Mod Squad August Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad August Thread!

I disappointed myself last night - I came downstairs and hubby asked if I wanted a drink. I said, 'Yes' and he asked what I wanted. Determined to stay AF for the night I said coffee. Hubby's response was, 'Oh, you don't want beer?' and I said, 'No.' Anyway, half an hour passed and I changed my mind. I don't keep alcohol in the house so we had to go out and get it. Arrrgh! It was only 2 drinks but even so, I've set my goal at 14 uk units a week - at this rate I will fail, not miserably but fail all the same. Here's for tonight AF.

Was thinking about things you hear colleagues say... the following always used to make me laugh, still does in a way, probably because I laugh at what I used to think in response:

Example 1:
    'It's no wonder we drink at the weekends...'
    (Just weekends??? I drink every day)

Example 2:
    (On a Monday) 'I can't wait till Friday, then I can have my bottle of wine.'
    (Friday? I'd just drink it tonight!!!)

Example 3:

'I'm going to get sooooooo p****d on Saturday.'
    (Why not tonight, I know it's Tuesday, but who cares???)

LOL! I'd be in a mess today if I'd drunk 3 beers and half a litre of vodka last night... couldn't hack that anymore! It's funny though, people make comments like the above all the time, and I never say a word. They must think I'm a freak. :H

Anyway, here are the conservatory interior pics - hubby's in the right pic. Lighting went in yesterday.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/988307=5125-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/988307=5128-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Hi guys, Sunbeam thanks for the bump on your story, I will read it through.
      Vlad that was some quick work on your conservatory. I take it you didnt have Irish builders in so LOL
      Examples 1,2&3 I used to think, what is wrong with these people.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

KTAB;683798 wrote: Examples 1,2&3 I used to think, what is wrong with these people.
        :H:H:H

I did manage to open up little with a couple of my colleagues but they have both left now. One of them had opened up to me and I told him that I used to drink vodka every night, up to half a litre. I remember telling another I couldn't keep vodka in the house because I would just try and drink it all in one go. They were surprised and told me they never thought of me as being a 'lush'. Have you ever heard of that word 'lush' for an alcoholic?
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Morning all,
          I'm up much earlier today as I'm meeting my teacher friend at school so we can go over our first week's plans. I love to be prepared!!!!!! I'm also such a nerd at times and an overachiever. I promised myself I would just be "good" and not the "best" this year. I will not stress myself out! Yeah, right.

Vlad - Your conservatory is absolutely beautiful! So bright and lovely. I'm happy for you. Don't be disappointed in yourself. It was two, not two plus vodka (the evil juice as I call it). And yes, I actually refer to myself at times as a "lush." Yes, the examples...I hear those ones all the time.

Sun - I'm off to reread your story. I don't know if I've read it yet. Thanks for bumping.

To all modders! Have a great day. I'm off to work!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Sun,
            I just reread your story. You are an excellent role model here at MWO. The thing that caught my eye once again as far as frequency of drinking, "the less you drink, the more control you have" or something to that effect. Very true. Thanks Sun!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

j-vo;683866 wrote: "the less you drink, the more control you have" or something to that effect.
              Yes, I feel afraid to overdo it now, knowing how I will feel if I do. I recall saying to hubby recently when we were at the pub, he asked if I wanted a 4th drink, I said 'No.' because I needed to get up early. This time last year, I know I wouldn't have said that and probably would have been trying to get a 5th out of whatever change we had left. I am starting to be more realistic.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Well the builders have thrown the slab today so it's onto the bricklaying now. There has been a different team working here the last couple of days and the one labourer keeps looking in the window everytime he walks past -- freaking me out!! I think I'll have a chat with the builder when he fetches them later.

I'm off to book club tonight which is always interesting when I am AF because I can remind the girls in the morning what they said the night before. I hope there's no drama. On the last two occassions the girls have used book club to vent and get alot off their chests and it's turned out quite emotional for some.

Anyhoo, I intend to have a great time tonight.

Vladster, I'm loving your conservatory!! It looks so light and airy -- although I suppose you don't want it too airy do you LOL! And hubby sitting there like it's his favorite place in the world:-)

Hope everyone is having a great HUMP DAY!!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Hey Modders...

VLAD - yes I too love the conservatory, it looks marvellous.

J-Vo....you seem to be having a really productive week...i'm going great with the PACT. No temptation so far....its all good. Hope is same for you.

DEEBS- I hope book club is OK and no dramas....

Sun I will read your story when time allows...I think I looked at it in the early days actually....but am well aware of your principles which differ very little from my own...which is basically try to leave it alone most of the time and be very careful if you have some on special occasions...although I am going for not drinking at some of those too now...YAY.

Well guys I knackered as had REALLY long day at work today and need to chill.....so I am going to sit with a cuppa for a bit, then go for a gentle 30 minute jog (cant face the gym today). Mr Moo is cooking tonight, thank heavens....so its tea and tv tonight....
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

HI all:

Everybody sounds so good . .. even you Vlad, recognizing that you missed a goal but are on track. I agree w others that your conservatory is lovely.

My daughter had a GREAT bike trip through Nova Scotia for 3 weeks and came home in good spirits - we got along quite nicely. She's now off to visit a friend in Ohio for a week (keeping her busy) before coming back to field hockey camp and then team practices before school. She and I still have things to work out, but the break did us both good.

I am off today and trying to get lots done. Working on my Mods goals this week which means no 19th hole tonight for me after golf - but did have a nice "girls' dinner" last night to celebrate a friend's retirement. Moderation, moderation. It's a bit daunting to try to limit drinking nights to 3 this week, but I'm trying... I've gotten into a habit of drinking more often.

Will be in touch my good friends.

Ask

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Oh guys....

I have just posted under Moo's plan what is going on...but in short it is 4.30 am and I am sitting here trying to get work done as we have to leave for London (5 hours away by car) early tomorrow as my MIL is seriously ill. God its shit! The poor women has been suffering with Cancer and related problems for all the time we have been married (6 years) and its been bad (very) for about a year. I dont know what the best outcome would be frankly! I am not religious, but I hope the Universe knows whats best.

When the news came at ten pm last night I had one and a half beers with Mr Moo (poor sod, he's really sad). So it looks as though my AF august just died a death. Sorry those of you I was supposed to be supporting, I know you will understand!

Oh Guys...this is awful. I cant sleep, so I am awake (to state the bloody obvious!) and washing up and making sandwhiches for our journey and prepping work....I shall be tired tomorrow, but it makes me feel like I am doing something and we need to be organised or the morning will be more stressful,!!!!

Thanks for listening

love Moo
                      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Oh Moo! I am so very sorry to hear about your MIL -- please tell Mr Moo that I am thinking of him -- thinking of both of you.
                        (((BIG HUGS)))
                        Please let us know how you get on -- and don't forget to look after yourself during this trying time, okay!!
                        Loads of Love
                        Dee
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Moo,
                          My heart goes out to you. Stay safe in your journey, take care of Mr. Moo. The outcome will be the one that's meant to be.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Mooder, sorry to hear your sad news, it must be a very tough time for all of you. You just do what is best for you guys and remember there are a lot of people here who care about you.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Moo - thinking of you all, have a safe journey.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Moo, I'm thinking of you and Mr. Moo. Have a safe trip. Mr. Moo is a lucky man to have such a supportive and caring wife like you.

Vlad - your progress is excellent. You've shown such great control over the past year, and sometimes just what we tell ourselves, remind ourselves how we don't want to end up tomorrow morning or sloppy tonight is enough to keep the control. I know for me, it's what I've been drinking this past year that's given me back some control I lost way back. No evil juice (vodka).

Deebs, that bricklayer sounds kinda creepy! Be careful not to walk around in your bra and panties! How was book club? One of my "extra" classes this year is to teach book club twice a week. I think it'll be fun. The only problem is acquiring the same books for several kids. Don't know how that'll work because I was not in school last year to order them. I'd love to have theme parties at the end of each book with good food!

Ask, glad your daughter's doing well. I just started golf lessons last month. It's not easy! How long have you been golfing? Are you a serious golfer?

Happy modding everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X