Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occasional Drinking (less than weekly)

Winefree,
    Someone here once stated that if you were a daily heavy drinker, it is likely that you will NOT be able to drink moderately. Too much damage may have already been done to your system. I don't know if that includes you. I was mostly a weekly heavier drinker, with a few drinks on weekdays.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun, did you mean that someone who was a daily heavy drinker CAN'T moderate, they find they have to be totally AF? That is more like what I have heard other people on these boards say....

I'm so new to all this, going AF for a long period of time sounds so overwhelming, but thinking I can moderate/occasional right out of the chute scares me too. I guess ODAT is about the only spot I can be today!

Thanks for sharing your insights! Between you and Moo I'm getting good information for a newbie!

Comment

innteresting thread,i guess what it comes down to , whatever works for ya,ive tried all of them,drinking of course modding and total abstinance,no matter which you pick,youll always have the thought of drink,even when sober,constant battle,in the mind,i do wish you all well gyco

Comment

Scrubby,
          Thanks, I have edited my post now. I left out that very important word NOT. My apologies, I definitely don't want to encourage anyone who should not be trying this.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
          X