Ruby Tuesday weekly meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. I think it's my first time posting in this area. Wow, we now have three active threads in the Mods forum.

I went with bf yesterday golfing and we had a wonderful time. I didn't play, but came along for support (and video!! It was real funny!!! shhhh don't tell bf). We brought a 12 pk of beer and I drank 5. I enjoyed it, but probably overdid it somewhat. What I am proud of is that when we came home that afternoon, I didn't drink anymore. I thought about it, briefly, but didn't hesitate to put it out of my mind. That is progression, for me. Just thought I'd share.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Wahoo another thread for me to babble away on

I had 4 beers last night but turned down shots with hubby and his friend and went to bed early, felt fine when I got up but feeling lazy today.... Sunday is my day off from the gym....

My goal this week is to have 5 AF days as well, starting today thru Thursday! I'm sure I can pull off Monday Thru Thursday just fine but today will be a tough one as I like to drink on Sunday afternoons as I do chores and cook.... We'll see!
      And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Eve, I wouldn't be surprised if the AL cravings and sugar cravings are related. I've had quite the sweet tooth since I've been on my AF stretch. My chocolate ice cream addictions threatens to reverse my weight loss. I'll hit send and take a walk to lunch!

D
        Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
        When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Still going strong about my goal for 5 AF days this week and managed to pull off an AF Sunday..............

Hope everyone else is doing well with the goals they have set for themselves.

D- feel free to use this thread to set yourself and ICF goal (Ice Cream Free):H
          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Hows everyone doing with he goals they set?

BTW, I absolutely love the song "Good Bye Ruby Tuesday" I like the version by Melanie.

Hope everyone has a fabulous HUMP day.................

Comment

so far so good V. Fri and sat I stopped drinking by my cut off time, and am going for 5 af days this week (I only managed 3 last week) but I'm putting that behind me now.

Comment

Hey I was just doing a little reading through this thread...it's not uncommon to get a sweet tooth if you stop drinking...it's sugar...

I was thinking next week, or perhaps start tonight, go AL free until the marathon...I might be saying this because I feel so bloated today...but I'd like to drop a few before the marathon...I'm definitely conditioned for it, my diet has been a little wacky lately..

Comment

Stewarts;1395508 wrote: ...t's not uncommon to get a sweet tooth if you stop drinking...it's sugar...
                  Stewarts,

So true! Actually what I have found when I start to crave a third drink (and want to stop at two) is to substitute a sweet drink like flavored water and it does help take that craving away! I know the sugar has to do a lot with the "craving one more drink". We need a nutritionist now to pipe in and give us some good info!

:l
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Going to try use this thread for setting goal this week, then guage how I did. I am not getting any AF days in so any will be an improvement.

Plan to be AF Mon, Wed, Thur.

TMH
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

HELLO RUBY TUESDAY.................... I set a goal of 5 days last week and met that goal.

This week I would like to set a goal of 5 days again and would like to shoot for one evening outing with no AL, does not mean I will not drink at all that day or drink when I get home but want to try a weekend outing with out drinking...

How did everyone do with their goals last weekend and what are the plans for this week?

Comment

Hi everyone, I did get my 5 af days in, and I plan to get another 5 in this week. that's all I can commit to at the mo but I will be more than happy with that too

Comment

:lHey gang,
                          6 days AF for me. Only drank on date night, Friday night. May possibly consider a drink with a gf on a week night this week. We'll see. Funny how the social thing of a drink makes it easier to connect with friends after work. Starbucks just doesn't quite do the trick after work for some reason.

Weekly goal is no more than 7 drinks for the week with hopes of less, 5 or so.

Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Last week's goal was 3 days AF. I made it 2 days. Going to try for at least 3 again this week!

TMH
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Good Job TMH! I'm going to try to af it 4 days this week and cut down my intake a bit when I do drink

Comment

New month (August) and we're not far into it so figured I'd pull up our Ruby Tuesday thread and write down some weekly goals for my month of August. Hope many of you do the same.

Saw some posts where drinking in the day can be hard and makes some go over their limit, or drinking alone, or drinking with heavy drinkers can do the same. This moderation thing always comes with many challenges as cravings can occur everytime we reintroduce alcohol into our bodies. So, we have to make plans to remain strong when triggers give us cravings to go over our limits.

I really have to stick to no drinking alone. It has been tempting for me this summer to have a glass of wine from an unfinished bottle over the week-end. I drink white and hubby drinks red. His gets poured if he doesn't finish it. White stays better for longer in the fridge but then I find it's too tempting to have one or finish the bottle (2) on a Monday night, when I generally never drink on week-nights. He would not think it's a good idea for me to do that so I tend to have that nice little glass or two before he comes home. And guess what that is? You know the answer. It's sneaking drinking. So... my goal is no more sneaking drinking. Drinking works best for me when I have a drink or 2 on the week-end when I am in a situation of being able to sit back and relax and enjoy a drink that I drink slowly. There are occasions where I will drink when at an event with girls or something like that. Actually a yearly get together this Monday with some GFs. That is when my goal has to be NO MORE than two. Plan will be to bring along a flavored drink I will switch to after my 2 drinks. If I have a back up drink, it's easier to stay to my limit. I have been at homes where there is nothing else but alcohol so it becomes too easy to have the 3rd when everyone else is drinking. So carrying my own back up helps me.

What are your goals for the week? Mine are to have no more than 6 drinks this week.

Eve11

Comment

Working...
                                X