course I remember you GB.. ) - I'm in on the Pact of no drinking when in a bad mood, angry, frustrated... Walking around the block, yes. Anything but a drink. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Great idea! Cheers guys.

hey Kid, so I see you saw Slumdog Millionaire and thought that I'd be living in a tent in squalor, eh? That's like me seeing Pretty Woman and thinking everyone in America is super-rich, driving a Ferrari and living in a mansion. Either that, or some sort of prostitute. Hmm.. :H

Eve, yes yes, you are right... QUALITY... I know, I caved and went for the whole harem... I threw quality to the cool desert wind and went for Quantity... I feel so damn... GOOD!

Ok enough of being naughty. Sorry folks. Just kidding around.

Time to hitch my tattered tent, get on my high-horse and ride out of here.

Hey there Vlad, you okay? Happy new year.

I'm going to go exploring around the AF section. Having done that ever... always come straight here to the Mod group and hang out. Not that I'm going A-Free... sounds so 'constricting'! ... but I am for this month, so...

Where are my old friends PERI and DEEBS???? Lila... Vera.. J-vo... check in children. c'mon now...

Comment

Sara, the only way I know of...

Is to push the "quote" tab at the bottom, and then delete the parts you don't want...but I always do things the hard way. Maybe there's a better way...

Sarasmiles;514364 wrote:
          By the way, how do we quote each other with that "originally posted by" message?

Thanks for all the laughs...Sara
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

What's the matter Kid? I see from your little icon thing there at you are Frustrated? All okay?

Comment

Kid Shelleen;514408 wrote: Is to push the "quote" tab at the bottom, and then delete the parts you don't want...but I always do things the hard way. Maybe there's a better way...
              Sara, The trick also is you need to leave the brackets with the QUOTE inside for it to work properly. Give it a try. Test this one. Erase everything you need to but leave the before and after brackets and it should work.
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Going into weekend Pax...

P.A.C.T (Promissary Alcohol Controlling Tool)

Cross my heart,and hope to die; Stick a needle in my eye.."
                *Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
                (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
                Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

*JAMMS: Started "the program" (and a 2 week AF/Modder MWO Program Starter thread!)
                ..2 weeks AF until Thursday Jan. 15th(at least) (good luck)
                *Kid: AF Friday, Saturday,Sunday

*Zed: The month of January!!
                *KW: Mon,Tues,Wed,Thursday(howdja do?)(congrats)

*"Sore-Eye
                Sara",St J, and Sunbeam: 2 weeks AF starting Jan 2

.. (Sara and St J are in the "Program" too)

*Eve: Friday

*Kid: Thursday,Friday,saturday,Sunday

ANYONE ELSE??
                Feel free to join in
                with any ongoing pact
                (or start a new one)
                Remember
                :you've :h "crossed your heart" :h
                We might forego the needle part (Sara keeps hurting herself, and we suspect she's starting to like it!)

ModSquad:

Vera-b,Lila,Sunbeam,Kid,Jamms,Ask for Help,janie
                St John,KeepWalking, DeeBee,Sara,Periwinkle,Eve,
                Vlad,Trixietrack,StartingOver,Nancy,Dhs
                Zed, One2many,(Cyclefan,Zeppie,Gyco,J-vo,WIP, and Tawnyfrog visit)
                It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey, pals just checking in. You all sound great as usual.
                  Hitting the blues club tonight : where usually I would be drinking. Pulled it off one time w/just club soda and looking to do it again. Going in with the full armour. I'm willing to give up ol AL but not my blues!
                  Say a little prayer if you think of me
                  Toughen up!

Comment

Eve11;514867 wrote: Sara, The trick also is you need to leave the brackets with the QUOTE inside for it to work properly.

Eve11
                    Did I do it?

Comment

Yes! Thanks guys!

Comment

St. John,
                        I've said a little prayer. You can do it!

Comment

Sarasmiles;514997 wrote: Did I do it?
                          You got it...you go girl!
                          Hugs,
                          Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

St. John;514947 wrote: Say a little prayer if you think of me
                            St. John,
                            You can do it and you'll probably find you have more fun tonight without AL! I love feeling that full being in control especially when talking to new people. Also what a wonderful thought of no slurring of words or having some stranger think "Man, she's drinking too much!"
                            NOT
                            Also, you have beautiful eyes...you don't want to be poking them out.
                            Speaking of eyes, I came through the permanent make-up ALIVE! Will look great after the puffiness is gone.
                            Hugs to you and all my mod squad buddies and lurkers
                            Eve11

Comment

hi Eve
                              how was that? I googled it online. That must've been scary for you...do you like the results? I could see myself doing that. Windows of the soul, you know!
                              Lila

Comment

Lila;515204 wrote: how was that? I googled it online. That must've been scary for you...do you like the results?
                                Lila,
                                Eyes are a little puffy today and red (few blood vessels broken from the trauma - it is like a tattoo I guess so people who have them can relate I'm sure) and it was a little painful. You have to go to a good person who gels you well as my friend had hers done with someone different and she rated the pain worse than childbirth!! This lady I chose had great numbing gel.

I would rate the pain 3 on a 1-10 scale and 8 when she did the lower lid. Don't know if that areas more tender or if we didn't gel it as well as the top lid but that one hurt. Luckily it required less work so it was over quicker.

And for those of you lurking wondering "what does this have to do with drinking recovery?!"

Well, I DIDN'T have a drink when I got home but felt like I could have used one!
                                Hugs and hello mod squad and lurkers.
                                Eve11

Comment

Working...
                                X