Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 25th May

hi all
    I am wondering if I can rejoin here. I have had some difficult times, sort of, and just wasn't really up to posting. But I would come here and read.
    Deebs, that is too bad about your daughter. Maybe it is hormonal. You can't be hard to live with. I know that.
    Lila

Comment

Oh Lila! You may NOT rejoin because you never un-joined. You have been missed. Someone asks after you from time to time. Please, catch us up.

Sara, just post again as if nothing "happened." We miss you already!!

Deebs, my heart aches for you. I hope you remember my posts about my daughter. There is light at the end of the tunnel. She has a strong, amazing Mommy and you will get the brunt of it. My daughter's therapist used to tell me they will lash out at the loved one they perceive to be the strongest. Love love love and a good counselor will work wonders. Shall I look up my old post with the poem about anger for you? I believe at the time you said you said you wanted to share it with her. When I am stronger I will pm you with some books you might want to read.

Second surgery went well and I seem to be recovering nicely.

Still lovingly lurking, Lena

Comment

Thank you, Lena. It is nice to be back with all of you. This always has been such a nurturing space.

Comment

Thank you for all your kind words. I have found a phycologist for my daughter (and I) to see. The first appointment is on Friday and it's costing me a whooping R960!! I have also found a lady who she'll go to for Life Alignment sessions. She picks up emotional issues at a sub conscious level that are the root cause of all problems the psychologist will work on the conscious issues and that combined with my therapy will allow a deeper healing to progress at a much faster rate.
          So, lets hope this will work for both of us.

Lena!! and Lila!! What a wonderful surprise!!

Lena, I am off to find your post about anger -- I would love to be reminded of the words again.
          I am so happy to hear that the surgery went well -- what do you mean the second one? I seem to have missed something??

Lila, please share with us how you are doing -- when you are ready.

Ask, thank you for your support, I knew you would also understand. I thought of you this morning. I bought a book many years ago called "The Seven Spriritual Laws of Success for Parents" by Deepak Chopra. I have never read it until this morning. Why, oh why did I not read this sooner I'll never know -- I was in tears reading this morning. He get's it so well.
          I think we need to start a parenting thread -- don't want to hijack:-)

Sun, you are sounding lonely. Pity we all live so far apart... I could pop in for a cuppa and a peek at your garden. I had 3 huge trees cut down yesterday (in preparation for the builders) and it's so exciting the change it's made to the garden and of course now I might just be able to grow something there as it will get some sunshine now.
          The neighbor and I both think it might also keep the monkeys away as we have electric fencing down the side but normally the climb over using the trees -- sorry for them.

Well, on the mod side of my life, things are ok. Not great, but okay. I have been going to yoga a minimum of 2 a week (would prefer to get in more), my so-called-diet is boring and my drinking has been a constant 2 each evening since Sunday.
          I am doing a 10km run this weekend for my daughters school fun day so I should dust off the running shoes and get some practice in.

How is everyone else doing??
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Life alignment sounds great. It really does. I am glad you are able to work to get your relationships to be better.
            Me - I guess I just have financial fears, and feel very scared. Maybe I just want to feel secure so much, and I can't handle insecurity so well. My day to day life with the kids is great - we are all pretty happy, I just am scared about money issues.
            I am sure there is a life lesson for me to learn here.

Comment

Hang in there Lila.
              I heard on the radio this morning that SA is officially in a recession -- it is scary times ahead but yes, like you say, it must be for a reason!!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

thanks Deebs, and you hang in there, too. I remember being pretty weird as a teenager. Maybe it is just a stage of life. Maybe it is that kids have to separate a bit from their parents. I am thinking that because in the last week my preteen suddenly seems to be a bit of a stranger to me. Always going to her friends house and texting constantly.
                But I think you are reacting to the situation in a good way.

Comment

Hi modders.

Lila...I am reasonable new to this thread, so I dont know you of old, but I very much look forward to getting to know you. I am so pleased to see a few more faces, I was thinking out numbers have been in decline....so huge welcome back to you.

Deebs...still thinking of you and your teengal. Good luck for friday. My support is with you.

Sun, I agree with everything you said above. I find that making the odd mistake (although we do want it to be very odd) sort of reinforces the determination for even more AF time, which in the long run is (to me and I think you) more valuable overal. As we both try not to drink too often, I wonder if we are not more prone to error of quantity occasionally as we literally have less practice (I hope that makes sense, it does in my head!!!).

Hello to everyone else here and to absent friends....esp. J-Vo. Has anyone heard from her. just be nice to know she is ok. J if you are reading this...let us know.

Have been AF again now for almost 2 weeks and most of May infact. But I am away for the long weekend as of tomorrow and allow some AL in my life. Results to be noted after!
                  So I wont be around for a few days...I wish you all a lovely weekend and hope the issues resolve themselves where mentioned.

love Moo
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I was awake at sparrow-fart this morning, have been for the last couple of mornings actually. The L-Theanine that I am taking is really giving me a solid night sleep (but that's not the reason I'm taking it lol) and I am waking up refreshed and ready to get out of bed. Don't you hate it when you don't WANT TO get up in the morning?
                    The weather is getting cooler, winter is just around the corner but the days are wonderfully sunny. Still no rain, which is becoming a problem. It costs me an arm and a let to water the garden so if anyone know's of a good rain dance.... lol.

I had my dog in hysterics this morning. I was trying to hoola-hoop! What a gas! Someone mentioned hoola-hooping as a good exercise for the tummy. So I dusted off the daughters lumi pink one and gave it a bash this morning -- I am hopeless!! But it was a good laugh to start the day off with.

I have decided to work from home today -- they are annoying me at the factory with their bickering and I need my head to be in a calm place. So inbetween doing my reports I'll be baking batches of choc chip muffins and happy cookies for the fun run tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing great??

Comment

Good morning!
                      Hi Mood, thanks for the welcome!
                      Deebs, what is L Theonine for? I seem to own so many supplements and I never really take them.
                      We aren't having any rain either. I just watered the garden.
                      I am up super early today. I drank two thirds of a bottle of wine last night and a beer, too. I have been drinking a bit more than I think is good.
                      Sometimes I wish I did something more spiritual in my life. I don't mean going to church, because I don't feel like that. I just mean something kind of centering.
                      anyways, hope everyone has a great day!
                      Lila

Comment

Deebs...I might try that supp...not sure what its for but if it has the effect your describe then that sounds marvellous. I never want to get up!!!

Lila...have you ever tried Yoga or meditation to centre you? I know Deebs does the Yoga thing. Although its not something I have tried, all I hear about it is excellent.

Anyways we are just driving to london...so, I am on limited internet access....so im off for now. love moo
                        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I really have to watch my money now, so I can't really do Yoga. It is always ten dollars for a session. Now that I am thinking, I used to watch sunsets every night and sunrises every morning.
                          Where is everyone today? helloooo......
                          I am scared about life, but I really do have a lot going for me...well, that is reality. Who isn't scared about life, making ends meet, etc? That's part of being a grown up, right?
                          My thoughts there, and the issues I am dealing with.
                          Lila

Comment

Moo, you gotto love technology!! Driving to London whilst catching up on the squad news -- brilliant! Have a great long weekend.

Lila, have you tried meditating? It has really helped to keep me. PM me if you want my beginners notes which Evielou and Wip gave me.
                            There was an interesting article published in research (i think) about suppressing our thoughts and cravings and how you can do more damage by suppressing than allowing them in..... it has given me food for thought.
                            For me there is a fine line (when meditating) between suppressing the thought and allowing the thought to pass through. It's too easy to grab onto the thought and give it my attention -- this is something I am trying very hard to work on.

Hmmm, where is everyone??

Can you believe it's friday again and a new month around the corner -- where is the time going??
                            We went out for dinner last night, myself, hubby and the daughter. We had a really great time and the daughter opened up quite a bit and told Dad all about us going for therapy together, so there is HOPE that our relationship is back on track.

Well, I am going to dye my BF's hair this afternoon -- she wants the "sun-kissed look" but has strawberry blonde hair OMG I hope I don't screw it up!
                            Tomorrow we are running a 10km fun run at my daughter's school and then there is the rugby final in the afternoon.... so busy, busy all weekend.

COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE~

Comment

Lila, I forgot to answer your question about L-Theanine.

I first heard about it from Boss.man who was taking it to help with anger issues. It helps relieve anxiety and has a calming effect. On my bottle it suggests taking the L-Theanine with 5-HTP and magnesium for the full calming effect, which is what I am doing. It has a relaxing effect without causing drowsiness.

L-Theanine is an amino acid commonly found in tea and is related to glutamine.

But interestingly enough I started taking it to help me with my weight loss. When I read Boss.mans post I researched it and found that it was also used effectively in weight loss programms.

So I take 300mg in the morning when I wake up and another 300mg when I go to bed and I have the most FANTASTIC sleep.

I do believe that with all supplements you need to take the consistently and for a period of time before you feel the full benefits.

Hope this helped.

Comment

Yes, that is interesting. I have not been taking supps. I will have to get back on track, and that does sound like a good one.
                                I used to dye my own hair, but looking back that was a pretty bad idea. Now I go to a training salon and that is pretty cheap, relatively.
                                I want a tummy tuck!!! My tummy sticks out just a bit. I ordered from Amazon a 5lb weighted hula hoop, so maybe I can get there naturally.
                                Still, I am drinking a lot less, and that is a great way to lose weight!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X