Mod Squad October Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad October Thread

:new: Hi Everyone , my name is Emmy , I just want to say HAPPY OCTSOBER and tell ALL of you that I appreciate your posts , each and everyone of you are helping me . I am trying to be AF for 30days , after that , who knows I quit smoking in June , so I feel anything is possible. I enjoy a glass of wine , I don't know if I can go the rest of my life without another one , so saying I will is like setting myself up for failure , Right now I'm just doing the 30days . Just wanted to THANK you all for being here :h Em
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi Emmy,
      WELCOME! I read on another post of yours that you are also in your 50's. I need some help here, holding up the greying end of things. I also started a weight loss thread about a month ago, just for us post-menopause gals. Glad to know you are one of the many (I think) who read this thread. It often happens that by the end of 30 days, people give up alcohol for good. Stay tuned, so much depends on how bad it was for you. The occasional drinking concept is working well for me, and I am working to further reduce those occasions.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi! Just checking in. I miss you guys! I'm looking to pact with someone this week until Fri. eve. Anyone interested?
        Toughen up!

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Delta Moon!
          It is always great to see you. I'm always AF during the week. Does that help?
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Yes DELTA I will take that PACT with you happy. I am generally AF in the week. but this week is a little harder than others (time of the month, less will power!) So I am happy to work with you on this one.

Love Moo
            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Delta Moon;730311 wrote: Hi! Just checking in. I miss you guys! I'm looking to pact with someone this week until Fri. eve. Anyone interested?
              ME!!:l
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

I am beginning to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
                I am so bloody tired of being in this funk. Every thing that has gone wrong in my life recently has just been exaggerated by my drinking.
                I still have issues which need to be dealt with (won't bore you with the details) but I am beginning to feel stronger and more capable to deal with it today.
                A huge trigger for me, one which I've never really acknowledged before is finances, or rather the lack of. I find discussing finances extremely difficult and as a rule pull my ostrich maneuverer rather than deal with it head on which has left me in a rather precarious position. But NO MORE!!!

DM, how are you? I hope life is treating you kindly? I will pact with you this week and into the weekend. DH is going on a golf trip this weekend so I'll probably spend some time bonding with my brother and don't have any intention of drinking except for 2 glasses with the rugby on Saturday.

Sun, I am so not proud of what my DT looks like this month. Your's on the other hand looks wonderful with all those 000's.

Vladster, I know you are lurking -- come and say hi!!

Moo, I'm sorry your October thread got a life of it's own but you know you are loved here!

Welcome Free and a belated Happy Birthday!! Another Libra yay!!
                I really enjoyed your post about working what's inside of you -- too true.

Hi Nancy! As always another thought provoking post.

Hi Mario, KTAB, Tassimo and anyone else I've missed. This is what happens when I don't post daily, it has taken my about an hour to catch up on all the news LOL

I promise to check in more regularly this week.

Love and light to all.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Welcome Em!! And congrats on quitting the twaks! I did too about 6 months ago and I don't miss it at all.

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hello my Modder friends.

Sunbeam I should post more often, I'm 56 YO so don't feel like you are the only greying beauty here.

I'm doing OK, not fantastic with my moderation. I am drinking more days per week than I think I should but not drinking to excess on any one of them although I just recently did a 10 day AF stretch when I was having my teeth extracted and getting used to my new dentures. I think when anything medical is going on it is best to abstain, especially since I had some painkillers that I did not want to mix with anything alcoholic. I was also advised not to exercise for a week while my gums healed so now it is hard for me to get back to it. Ugh!

DeeBee congrats on your 6 months smoke free. I know you must feel much better for it.

Hi to Delta Moon I hope things in your life are settling down emotionally, it is always good to see you here.

Sara, you sound like you are doing well too! I'm so happy you are finding a path that is comfortable for you. Startingover has some perspective on the Prozac, you might want to talk with her about how you are feeling, she is a very open and supportive person here.

Emmy and Free and Tassimo nice to meet you. Hello also to KTAB and Mooderator, you posts are always good to read. Nancy and Mario thanks for your perspectives here.

To whomever I missed, it is always risky trying to say hello to all the posters, I do hope if I've missed someone you are not offended. Take care all, wishing you all moderation success.
                    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Geez, I just noticed I missed a whole page LOL!
                      Sara, ditto on Beths advice about chatting to Start's about the Prozac -- she's a mine of info and more than willing to help out or offer advice. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Mario, thanks for your input.
                      I too agree with a period of abstaining from AL altogether before drinking moderately.

The Moderation Management website has some good ideas and suggestions with regards to goals and plans -- I don't visit it often as the format of the site is rather confusing but they also recommend a period of 30 days AF.

This is their view of what a moderate drinker is:

When you have made the healthy decision to drink less, and you stay within moderate limits, you should not experience any health, personal, family, social, job-related, financial, or legal problems due to alcohol. The suggested guidelines below allow for a degree of individual interpretation, because moderation is a flexible principle and is not the same for everyone. The suggested limits, however, are more definite.

A Moderate Drinker:
                      considers an occasional drink to be a small, though enjoyable, part of life.
                      has hobbies, interests, and other ways to relax and enjoy life that do not involve alcohol.
                      usually has friends who are moderate drinkers or nondrinkers.
                      generally has something to eat before, during, or soon after drinking.
                      usually does not drink for longer than an hour or two on any particular occasion.
                      usually does not drink faster than one drink per half-hour.
                      usually does not exceed the .055% BAC moderate drinking limit. (see Note 1 below)
                      feels comfortable with his or her use of alcohol (never drinks secretly and does not spend a lot of time thinking about drinking or planning to drink).

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi !

Hello Mod Squad !

So this is where all the OctSOBER people went too. You can run, but you can't hide :H

Mooderator, thanks for getting the October AF threads going. Since I am a daily wine drinker for 25 years and my tolerance has increased, it is time for me to learn how to be AF on any given day and being happy about. I also need a good 30 days to heal the distress that is going on inside my "gut". Already after having 4 AF days this October, my stomach is already feeling better and much less bloated.

So that's my goal for October. To learn how to be AF as many days as possible without being in a CRANKY MOOD.

Free Bird I was missing you over on the OctSOBER thread. I'm glad you had a happy birthday.

So if you don't mind, I would like to join in on this thread next month. I really have enjoyed reading the posts. I know I can never be AF for life, as I do love my wine, but I need to also learn how to live without it sometimes.

All I want from life is to be happy and healthy.

P.S. I'm over 50 too :happy: and I'm not gray - I'm "Dark Auburn Brown" by Clairol Natural Instincts
                        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

i'M FEELING LIKE THE VILLAGE IDIOT ! I am having the hardest time finding posts that I read this morning , but didn't have time to respond to .. I'm SOBER , so I know they didn't disapear anyway , YES < i am in my 50's , YES , i have some gray , but it is totally covered ( haha) YES , I am trying to be AF for 30days and YES , I am todays village idiot ! For some reason when i click on a forum it takes me to posts that were written friggin months ago , I also need to find my way into the chat room , I'm so glad I found MWO , I just hope you all feel the same about me ! :l Em
                          BTW , what is a "trackback"?
                          Non Drinker 9/09
                          Non Smoker 6/09
                          Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi MISS OCTOBER and EMMY...

Yes I am afraid I defected back to my FAVOURITE thread. I just feel happy hear and can post what I am thinking and feeling and there are some great people here. All of them infact!

DEEBS...great to see you back honey...hope all is going well with the family and that you can keep to your modding goals...Hey More Belly-dancing for me tomorrow. I cant wait. Plus I am buying a ticket to an Arabian Nights Night in early november when the class will be dancing. I WILL BE WATCIHING this time! Next time I will up with em!

Useful reminder post DEEBS of what we are all aspiring to.

Love to all Moo

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

I'm wondering too

Emmy;730991 wrote: i'M FEELING LIKE THE VILLAGE IDIOT ! I am having the hardest time finding posts that I read this morning , but didn't have time to respond to .. I'm SOBER , so I know they didn't disapear anyway , YES < i am in my 50's , YES , i have some gray , but it is totally covered ( haha) YES , I am trying to be AF for 30days and YES , I am todays village idiot ! For some reason when i click on a forum it takes me to posts that were written friggin months ago , I also need to find my way into the chat room , I'm so glad I found MWO , I just hope you all feel the same about me ! :l Em
                              BTW , what is a "trackback"?
                              I can't get into chat either- Eve 11 and Sunshine tried to help but I'm still getting an "error" message. I also want to know what a "trackback" is??

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Morning Squad..

Yesterday I was a bit miserable generally. No urge to drink at all. Just a PMT day. Today I feel a bit brighter, still not 100% on form, but better. I have a day out off work, so I am going shopping with my Mum to look for dresses for the masked ball we have planned for new year (early yes, but we wanted to see what there was). Then tonight its BELLY DANCING, class 3. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X