Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Week of 4/6/09

G'morning Kid,
    Yes, He is risen! I enjoy all of my kinds of friends, and I enjoy knowing which of those are people of Christian faith. In the Christian world, this is the most special day.

My gratitude for today is that in spite of a cold, I can emit enough musical notes to sing in the choir this morning. Halleluia!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 4/6/09

Happy Easter all.
      Well, I blew it. My plan, that is. The drink tracker shows my binges from this weekend. Although I had a plan in place, I'm guilty for ignorning it, and ashamed now for it. My sister came in with her kids and I drank too much. Way over my limits I'd set for myself. What went wrong or I should say, how did I fail? I kept pouring more wine in my glass. Simple. Now that I've beat myself up for most of the day mentally, I'm going to stop torturing myself and start over.

Have a good day everyone.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 4/6/09

Good luck J-vo...

I won't run it into the ground.
        You're a big girl.
        You know what to do if you're not happy with how you handled yourself...
        Just do it.
        ~Kid~
        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 4/6/09

yes I am a big girl. Bigger than that size freakin' two I want to get into (I'm a small person). Yes, I know very well what happened, why it happened. But I do have to say in my defense (have I got one?) that last year at this time I would have been much, much worse than I was this weekend. I was a respectable drunk this weekend. Very hospitable, and all that stuff. I only got stupid (not even that stupid later on in the evening when everyone left). Oh, I know excuses are not good. But my binges are way less than they used to be. Just wanted to say that. I'm not going to go from low-life loser to perfect in one year. I'm making progress.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 4/6/09

We're definately ALL works in progress...
            I'm living proof of that!
            That's what I love about MWO. No finger pointing , or grief, or singling anybody out...

"Life is short,....put on your party pants" (Or whatever appies)

No need to beat yourself up over something you can't change.

I owe so much to this site & everyone here (thanks again RJ!!:h)

PS I'd be happy to be a size 7! size 2? OMG!
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Mod Squad Week of 4/6/09

J-Vo,
              You are absolutely right to keep the big picture in mind, all progress counts, change doesn't happen overnight for most of us.

I was a size 6 for many years, then 8, now 10. I want to get back to 8. But 2? I'm a small person, but you must like being tiny!
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
              X