Mod Squad October Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad October Thread

So this is where all the OctSOBER people went too. You can run, but you can't hide
    Opps busted.
    Hi Miss O it will be nice to see you regularily here next month.
    Hello Emmy delighted to see you and Franzia here too. Unfortunatley I have no idea what a trackback is either, maybe somebody can shed some light on that. I wonder if you guys maybe need to upgrade your software for chat.
    Deebee nice to see you back among us and I am glad you are begining to see some light at the end of that tunnel.
    Hi Cyclefan well done on the af stint I think I will need to take a few of them from time to time to keep on the straight and narrow but then again I seldom choose the easy path in life. I am a big fan of exercise since I came here and I think you are right about it being tough to get back after a break. For me if I can keep a regular schedule it becomes much easier and more enjoyable. Big ouch on the teeth front btw.
    Hi Delta count me in for the pact, what is left of it.
    Sunbeam do you find it easier to always be af during the week or does that result in cravings come the weekend? Hope that question makes sense.
    Moo you belly dance your cotton socks off girl. Sounds like a blast. I wonder what the straight male equivallent is? Answers on the back of a postcard please
    And a big hello to any of you guys I failed to mention.

Well it is day 7 AF for me today and so far it has been plain sailing on a tranquil lake I am pleased to report. That pleases me greatly. Keep safe all.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Wow, what a great bunch we've got going here this month.

Welcome Miss O and I hope you're finding your way around okay -- shout if you need help.... just don't ask me what a "trackback" is LOL. Where's Vlad? She'll know.

Thanks KTAB, it feels good to be back posting again without a monkey on my back.

Well excuse me for the brief post but I am absolutely buggered from moving furniture in and out of rooms all day so that they guys can lay carpets. It is starting to take shape now but I really am getting a bit tired of shifting boxes and cupboards around the house -- this was not what I had in mind when I said I wanted to exercise more!!

I'm still with you DM -- how are you doing there girlfirend???

Happy Hump Day modders;-)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi to everyone here,

Thanks for making me feel welcome and normal. I appreciate the honesty and support on this thread.

I originally started posting on the Octsober thread and really wanted to do the whole month AF even with my Birthday being in there, but I realize (for me) there is no great sin in having a glass of wine when I feel the celebration calls for it. Granted, there is no excuse for it (for me) to be more often. Being here has helped me reduce the amount and frequency and achieve some of my goals.

I was wondering too if anyone seems to drink more when they feel anxious? I have noticed lately, that to be a big trigger.

I also learned that I need to do this AF time in short incriments, so I am in with Delta for the 7 days and through the weekend and reevaluate at that time. I'd really like to do some serious AF time, but I find it very difficult in some situations. I don't really ever binge or drink in the morning, noon or afternoon, so I think my affliction is not to the point of no return. But what it is, is too much for me! I just need to learn new ways of not doing what I know I don't want to do; to be stronger and more assertive with myself.

I should try to post more often as I would like to respond to everyone, as everyone has said some very important things here, and I am getting a lot out of it. I just seem to loose track of time with just the reading part.

Have a great time today no matter what you do.

Free

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi gals! Well I didn't keep my pact. :argh: I managed to drink almost a whole bottle of wine last night. BUT I am willing to try again today! Thats all I can do is pick myself up and shake it off and move forward. Right? So here I go.............
          Thanks for all the cyber hugs! Love you all.
          Blessings.
          Toughen up!

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

He YaAll,

Here's a big cyber hug right back at ya. I still want to do 7 days AF....so anyone with me?

I really should clairify something that I feel is a bit misleading in my previous post: I have been coming to "The Boards of MWO" for about two years and I have done 30 days AF. I really did not notice too much of a difference in that 30 days time - physically or mentally. what I did notice is that once the 30 days was up, I was left wondering "WHAT NOW". And honestly I felt deprived. I have to say though, my drinking has not been at all excessive since then. So, I am going to stick with my "little" rewards; just not too often. I am committed to drink tracker too.

Clear as mud....good....now carry on.

Thanks

Free

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Wow! quite a crew we're getting here. Welcome to anyone I haven't welcomed.

KTAB, I now really just don't drink during the week. It is pretty much off the table, though my part-time work in the summer made more week days seem like week ends. I never drank many week nights. I was mostly a binge drinker on Sunday afternoons. But I feel that some drinking on week days primed my pump, kept more alcohol in my body and paved the way for more drinking on the weekend. I think I know what you mean though, that feeling of being deprived leading to more drinking. So it can work either way, depending how you perceive it.

Deebs I believe you have been through a lot financially. I'm glad life feels a little more under control. Don't apologise for Drink Tracker. I have a harder time understanding those who don't use it, though I greatly respect everyone's individual choices. But once you can see the size and shape of your problem on this record, you can deal with it better. So much of recovery from alcohol abuse is getting honest with yourself, and this is a great tool for doing that. Denial seems to thrive in the alcohol world.

So Miss O and Cyclefan, we are all greying, just some of us disguise it well. I just like knowing there are others who are not whippersnappers.

My BIL and two kids are coming Sunday/Monday, so we will be sharing wine this weekend. An actual occasion.

Take care, all.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Good morning moddders! Life is good with a clear head! Hallelujah!
                Now the trick is to keep the momentum going..........
                I wish you all a beautiful day full of love and peace.
                Blessings
                Toughen up!

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi Modders

DM its lovely that you are posting again here.....yay!

SUNBEAM - I agree that for me too, but not drinking in the week and making sure there are weekends when I dont drink inbetween ones where I do, I am much better able to keep the beastie at bay. Where I did drink in the week a bit more through some of Aug and early sept, (although the modding wasnt too bad) I had to put in more effort to stop doing so again. It has taken a week or two to get back back to normal.

Well today has been a lovely uneventful thursday...Af tonight as always...happy to be AF at the moment I must say...as yet undecided about saturday night this week...

Love to you all

Moo
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

:goodjob: I'll do the next 7 days !! I'm trying to get to 30 and like you will decide where I want to go from there. I like "little rewards" I think i could live with that:h
                    free bird;731647 wrote: He YaAll,

Here's a big cyber hug right back at ya. I still want to do 7 days AF....so anyone with me?

I really should clairify something that I feel is a bit misleading in my previous post: I have been coming to "The Boards of MWO" for about two years and I have done 30 days AF. I really did not notice too much of a difference in that 30 days time - physically or mentally. what I did notice is that once the 30 days was up, I was left wondering "WHAT NOW". And honestly I felt deprived. I have to say though, my drinking has not been at all excessive since then. So, I am going to stick with my "little" rewards; just not too often. I am committed to drink tracker too.

Clear as mud....good....now carry on.

Thanks

Free
                    Non Drinker 9/09
                    Non Smoker 6/09
                    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Just a quick check in between moving book case and dining room table LOL!!
                      It's so exciting to finally be putting a dining room table into a dining room!! It used to sit in the kitchen where we would all squeeze past and invariably bump ourselves so my upper thighs would be black and blue.

TGIF Peeps.... I'll catch up with all the news a bit later.
                      Love
                      Dee
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi Modders,

Sunbeam, About my avater. When I first chose it, I chose it as an Iris (Japanese), but now that you metnion it, it looks more like spiderwort. I don't have any in my garden as of yet, but will look for some next Spring. I really like perinnials, but have to be careful as we are in a Zone 4 (sometimes Zone 5), and it gets cold in the winter.

I am doing well mooderating this week, but still feel the need to put in more AF days. I really don't feel like I ever want to overdo it again.....that being said.....Anyhow, I have gained some self control and really don't give it too much thought to the point where it is wearing me out. I guess it's becoming more of a habit to only have one or two. There is the occasion where it is more than that, and that is the part I am working on. What seems to work for me is to have a full stomach, so that I can't squeeze anything more in there.....So I will gain 400 pounds. Seriously, I do tend to over drink when I am hungry.

I should let you all know that I am the official whippersnapper here.....as I am only 49.

Have a healthy weekend and be happy.

Free

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Hi Dee,

We must have cross-posted. I really enjoy reading about your journey and appreciate your great avater as well.

Have fun moving furniture. And about those black and blue thighs....

Free

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Free, I am a bigger (or is it smaller) whippersnapper.... 34
                            Thanks for the support!!

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

I am putting in my bid for whippersnapper.....34 here! LOL!

Love to you all!

Comment

Mod Squad October Thread

Well following an excellent modding weekend last weekend. I have had a perfect AF week. Been AF sunday to friday (today) and not given it any thought at all, except that I am really happy to be back where I was...almost. My thing for this week was to make sure friday was AF....that being tonight, its not done yet, but it will be without a doubt. I am still not sure yet whether I am going to allow some wine tomorrow or not....I will be happy either way, but dont want to make the decision until the time comes....

FREE you seem to be doing really well ....

Comment

Working...
                                X