X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad's Weekly Thread for the Week of January 19th

Zounds!! Women pick up yer shoes

Kid -- Duck!!!!!
    Actually speaking strictly in my own behalf I have crossed over to the post pms side of life only to find myself in the crosshairs of the Precious Progeny like clockwork during that Special Time. I guess payback's a b**ch. Her brother (age 20) and I set our watches and batten down the hatches. Still it is fightin' words to speak of that of which we dare not speak. Because Don't You For One Minute Think You Can Blame This On . . . .

Sara, "hang in there" or "run for your life" both are useless to you right now. There is not a more lonely feeling in the world than feeling emotionally a stranger to the one we love the most. Talk it out. We've got your back. Won't you smile awhile . . . .

Lena

Comment

Soooo, the Muslim wedding was interesting!
      I must say if you ever get the opportunity to go to one - GO! I dont know how to really describe it to you, but it is just so different from any wedding I've ever been to -- and so colourful. The woman were dressed in the most magnificent beaded outfits and looked like peacocks to my ostrich outfit --yip, I played it safe and wore black, how dull I felt. There was NO Al on offer at all, it's against their religion and I know it's not very nice of me but most of the table was plutzing for a drink and I was having a little chuckle to myself. They honestly could not have fun or enjoy the evening because there was no AL -- how sad.

So another AF Saturday for me -- feels soooo good to wake up on a weekend with a clear head.

Sara, good on you for knowing that AL will NOT help your marriage. Please feel free to vent, rant and rave -- we are here to listen and offer advice if you ask.

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are having a relaxing Sunday:-)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

back, sober and still walking

Hi squadders, i have just been trying to catch up with all the brilliant posts on this thread! Thanks again to all of you for the supportive words for me to keep posting here!! I certainly will! Sarah so sorry things are tough, may i ask are you still doing South Beach, I do think not having your carbs can really effect your mood?? Hope things get better for you and for all of you who are having a tough time of it, big hug!!!

I joined weightwatchers on 12th Jan and lost 4.5 pounds in week 1 and am hoping for another 3 tomorrow night?? Have been a saint, I have a WW pedometer which calculates activity points, so I build them up but dont eat them as that would defeat object. Have felt really really well, now. I now know how many points in wine so I am leaving it alone until i I get to target weight!! I am allowed 18 points a day and I choose them wisely, but goodness me, I have not felt hungary, I have been full of energy, sleeping like a log and gone for a walk/jog every day. Kid pleased to see you have joined the gym, exercise is the best anti depressant I know, the gym is great dont get me wrong but wrapping up to face the elements and coming back glowng is a truly wonderful feeling you feel so alive!! I did not realise WW had so many food products available, I am addicted ( opps sorry wrong word) i love the creamed rice pudding 1.5 points, the luxury mango and passion fruit mousse ( 1 point), the recipes are fab and I feel at last i am in control of eating and drinking. Guess what I have also started yoga with hubby once a week!!! Its been years since we have done an activity together except going out for a meal, its so nice to be learning something new together.

Ive just realised that ive rambled on for ages, i need to stop by more often then you get it all in dispatches rather than a full bulletin!! I feel more able to do that now Im in the ZONE!!

New week starts tomorrow, draw a line and move forward squadders, its the only way :h

Thanks again, and thanks for sharing xxxx
        Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Keeps you sound wonderful!! A true tribute to feeling in control whether w/ food or alcohol. Keep up the great work.

DeeBee: I would be interested in hearing more about the Muslin marriage ceremony: what are the tenets of marriage, how are vows expressed etc.? Just curious about the relationship between husband and wife in that culture.

I wouldn't touch the PMS topic with a 10 foot pole.

Was glad to be AF last night and fully meet my goals for last week. I always start my new week on Sunday. So here's to another good week.

Ask

Comment

hi guys
            Draw a line and keep walking!! I drank too much yesterday. I woke up feeling discouraged, and that feeling of going down the wrong path. I think admitting it here is a big thing. And it is time to dust off the kudzu bottle. I think this is just a habit of boredom more than anything else, really. I am starting to do more in my life.
            Lila

Comment

Hey Squad,
              So I wonder what, exactly, are the connections between drinking and depression? Are we prone to mood troubles, and therefore we drink? Or do we have mood problems because we drink? Or both? It seems that everyone can agree that moods get better with abstinence.

Hi Keep. Yes, I've been sticking to the South Beach diet. I agree, doing without any carbs can create mood swings. But I'm not carb free...I'm basically doing phase II, which means I can have whole grains, fruit, all the veggies I want...but no white flour or sugar. It's okay. I've lost about 5 pounds, and only want to lose 2 or 3 more. I can't blame the diet for my moods. I fear I have to blame my marriage.

More later. I'm surrounded by kids. Love to all. Sara
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Sara
                If you want to talk more about your marriage, please feel free. And, I think we all know - well, I have always struggled with depression, but it is just a vicious cycle. It has to be.
                Do you feel better off sugar and white flour?
                Lila

Comment

Ask, thanks for kind words of encouragement :h Sara :goodjob: on loosing 5 pounds, excellent, hope things improve soon. Lila boredom is a curse, you thought anymore about working in a school?? Also Lila is this permanent eyeliner only available in america, i know Eve has had it done too but ive never heard of it in uk?

Kid i will pact for all next week, am loving living poison free :h:hMonday looms but am looking forward to gym tomorrow at lunch time and then the big weigh in at 6pm fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Comment

supps

ps: lila i will also start taking the supps again tomorrow, the only thing i have been taking is the allinone powder, so tomorrow duster out and will follow plan properly, ive bought them all so should take them!! Still havent received kudzu for subscribing, how long did yours take to come Kid?

Comment

the modders group, way to go folks i have nothing but admiration for ya, if it works do it, gyco

Comment

Gyco;529225 wrote: the modders group, way to go folks i have nothing but admiration for ya, if it works do it, gyco
                        Thanks Gyco we are all in it together so that helps a lot! :thanks:

Comment

Hi Keeps
                          I have a job now, part time. I am planning to volunteer, but honestly, it has been SO cold here, I can't deal. Maybe pm RJ and see where your kudzu is? I don't use the MWO stuff, because it has soy isoflavones and I have hypothyroid. I took 3000 mgs today, that will help a bunch.
                          I am in the US, you could google Permanent Eyeliner. Honestly, I had the best time, and I am just hiding in my house today. The kids are at their dad's so I am just here, reading and watching movies online. You know, boredom! I hope I look normal on Monday.
                          Allone powder is supposed to be really good. I take mine at night.
                          Lila

Comment

:goodjob: re the job xx how nice to have the house to yourself, hope you got the candles going and some nice music - bliss. I am off to google eyeliner, d'oh why didnt i think of that!

Comment

Be sure to get someone good!!!

Comment

What is it with you girls and permanent eyeliner? I've never known anyone in my life who had permanent eyeliner, but then I meet a bunch of recovering drunks and it's all the rage??:H What's wrong with putting a little on every morning?
                                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                                X