The Mod Squad Weekly Thread Beginning February 23, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much Kid, no I haven't read the book, I rely on other sources of inspirtation that suit me better. With my boyfriend I have my plan: drink two nights a week maximum, except speical occasions like next week ( a gig and our anniversary in one week). But yeah, thanks eveyrbody and hope to be talkign to you all again soon
    The way I change the past is by not repeating it
    -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

And don't forget the "Drinktracker"

TG,
      We use DrinkTracker to keep track of our drinking.
      You can see how well your plan is working
      or if you need a different plan...
      KS
      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Whats different on drinktracker than just counting may I ask? I have a fear of clicking links unles I know whats on them xD
        The way I change the past is by not repeating it
        -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

DrinkTracker is one of our threads...

Scroll down the menu...It's not a mystery link.
          DrinkTracker keeps track, it gives you a visual of how you are doing. Everyone else can see it too;
          so it makes you a little more accountable.
          It's easy to SAY,"Oh, I've cut down, or I think I'm doing better",
          proving it to yourself when the numbers show you're still bingeing is a different matter.
          It's not necessary.
          It's just a tool.
          Do what works for you.
          KS
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

hey modders....

Just checking in....
            How is everyone doing?
            I've been feeling so MOD.
            Glad you other modders are here. I get more from knowing you are here then you realize.
            I'm hanging in......how are you???

ps...my eye is feeling better now.. I've realized not to bite off more then i can chew. tut tut
            a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Hi within- still planning on yoga tomorrow? I'll be there too- even though we are on opposite sides of the country I'll think of you.
              zed- what are you up to for exercise?
              vera- good to hear from you on Sun. remember to take what you need and leave the rest. It is easy to mis-interpret computer communication. That is why I have avoided it for years.
              Toughen up!

Comment

Firstly, a huge welcome to TG!

Woke up thinking it was Monday all over again. The DJ on our local radio station was stressing how it was 'pancake' Tuesday (Shrove Tuesday actually) and I was there thinking, 'No, you idiot, it's tomorrow, today's Monday.'

However, I did eventually realise I'd already done Monday.

Yesterday's 'band' practice went well despite my lack of practice!!! I'm in a church worship group comprising of 8 singers, (1 bass, 3 tenors, 2 altos and 2 sopranos). a pianist, a balalaikist (me, who's also one of the altos) and sometimes a flautist. Of course we also have other percussion instruments such as tambourine, sticks, maracas etc etc.

On the drinking front, I had 2 beers last night... still tried to aim for that vodka afterwards (no, I still haven't tipped it). But hubby stepped in saying, 'No, if you wanted the vodka, you should have had it instead of a beer.'

Too right.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Is this "Fat Tuesday"?

Is this the day we "overdo" it in preparation for Lent?
                  I don't want to miss it this year!!:H
                  I missed it last year; then when I was ready to overdo it, everyone around me was in sackcloth and ashes.
                  ~Kid~
                  ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid Shelleen;555457 wrote: DB: Off subject; or ON subject. I noticed you planned to, but haven't started using the DrinkTracker again yet.
                    ~Kid~
                    Yes, you've caught me out -- I seem to be dragging my heels on this don't I? I am behaving like an ostrich in a couple of areas in my life, which I am fully aware of but keep telling myself "tomorrow I'll do it".... this is one of my biggest downfalls, putting off for tomorrow what should be done today.
                    There is only a week left of this month but I WILL go and fill in my DT right now!!
                    Ta for the kick in the pants Kid:H
                    BRB
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DT done!! It's great to see so many people using the DT. I also noticed quite a few names that I didn't recognise or see posts from often... good that they are utilising the DT whilst finding their feet on the boards.

DM, thanks for the lesson on Lent, I seriousy did not know any of that. ATM giving up chocolate would be a BIG sacrafice to me.
                      As for what game we saw... mostly different variety's of buck, Zebra, Impala, Waterbuck, Raom Antelope etc. My favorite part tho was the tree squirrels and Nagaapies (bush babys).

Vladster, I like your hubby more and more -- he seems to know you and understand you well.

Within, it's good to hear from you -- how are YOU doing??

To all of you celebrating Lent, enjoy your pig out today!!
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Welcome TG!!

I did go back and read your previous posts just to get an idea of where you are coming from and TBH I can understand where the people of the AF thread are coming from. Those who are dedicated to being AF and those who are modding do not mix. I respect that and understand where they are coming from. For me personally I love reading the AF daily thread as there are many on there whom I admire and inspire me to constantly re-evaluate my goals. I don't ever post on that thread as I feel it would be disrespectfull. Likewise with Mods, those who are strictly AF do not post about abstaining here. BUT saying that, there are many member here for whom modding is just not an option but still support us and often pop in just to say hi and offer words of encouragement.
                        Being a moderate drinker is not easy and we need all the encouragement, understanding and support we can get, stick around and you'll be sure to find it here.

Again, a warm welcome and i'm looking forward to getting to know you:-)

Comment

Hey kids, all well here.

So, Deebs, Sunday with Linds and Mark was a great day. Rolled by there at 1pm, with an expensive bottle of wine (2001, Shiraz, Australia) and some pirated dvds for them. Got them a copy of Man On Wire, a great documentary film about Phillipe Petit, the French high wire walker who walked across the top, between the World Trade Centers in NYC in 1974, just after they'd been finished, one fine morning. He spent 45 minutes walking between the two towers, up there at the very top... no net. It's a must-see. And I noticed yesterday that it won Best Doc at this year's Oscars as well.

Btw, I found out that the couple of the young kids who acted in Slumdog live in a slum close to my home. Just next to the railway station. I have stared at that slum a million times, as I've waited on the train platform to get my train to school. Kind of crazy to see them, from there, standing in front of bloody Brad Pitt in Hollywood, getting a standing ovation from all the rich folks in America. What an irony.

Lindsay made an excellent Roast Beef, with a great gravy. She went Italian for the rest of it, so we had sliced tomatoes with mozarella and basil and vinegar to start. I took some samosas to spicen things up a bit.

Bottles of wine were downed, and we finally left at 8pm. Too many bottles of wine. Guess what? It was absolutely wonderful.

Anyway, the point is, moderation is the way to go. Monday morning was about depleted brain power and feeling more than justy kind of stupid all day long.

But hey! It was fun.

Delta - you're welcome for the photos. Here's one more at the Forbidden City next to Tianenmen Square right in the very center of the city. Deebers, yes I took some of them last Friday. The Great Wall of China is just outside Beijing, an hour's drive from my home.

Can you believe it...?! Sometimes I can't.

For exercise I am going to the fitness center in the evenings after work. Start with 45 minutes on the bike (not too intense pressure, very manageable) to break a sweat and burn some cals, followed by some light weights for the pecs and arms, and 3 sets of sit ups for the tum-tum. Then it's to the rowing machine where I row 2 kilometers (takes about 12 minutes to finish). All in all, I think I burn about 500-600 calories, and I sweat a bit and feel my muscles. So it's good. Takes an hour to do.

Before bed I stretch a bit and then sit for 5 minutes. I just sit, still. Slow my breathing and feel it. That's all. Then it's time for bed.

Morning I try a bit of stretching and breathing also - just 10 minutes in total - but honestly have not been good with it as yet. Need to work it in, so I get this self-time before I get on with the day, which can be hectic (for the mind, if not the body).

That's all I do. An hour of 'real' exercise, 10 minutes of breathing/ stretching before bed. Want to get another 10 minutes in the morning... 1 hour 20 minutes... ok, 1.5 hours tops... of 24 hours. I can do that. That's a very reasonable commitment to my health. If I can't manage that, I'm just stupid and I deserve to be done for.

Ok folks, speaking of which, it's bedtime soon.

Ciao, Zed

Comment

Hey vlad- I thought I knew all musical instruments but you've got me bamboozled- what is a balaikist? Your hubby is good to help keep an eye on you. We all need that. What's with the pancakes today?

Yes, Kid today is THE DAY to have a little fun and laugh and eat all you want!

Deebs- good on you for keeping up the drinktracker. It is so helpful.

Well I'm off to pick fruit off the trees before the new buds get too big and it starts to damage the next crop. Supposed to be gorgeous and warm so being outside will be glorious.

Have a fab Mardi Gras, mes amies!
                            Toughen up!

Comment

zed- our posts crossed and I'm off to drop off at school- I'll catch up later........
                              Toughen up!

Comment

hi everyone
                                Just popping in to say HI.
                                I have missed this little thread - have had a busy few weeks with family stuff and kids' sicknesses and all. I hope you are all doing well - I did not read this thread, or the last few.
                                I am in an inspirational thingy right now - I am actually back to The Secret, even tho I have some problems with that book, I am focusing in on what I want in life and getting out of my shell a bit.
                                love you all!
                                Lila

Comment

Working...
                                X