Mod Squad Weekly Thread for January 5, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do the broken blood vessels go away? Or do they show?
    Vanity has everything to do with recovery, IMHO!!

Comment

not yet . .

Not ready for an AF day yet . . it's been YEARS and my Naltrexone has not arrived. But it's not 5 yet. Kid: Where can I order that phone operator's dress? Hat??? Shopping is another issue for me. I think I've come to the right place. Later, Lena

Comment

Lena, that is alright, baby steps, you are here, and you are taking action!

Comment

Lena,
          How did you do last night. Were you able to be AF?
          Lila, No fears, the broken blood vessel thing is only temporary. Should be looking fine in 2-3 days. Chose to do it on Thursday as I don't work till Mon. again so I have no concerns re how I'll look Mon.
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Lila! I'm so glad to see you here!

I'm having a strong craving for a glass of wine, so I came to say hello. I'm not upset, angry, irritable, anxious...I think I'm bored. One extra boy in the house for the afternoon...So two nine year olds who can't seem to agree on what to do with each other. I ended up playing cards with them. My seven year old doesn't have a friend over, so he played too, and the little guy just hung around. No matter how much I love my kids, sometimes it's just boring to do kid-stuff. I keep thinking, when the extra kid gets picked up, can I sit by the fire I've built, have a glass of wine and finish the book I'm reading? ("I Feel Bad about My Neck", by Nora Ephron...Very funny...Woman humor... You girls should read it...) But maybe it's the book and the fire I crave, not the wine. To have it would not only go back on my decision to do the rest of my two week AF period, but would also break my "no drinking when I'm alone with the kids" rule. I'd have to take a pick axe to my eyes!

So, vanity...Yes, it's okay. Perhaps especially in recovery. I had my nails done today, and it makes me smile a little to catch a glimpse of them. Silly, but true. Taking care of ourselves physically doesn't have to be all about deprivation...No booze, no carbs, no fat...whatever. It can also mean pampering ourselves, n'est pas? And looking good makes us want to keep it that way. In fact, sometimes when I'm thinking of drinking, I put some nice moisturizer, blush and eye makeup on. I take a good look in the mirror and see my healthy, clear, bright skin, and I know I don't want to dehydrate it, or get that awful eyes-glazed over look.

A Nerf-war has broken out downstairs. I hear screams of excitement, but soon there will be cries of outrage. How is a woman supposed to relax and pamper her lovely skin, in times of war?

Best to all. Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hello modders,

I feel good...so good...cause I got you! bomp... bomp.... bomp... bomp...bomp!

KID- didn't make the 2 weeks...had 2 glasses of wine last night.... not to bad, 2 glasses... didn't finish the bottle... but I broke my pact...:sofa: I will MOD again tonight and be AF for the remainder of my original time...okay?

Anyway...the important thing is that I am learning to MOD and def. think the Topa/supps are helping with that.

Sara - I hate nerf they give me anxiety....

had to pop in to say HI...in the middle of "guitar hero" battle with my 17 year old... he's kicking my a**!

Hope everyone keeps their pacts this weekend:l
              :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

I said I'd probably be AF tonight, but I've decided to have a couple of beers.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

By a couple I do mean 2!
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                    Sara and Jamms, maybe you should do that eyeliner thing that Eve did - sounds pretty close to sticking a needle in your eye. I am trying out more make-up, but that is definitely not something I would think of doing.

Lila, good to see you here. Watch out, or Zed will lure you into his tent.

Zed, I'm not posting anywhere specific to this two-week AF time. It takes no effort for me at this point. I do think about having a drink, but don't want one. Perfectly happy with warm tea or cold flavored seltzer. I think St. John posts somethimes on the monthly abstinence section. The tool box thread there is not to be missed. I know, I know, I've mentioned it before, but the posts are great.

Lena, keep reading, posting and re-considering your relationship with alcohol. Reality tends to seep in just a little at a time, I think.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sara...give it up!

JAMMS needs your needle! (one eye left;still smiling)
                      ~Kid~

PS: On second thought, pass the bottle down here! If you ALL are drinking, I'll take a swig too.
                      Whatch hiding in that bag, anyway??
                      C'mon Zed; and bring the tent girls with ya!
                      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Sorry Kid!

Comment

What is this bust the newbies chops......
                          Aw man, you can really lay on the guilt...I have learned my lesson..."don't bite off more then you can chew" is that appropriate? perhaps I'm to green to take such giant steps...I got to "big for my britches".
                          my apologies....

:upset:
                          I hate needles!
                          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Needles don't bother me really.

Comment

But I wouldn't like to have an operation to repair a detached retina - there they really stick a needle into your eyeball.

Comment

I'm kidding...

I guess I didn't use enough smilies,huh??
                                Hey, it's a process. We're all learning here. I've crashed and burned PLENTY in my trip back to modding. I'm all about "damage control". As long as slips don't turn into falls that hurt you or others, then you're still on track as far as I'm concerned.
                                I love you guys...be careful tonight.
                                We're in this together.
                                ~Kid~
                                It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X